The potential of Cell

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

The potential of Cell

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 am

Cell, Cell, Cell how you are missed.. by me at least!!
So I’ve been thinking and with more intensity since the Golden Frieza and more recently Golden Freeza's temporary revival.

You’ve got the potential for so much with his genetics, you’ve got right up to ssgss (potentially) and of course as a side effect to the training to achieve a higher Super Saiyan form he could unlock the Golden Frieza form too.
Basically he’s the ultimate fusion and with his power i feel the sky is the limit.

No point crying over spilt milk as they say but I’m going to a little and just say they should have done the same deal for Cell as was for Frieza, imagine the boost Universe 7 would get in the current story arc.

Do you all think he would be a worthy fighter to bring back if so would he really achieve this level??
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The potential of Cell

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Revolution wrote:Do you all think he would be a worthy fighter to bring back if so would he really achieve this level??
Yes of course. And the chances of a betrayal would less if compared to Freeza. Cell has Saiyans cells so one thing for sure is that all he'd want is a good fight. The "I'll destroy the solar system" was just something thrown out in the thin air to remember the viewers that he was a villain but in many occasions Cell demonstrated that he only wanted to have a good fight, just like Saiyans.

Also, possessing Saiyans and Freeza cells means that he can achieve higher levels, he could either rely on becoming a strong Super Saiyan 3 without major drawbacks and/or changing his color after training for four or more months. Cell is better in any aspect and bringing him back would add more to the lore, would do better for the character and would be better than milking Freeza over and over.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 pm

He has Saiyan cells capable of Blue, Freeza cells capable of Golden Freeza, and Android design which as seen with 17 can jump in power tremendously.

Cell would have been insane, probably Beerus level power or more, if he was allowed to train and unlock all his power.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:46 pm

You never know he could be training in HFIL I don’t know if it’s canon but he had his body whilst dead so I’ll say it’s possible. Maybe with all the attention on this tournament he could find a way to take advantage and escape otherworld?

I know people want more original characters but it would be ashame to let this potential go to waste, he could be a replacement for Beerus even
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

mallaard

Post by mallaard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:40 pm

I was wondering about this the other day too, I'd love to see Cell come back "Resurrection C" style. All the above points are valid, he'd have massive potential, in light of seeing what Frieza could achieve through training as well as what we already knew about the Saiyans.

The one thing I wonder about though, is at least as far as I can remember, Cell originally only powered up through absorbing other characters. I don't remember if he actually did any real training at any point. Would it be possible that his "Perfect" form really was just that, the highest potential his programming allowed? When Saiyans get severely damaged and recover, they increase in power tremendously, as pointed out in the original Frieza saga. However when Cell gets blown away or suicide-explodes, his cellular programming reconstructs him in the exact same form, with no improvements as far as I can remember. So my question is, could he train himself into something better or was he as strong as he was going to be?

I'm sure if he were to be brought back, Toriyama or the Toei writers would allow him to get stronger for entertainment's sake. Until seeing 17 reappear in Super, I had somehow gotten under the impression that the androids could never increase their power, that they were stuck in a static level due to their mechanical programming/design. I don't know if I got that misconception from something online or a video game description or what.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:55 pm

precita wrote:He has Saiyan cells capable of Blue, Freeza cells capable of Golden Freeza, and Android design which as seen with 17 can jump in power tremendously.

Cell would have been insane, probably Beerus level power or more, if he was allowed to train and unlock all his power.
You don't even know if he would be as strong as Beerus or more powerful... I feel like some people really underestimate Beerus's power level, in the Manga once he gets a little serious he OS Vegeta completed SSJBlue with ease. (and I'm not even a fanboy of Beerus)
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:32 pm

I think Cell would make a good anti hero or anti villian, he would be definitely more controllable than Frieza in terms of behavior.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Revolution wrote: No point crying over spilt milk as they say but I’m going to a little and just say they should have done the same deal for Cell as was for Frieza, imagine the boost Universe 7 would get in the current story arc.

