GT becoming canon possible avenues

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:28 pm

GT could happen in the timeline represented by that one extra Time Ring. If that was the case there could even be a GT/Super crossover.

User avatar
Berserker1921
Regular
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 am

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Berserker1921 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:28 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:GT could happen in the timeline represented by that one extra Time Ring. If that was the case there could even be a GT/Super crossover.


That would be amazing. Great way to appease both fans. Maybe for a special.

User avatar
Revolution
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm
Location: HTC

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Revolution » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:09 am

Could definitely see Goku going through and meeting himself (albeit much smaller version) and having some great dialogue and with Vegeta about his hair..

Get them have him go back eventually possibly soem aspects merge
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

User avatar
TheDragonBallGuy75
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby TheDragonBallGuy75 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 am

Hell, for all we know one of the twelve (or original 18) universes could be the GT universe.

Also, that sickle slice into another dimension by Blackarrot was never explained in the Zamasu arc. Is there a chance he accessed another realm beyond the twelve universes, where GT could be cannon?

In fact, if the super dragon balls are really limitless then the only thing stopping GT from becoming cannon is the lack of other character's knowledge of it.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into translating Dragonball doujinshi. I answered,
"Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

User avatar
Grimlock
I Live Here
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Sometimes in Conton City, sometimes in Cybertron.

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Grimlock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 am

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:Hell, for all we know one of the twelve (or original 18) universes could be the GT universe.


No, that's not how the Multiverse in Dragon Ball works.

User avatar
TheDragonBallGuy75
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby TheDragonBallGuy75 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:31 am

Grimlock wrote:
TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:Hell, for all we know one of the twelve (or original 18) universes could be the GT universe.


No, that's not how the Multiverse in Dragon Ball works.


I don't see why not. What reason is there to suggest that the same characters can't exist in other universes?
I mean, we haven't seen any proof of that yet, but why automatically rule it out?
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into translating Dragonball doujinshi. I answered,
"Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 2995
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Cetra » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:12 pm

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:Hell, for all we know one of the twelve (or original 18) universes could be the GT universe.


No, that's not how the Multiverse in Dragon Ball works.


I don't see why not. What reason is there to suggest that the same characters can't exist in other universes?
I mean, we haven't seen any proof of that yet, but why automatically rule it out?


The Parallel Worlds in Dragon Ball are not "Timeline Parallel Worlds". Both concepts exist in Dragon Ball. That is what he meant.

User avatar
TheDragonBallGuy75
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby TheDragonBallGuy75 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Cetra wrote:
TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
No, that's not how the Multiverse in Dragon Ball works.


I don't see why not. What reason is there to suggest that the same characters can't exist in other universes?
I mean, we haven't seen any proof of that yet, but why automatically rule it out?


The Parallel Worlds in Dragon Ball are not "Timeline Parallel Worlds". Both concepts exist in Dragon Ball. That is what he meant.


Ah I think I understand. What he meant was that these universes are unique realities unto themselves? Damn, so much for a crossover then :(
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into translating Dragonball doujinshi. I answered,
"Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

User avatar
Grimlock
I Live Here
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Sometimes in Conton City, sometimes in Cybertron.

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Grimlock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:59 pm

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:I don't see why not. What reason is there to suggest that the same characters can't exist in other universes?


You probably don't see because you're ignoring Whis comments about the Multiverse. If the same characters existed in other Universes, many would recognize one another in the Tournament of Power. However, upon seeing Goku, neither Caulifla, Kale nor Cabba suggested that they have seen him before, nor heard his name, for example.

The fact that exists a Yardrat (?) in Universe 2 is, at this moment, an issue actually. But I won't talk much about it because that requires an explanation that the anime hasn't provide it yet and we're all expecting it.

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:I mean, we haven't seen any proof of that yet


Yes we do. In Dragon Ball, by Whis' comments, Universes have "twins" versions, they're opposites of each other, therefore, they don't represent a different dimension, they represent the same aspects seen in each of their own "counterparts". Dragon Ball GT takes place in Universe 7 from another dimension (probably same as movies, as we see Cooler in it).

