GT becoming canon possible avenues

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 pm

While I've argued aganst this befor, going with TheMikados idea... but with a twist.

Jiren wins and wishs that Goku never met Beerus.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 am

Lord Frieza wrote:While I've argued aganst this befor, going with TheMikados idea... but with a twist.

Except if Goku never met Beerus, Sorbet still would have revived Frieza, who still would have trained for four months and come to Earth, and would have annihilatee everyone

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:While I've argued aganst this befor, going with TheMikados idea... but with a twist.

Except if Goku never met Beerus, Sorbet still would have revived Frieza, who still would have trained for four months and come to Earth, and would have annihilatee everyone
Unless Sorbet and his forces are wiped out my a cranky Beerus who's been woken up early and cannot remember why.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:05 pm

You could have the events of GT take place in one of the six universes that Zeno destroyed when he got angry. And when Goku uses the Super Dragon Balls to wish for all the universes that Zeno has destroyed to be restored, and that timeline is brought back.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:You could have the events of GT take place in one of the six universes that Zeno destroyed when he got angry. And when Goku uses the Super Dragon Balls to wish for all the universes that Zeno has destroyed to be restored, and that timeline is brought back.
Universe =/= Timeline though

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 am

Why would anyone in their right mind want GT to be canon??

Had DB Evolution been a bit better, it would have been some debate to determine if GT was worse or DBE...

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am

DSB wrote:Why would anyone in their right mind want GT to be canon??
Because GT has great ideas and SSJ4 is still by far the most unique transformation.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:25 pm

DSB wrote:Why would anyone in their right mind want GT to be canon??
Because it was produced as a sequel to the original anime and is a work that is a part of the greater franchise, and was created and produced out of love for the franchise as confirmed in the 2005 Dragon Box interviews translated last week? :wtf:

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:You could have the events of GT take place in one of the six universes that Zeno destroyed when he got angry. And when Goku uses the Super Dragon Balls to wish for all the universes that Zeno has destroyed to be restored, and that timeline is brought back.
That’s impossible considering there’s only one Gokuh per universe, one Vegeta per universe, and etc. GT cannot happen in any of the other universes. GT can, however, take place in another dimension where the movies take place since Coora appears in GT and other villains from movies. GT cannot become canon in anyway possible since Super is the canon and they’re not going to take away Gokuh’s power just to keep GT relevant. GT was a flop so they’re not going to continue the storyline with it at all. Canonizing GT would be a mistake in itself.

You seem to not understand the correlation between universes, parallel worlds, and timelines. A universe is the collection of stars and planets. A parallel world is two worlds (sekai) that are the same but different events. A timeline is a sequence of events that happened. There are 12 universes in a timeline and the 12 universes have parallel worlds. The present world where the main stuff happens is a parallel world to Trunks’s world and there’re three other parallel worlds. The timeline would be “Gokuh died by heart disease -> Trunks went back in time before Gokuh died” and “Gokuh survived the heart disease -> Gokuh fights Hakaishin Beerus”. Since there isn’t more than one Son Gokuh in a universe, you can’t have GT take place in another universe. It couldn’t take place in another world considering it’s suppose to be taking place after the 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai and Oob becomes Gokuh’s student but that stuff doesn’t happen in another timeline. It could only take place in another dimension with the movies.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 am

That’s impossible considering there’s only one Gokuh per universe, one Vegeta per universe, and etc. GT cannot happen in any of the other universes. GT can, however, take place in another dimension where the movies take place since Coora appears in GT and other villains from movies. GT cannot become canon in anyway possible since Super is the canon and they’re not going to take away Gokuh’s power just to keep GT relevant. GT was a flop so they’re not going to continue the storyline with it at all. Canonizing GT would be a mistake in itself.

You seem to not understand the correlation between universes, parallel worlds, and timelines. A universe is the collection of stars and planets. A parallel world is two worlds (sekai) that are the same but different events. A timeline is a sequence of events that happened. There are 12 universes in a timeline and the 12 universes have parallel worlds. The present world where the main stuff happens is a parallel world to Trunks’s world and there’re three other parallel worlds. The timeline would be “Gokuh died by heart disease -> Trunks went back in time before Gokuh died” and “Gokuh survived the heart disease -> Gokuh fights Hakaishin Beerus”. Since there isn’t more than one Son Gokuh in a universe, you can’t have GT take place in another universe. It couldn’t take place in another world considering it’s suppose to be taking place after the 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai and Oob becomes Gokuh’s student but that stuff doesn’t happen in another timeline. It could only take place in another dimension with the movies.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
Why would they keep it alive through merchandise then if they had no intention to revisit it ? they even had it on a timeline a few days or weeks ago.

I don't expect Toriyama to do.

As long as Toriyama's the main writer he won't but when he's done there's no reason for them not to connect everything together.

They remade the last 2 movies so they could do the same with GT.

Of course, I just want the basic concepts of Ssj4, Baby and the shadow dragons to remain, everything else and how those events happen can be different.