Do you all think he would be a worthy fighter to bring back if so would he really achieve this level??
He wouldn't get all that strong if he was brought back for the Universal Survival Arc. All things considered there's simply not enough time for him to get the gainz on for the ToP. And thus he would be at a similar level to where he was after the Cell Games. And we know since Freeza said that he became weaker after his time in Hell; Cell could possibly be weaker too. So, at a weaker level than he was in the Cell Games, coupled with his arrogance, and the strength and versatility of the other universes. I foresee a quick ring out for him. At the end of the day he only really has one thing over Freeza: Instant Transmission.

mallaard

Post by mallaard » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:23 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:I think Cell would make a good anti hero or anti villian, he would be definitely more controllable than Frieza in terms of behavior.
I like this idea. I'm not entirely sure how Cell's personality came together, but didn't he show signs of shared memories with the other characters? He at least learned Goku's techniques, so why wouldn't he have things like his love and memory for Chichi, Krillin, etc? He didn't necessarily show signs of this during the Cell games, but maybe it's something that could be brought out of him and further develop his character. Then again Frieza's pride and arrogance are in there too, so who knows what unlocking specific memories might do to him?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am

mallaard wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:I think Cell would make a good anti hero or anti villian, he would be definitely more controllable than Frieza in terms of behavior.
I like this idea. I'm not entirely sure how Cell's personality came together, but didn't he show signs of shared memories with the other characters? He at least learned Goku's techniques, so why wouldn't he have things like his love and memory for Chichi, Krillin, etc? He didn't necessarily show signs of this during the Cell games, but maybe it's something that could be brought out of him and further develop his character. Then again Frieza's pride and arrogance are in there too, so who knows what unlocking specific memories might do to him?
He kind of has a thing for Goku since Goku is a strong martial artist, if Goku keeps Cell in check then maybe it won't be much of a problem.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Cell would be utterly monstrous.

Super Saiyan God
Super Saiyan Blue
Kaioken
Limit Breaker Form
Golden Form
Giant Form
Four Witches Technique

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Unless Cell absorbs more organisms, or collects more data within his bio-structure, then I don't see how he would be stronger than the last time we have seen last time. Unless of he goes the Freeza route, and trains himself to reach new heights.

Even if he does go the Freeza route, he still wouldn't have god ki. He has no data of any GoDs and angels, and he has never absorbed anyone that had god ki before.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:52 am

when Cell gets blown away or suicide-explodes, his cellular programming reconstructs him in the exact same form, with no improvements as far as I can remember.
Maybe he didn't get a boost just from regenerating normally, even if half his body got blasted off... but I figure that's just because the standard for what qualifies as "near-death" is a lot higher for somebody with regeneration like Cell's compared to somebody with no regenerative ability at all.

Cell was clearly stronger when he returned from blowing himself up, though. Heck, he jumped straight from his "semi-perfect" form back to perfect form even though neither Android would be part of him at that point (#18 spit up before and #17 dead after the explosion), and rather than being just like the original Perfect Cell, he had a new form that added Super Saiyan 2-esque lightning and enough power that he could actually cause a significant amount of harm to SSj2 Gohan now (at least with a surprise attack.)

"Super Perfect Cell" seems to me to be pretty clear evidence that Cell has the potential to get stronger if he wanted to. Maybe if he'd survived his battle with Gohan somehow he would've figured out that he wasn't really "perfect" as-is after all and would have to train to get stronger.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 am

Pantalones wrote:Cell was clearly stronger when he returned from blowing himself up, though. Heck, he jumped straight from his "semi-perfect" form back to perfect form even though neither Android would be part of him at that point (#18 spit up before and #17 dead after the explosion), and rather than being just like the original Perfect Cell, he had a new form that added Super Saiyan 2-esque lightning and enough power that he could actually cause a significant amount of harm to SSj2 Gohan now (at least with a surprise attack.)
Given the context and the explanation provided, it's also clear that the "new form" was actually his Super Saiyan 2. So as you said, if Cell was capable of such feat, it's no wonder he could grow even stronger if he had continued to live. What a seven-year training with Gohan and Piccolo would possibly do to him? (and to Gohan, for what's worth).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~