So SSJ3 can be gained

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

So SSJ3 can be gained

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:40 am

some people thought you only can gain it in the after life or in form of a magical fusion to explain Vegeta's failure to ever gain the form.

Now Caulifla shows some talent and Goku can see her gaining it mid fight.

LOL Vegeta... but now you have Blue to compensate your failure.

You can be glad GT is non canon

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Re: So SSJ3 can be gained

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 am

I think that it’s always been achievable, for her and Vegeta. But it’s so draining on energy that it’s so much easier to do in otherworld. If she had done it mid fight then I think it would have been detrimental to her as she wouldn’t be used to it yet and Goku would defeat her easily.

She’s not privy to all this so she would’ve just been eager to to do it and get on a more equal footing. Though if Goku thought about the disadvantage it would give her it might give him pause as he prefers a challenge
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:00 am

It's always been gainable, no where in any official product says otherwise.

In terms of Vegeta, he went from Ssj2 to SsjB so somewhere along the way he would've had to be able to use Ssj3 as well. Him and Goku both surpass what's required for Ssj3 so they can probably use it without their energy being drained.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Kishido wrote:some people thought you only can gain it in the after life or in form of a magical fusion to explain Vegeta's failure to ever gain the form.

where the hell did you get the idea it wasnt attainable?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:42 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kishido wrote:some people thought you only can gain it in the after life or in form of a magical fusion to explain Vegeta's failure to ever gain the form.

He says that in his first line.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 pm

I certainly can be. But it would be best to ask Goku how he did it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Makes it all the more odd how Vegeta didn't achieve it..
Probably something else needs to be done which goku can teach and the kids figured out by themselves..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Vegeta probably realized he'd never need SSJ3 if he could use SSJ2 as effectively as Trunks does.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Super Saiyan 3 I can imagine looks ridiculous in Vegeta’s eyes and I think unless there was a dire situation that called for the transformation (much like his hand being forced with the potara fusion) I don’t think he’d bother.

Of course he doesn’t need it now with super Saiyan blue but still. I think he’d be more intrigued by the “Super Saiyan Anger” that Trunks transformed into..

As for anyone else they could achieve it with training I believe though in the show now I think more blues would be more likely
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:23 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

He says that in his first line.
And yet, where has there been any sources outside of headcanon to support it. Just because some people think it doesnt mean there's anything official to support it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:26 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: And yet, where has there been any sources outside of headcanon to support it. Just because some people think it doesnt mean there's anything official to support it.
Indeed, which is why it's nice to finally put it to rest(okay well not until she actually does achieve it, I suppose, but still).
It was becoming annoying having to deal with people arguing headcanon theories.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Caulifla is so broken; girl needs a nerf in the next patch.

SSJ3 seems doable, but it's such a useless form. Outside of selling merch and fan service I can't think of a logical reason to ever use it again, let alone show someone it can be reached.

Caulifla should ask Champa for training similar to Vegeta and Goku.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Vegeta already proved he doesn't need it and ssj3 is the most useless form ever lol and why go ssj3 when you have a stronger form

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:10 pm

I still don't get why Super's version of the my Bulma scene didn't have Vegeta use ssj3, wasted opportunity. Could of been the first and last time we saw him use it and I would of been satisfied.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Vegeta already proved he doesn't need it and ssj3 is the most useless form ever lol and why go ssj3 when you have a stronger form
Because of style and for the fans? Characters always use stuff they don't need to use.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:13 pm

SSJ3 looks ridiculous on anyone outside of Goku, so I hope Caulifa never goes it.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:31 pm

No doubt in my mind Vegeta could go SSJ3 if he desired. Remember that scene with Trunks where he asks if Vegeta can do it and he just smirks because he has Blue now. That tells me that Vegeta has no need for SSJ3 anymore so he won't be bothered with the transformation.

There's also the whole thing about how Trunks SSJ2 is close to SSJ3 Goku (this might be manga only and I'm getting my wires crossed though). Either way I'm sure Vegeta would be able to but has no use for the form now thanks to it's drawbacks and the level of power of his opponents. SSJ3 while my favourite form has always been flawed unfortunately.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 pm

I don't know, it could have been a throw away line saying she might have been talented enough to achieve it without fusion or being dead because she gained SSJ2 so fast. If she gains SSJ3 then Gohan and everyone else should have had it in their explosive rage, no matter how talented she is. Vegeta and Gohan are fighting geniuses both mentally, tatically, and physically. I think giving her SSJ3 would be the wrong way to go about things or even Blue and would make the main cast look worse then they are are being made out to look thanks to Universe 6's Saiyans.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:Vegeta probably realized he'd never need SSJ3 if he could use SSJ2 as effectively as Trunks does.
It's implied that Vegeta's "My Bulma" rage boost was permanent, so his SSJ2 is already stronger than Goku's SSJ3 and Future Trunks' Full Powered SSJ2.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 am

Zeru14 wrote:It's implied that Vegeta's "My Bulma" rage boost was permanent
Mind to say where it was "implied"?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~