For now.
No one expected LSSJ to be quasi-canonized in Super either, yet here we are with Kale. Either Toriyama did it himself with Toei's suggestion, or he didn't object. At this stage, I'm expecting similar thing to happen with SSJ4 down the line which is by far the only aspect of GT that's actually relevant merchandise-wise.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:10 pm

GT can happen but not the GT we know what can happen is a rewritten GT taking into account the event of Super
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:20 pm

shadowmaria wrote:

Actually the way RoF was extremely suspicious from the beginning. The entire events of RoF occur ONLY while Both Goku and Vegeta are off world training with Whis.

This includes obtaining the Dragonballs and making the wish. Even Frieza's 4 month training took place within the 6 months of them training off world with Whis.
Everyone thought that 4 months made no sense and it should have been 4 years or something.

But it makes sense if you wanted to link everything to Beerus. If they never met Beerus then Goku and Vegeta would have been on Earth when they came looking for the Dragonballs. The simple change to could make is that the only reason Frieza got revived in the first place was because Goku/Vegeta were not around to stop them from making the wish in the first place.

This is very different then previous where things like Cell, the androids, Babidi and Buu would all have happened with or without the previous arcs. The 4 months training taking place only when they were with Whis is way too suspicious.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

TheMikado wrote:Actually the way RoF was extremely suspicious from the beginning. The entire events of RoF occur ONLY while Both Goku and Vegeta are off world training with Whis.

This includes obtaining the Dragonballs and making the wish. Even Frieza's 4 month training took place within the 6 months of them training off world with Whis.
Everyone thought that 4 months made no sense and it should have been 4 years or something.

But it makes sense if you wanted to link everything to Beerus. If they never met Beerus then Goku and Vegeta would have been on Earth when they came looking for the Dragonballs. The simple change to could make is that the only reason Frieza got revived in the first place was because Goku/Vegeta were not around to stop them from making the wish in the first place.

This is very different then previous where things like Cell, the androids, Babidi and Buu would all have happened with or without the previous arcs. The 4 months training taking place only when they were with Whis is way too suspicious.
If Beerus never showed up then they wouldn't have used the dragon balls to ask about SsjG so they'd still be with Bulma and Sorbet would either be stupid and try to take them only to get killed or do the smart thng and leave.

I'm not saying they'll retcon Super but if they did (0.1% chance), that's how you explain Freeza not coming back.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am

sintzu wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Actually the way RoF was extremely suspicious from the beginning. The entire events of RoF occur ONLY while Both Goku and Vegeta are off world training with Whis.

If Beerus never showed up then they wouldn't have used the dragon balls to ask about SsjG so they'd still be with Bulma and Sorbet would either be stupid and try to take them only to get killed or do the smart thng and leave.

I'm not saying they'll retcon Super but if they did (0.1% chance), that's how you explain Freeza not coming back.
So without Goku meeting Beerus, Vegeta will be at Capsule Corp whenever Sorbet tries to steal the Dragon Balls from Bulma and will easily kill him, leaving GT to happen unaltered. This is really smart.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am

nickzambuto wrote:
sintzu wrote:

So without Goku meeting Beerus, Vegeta will be at Capsule Corp whenever Sorbet tries to steal the Dragon Balls from Bulma and will easily kill him, leaving GT to happen unaltered. This is really smart.
Well yeah, the 4 month thing was always super suspect. The fact that literally every storyline can be connected to that moment is the most obvious point. Just look at the Trunk saga. Trunks Future was only in jeopardy because of Zamasu eventually watching SSB on Godtube and getting pissed off. No SSB = no Black. Equals Future Trunks timeline restored. Bulma is back and he lives in peace as near as we can tell.

Undoing that meeting has more net positives to the multiverse and timelines as a whole which once again is narratively suspicious.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:52 pm

I am totally against the idea of the "undoing thing" for another thing to happen it's uncreative for me.

Like I have said above you just have to takes the most popular idea of GT and canonizing them into a plot continuity which takes in consideration Super event.

Plain and simple and why not mix them with Online plot idea. With the creation of school and Majin Buu creating his species.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I am totally against the idea of the "undoing thing" for another thing to happen it's uncreative for me.

Like I have said above you just have to takes the most popular idea of GT and canonizing them into a plot continuity which takes in consideration Super event.

Plain and simple and why not mix them with Online plot idea. With the creation of school and Majin Buu creating his species.
The thread isn’t about whether they should do it or not it’s about how to make GT canon at this point. Whether they should or not is a separate conversation.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 pm

GT cannot be canon. Now with Ultra Instinct and all the new stuff in Super, it's too hard to reconcile.

What they could do is Super could eventually "re-do" GT's plotlines or concepts and do them better this time around.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

precita wrote:GT cannot be canon. Now with Ultra Instinct and all the new stuff in Super, it's too hard to reconcile.

What they could do is Super could eventually "re-do" GT's plotlines or concepts and do them better this time around.
I'd be down for that, but how do you slot in Super Saiyan 4 into this crazy god transformation/ultra instinct chain now? Ultra Instinct seems to be the pinnacle of where these characters can hope to achieve.