Original Legendary Super Saiyan

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Original Legendary Super Saiyan

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:33 am

Why did the original super saiyan exploded? was it because his ki was overflowing too much and went berserk and couldnt release it properly? similar to broly and kale?
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Original Legendary Super Saiyan

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:40 am

Because he couldn't control the raw power. No, not similarly to Broly or Kale. He literally blew up.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:16 am

BrolyLSSJ wrote:Why did the original super saiyan exploded? was it because his ki was overflowing too much and went berserk and couldnt release it properly? similar to broly and kale?
When Broly transforms his skin literally tears off.
When he is destroyed his skin literally cracks and breaks.

I've said this many types before but the animators are trying to portray Broly as merely a vessel for the LSSJ form. He is a shell of a man literal and solely for carrying around the LSSJ power which is why it can also exist without his physical body.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:55 pm

TheMikado wrote:
BrolyLSSJ wrote:Why did the original super saiyan exploded? was it because his ki was overflowing too much and went berserk and couldnt release it properly? similar to broly and kale?

I've said this many types before but the animators are trying to portray Broly as merely a vessel for the LSSJ form. He is a shell of a man literal and solely for carrying around the LSSJ power which is why it can also exist without his physical body.

Is that actual dragonball fact or your own theory on the lssj form? I find it very interesting either way but if it’s fact I can believe I didn’t know that
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Revolution wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

Is that actual dragonball fact or your own theory on the lssj form? I find it very interesting either way but if it’s fact I can believe I didn’t know that
My own theory, I even made a thread about it. Don't mind the title it was just click bait.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37299&hilit=LSSJ

In either case it seems to be the intent of the artists and writers, particularly in the third movie when Broly is cloned, melted, and reconstructed into a Kai ju

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Because he couldn't control the raw power. No, not similarly to Broly or Kale. He literally blew up.
Vegeta had regarded that the Original Super Saiyan could only maintain his Super Saiyan power in the Great Ape transformation only suggesting his form was being overwhelmed by his ki because just "raw power" isnt logical and a profaned logical explanation......Broly power is like the Original legendary super saiyan as stated every 1,000+ years one will appear and we see Broly had to release this energy......it seems the Original couldn't properly do that and since even the great ape form couldnt even contain it his increasingly growing ki which imploded and anything in its wake got destroyed.......

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:06 pm

BrolyLSSJ wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Because he couldn't control the raw power. No, not similarly to Broly or Kale. He literally blew up.
Vegeta had regarded that the Original Super Saiyan could only maintain his Super Saiyan power in the Great Ape transformation only suggesting his form was being overwhelmed by his ki because just "raw power" isnt logical and a profaned logical explanation......Broly power is like the Original legendary super saiyan as stated every 1,000+ years one will appear and we see Broly had to release this energy......it seems the Original couldn't properly do that and since even the great ape form couldnt even contain it his increasingly growing ki which imploded and anything in its wake got destroyed.......
I don't ever remember him saying only and I'm certainly sure it's not in the original manga.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 pm

BrolyLSSJ wrote: Vegeta had regarded that the Original Super Saiyan could only maintain his Super Saiyan power in the Great Ape transformation
I would like to hear more on this because I've never heard of this before

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Perhaps the persons base Power wasn’t as stronger so gaining a ssj transformation was too much of an increase power to maintain

Or.. maybe the base power was so high that the multiplied power from turning super Saiyan was so great that it was not manageable

Maybe I’m just guessing but could be right
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:37 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
BrolyLSSJ wrote: Vegeta had regarded that the Original Super Saiyan could only maintain his Super Saiyan power in the Great Ape transformation
I would like to hear more on this because I've never heard of this before
Different languages have different interpretations of Vegeta story both English/Japanese is different with for example the Japanese version stating every 3,000 years will a legendary super saiyan appear but in english it is 1,000 years.