User avatar
Beek King
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 pm
Location: Poland

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Beek King » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:13 pm

GT is an alternate timeline on a meta level, it can't be a separate dimension or timeline in-universe at this point. Like in GT there's only one universe, no Gods of Destruction, different approach to power scaling, no Zen'O and so on. You could say it's all offscreen but I can't see it fitting together with GT's ways of things.
I'm on a tangent here but I actually like GT's expansion of the universe much better, there's only one but everything feels larger, like the fact that there's all the space to explore in the first arc. The new material is like every time it tries to expand the universe it ends up contracting the whole thing, like YEAAAAAH 12 UNIVERSEEEES but then each of them is treated like no big deal and we get crap like U7 having only 28 planets (which still doesn't fly for me, clashing with so much established canon despite all the fan justifications), or the fact that they forgot that there were once four Kaioshins in U7 and thus there should be more than one in others (then again if the other universes are as tiny in scale relatively then you probably wouldn't need four gods to watch over each one anymore).
Do whatever you like, ghost.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13413
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:37 pm

TheMikado wrote:
GigaDrill wrote:
TheMikado wrote:I've posted this theory since the Champa arc. Now that we know for certain there are methods of time manipulation which do not cause alternatives time lines we know that time can be rewinded without consequences. Due to the stakes involved of the Universal Survival Arc, I believe the events of Super will be retconned by the winner of the tournament using the Super Dragonballs and wishing that Goku never met Beerus this setting off the chain of events for the majority of Super. Things like RoF could easily be explained away and GT becomes possible again while they could reboot into a new series how ever they want. Probably into a Time Patrol and type series.

It seems really far-fetched to have Gokuu wish away a specific event and scramble the entire timeline if he could just as easily wish for something like the revival of all the destroyed universes. Wishing away the Beerus meeting would also still keep every universe that Zeno wants gone in danger, including U7.


You're assuming Goku wins and makes that wish to begin with. I could easily see Piccolo, Gohan, or Vegeta make that wish, or any of the Pride Troops. Also we know from both DB online and Trunks future timeline that the universes are kept around for a while. Your argument makes even less sense when wishing them back could tick Zeno off and he just destroys them and everything else all over again.


I can't see them doing the wish to have Goku not meeting Beerus seeing how Beerus and Whis are too popular to get rid of. It would be a total waste of time if they did a reset type of ending. If they want GT to be relevant thing again, they could do some type of crossover with the two in another arc by using the time rings.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:32 am

At this stage it aint happening, there are ways to do it but they never will.

Super has already proven its not going to assimilate old none manga/anime content without some radical changes to make it fit the narrative. We had this with Kale and Broly. Super did not "make Broly cannon" as some put it, it took Broly's form and concept and made it fit Super. If they are will to go that out of their way to get the LSS form into Super, rather then take the easy root of "make Broly cannon", then they are not going to retroactively undo all of Super with a cheap wish on the Super Dragon Balls just so GT can exist. And why would they, regardless of of you feel about Super or GT, GT was the failure.

The best anyone who is desperate for GT to be "cannon", and lets face if you can have it as your cannon right now none's stopping you, is that Super might throw you a bone and assimilate some of its content. But it will not be GT.
The Strongest Warrior in Universe 11

"Get Lost"

Meshack
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Meshack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Dragon Ball GT is confirmed in an alternate dimension within the 7th Universe.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17229
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Meshack wrote:Dragon Ball GT is confirmed in an alternate dimension within the 7th Universe.

Where, when and who confirmed this?

Meshack
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Meshack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Meshack wrote:Dragon Ball GT is confirmed in an alternate dimension within the 7th Universe.

Where, when and who confirmed this?

Chozenshu 4, I believe.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17229
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Meshack wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Meshack wrote:Dragon Ball GT is confirmed in an alternate dimension within the 7th Universe.

Where, when and who confirmed this?

Chozenshu 4, I believe.

Really? Do you have a scanned image or a tidbit from Chozenshu 4 stating this?

Meshack
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Meshack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:09 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:GT could happen in the timeline represented by that one extra Time Ring. If that was the case there could even be a GT/Super crossover.

GT can't be one of the other timelines. There're so many factors: Roh-Kaiohshin wasn't released in any other time (except Trunks's world but died immediately), Shin and Kibito did not know about the Potara, Goku died by the heart virus, Goku did not wish for Boo to be reincarnated, Gohan died, Goku and friends are dead, etc.

Meshack
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Meshack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Where, when and who confirmed this?

Chozenshu 4, I believe.

Really? Do you have a scanned image or a tidbit from Chozenshu 4 stating this?

I don't have a source really. I've been told that by /u/vlorsutes on the subreddit

User avatar
Berserker1921
Regular
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 am

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby Berserker1921 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Meshack wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:GT could happen in the timeline represented by that one extra Time Ring. If that was the case there could even be a GT/Super crossover.

GT can't be one of the other timelines. There're so many factors: Roh-Kaiohshin wasn't released in any other time (except Trunks's world but died immediately), Shin and Kibito did not know about the Potara, Goku died by the heart virus, Goku did not wish for Boo to be reincarnated, Gohan died, Goku and friends are dead, etc.


GT isn't an alternate timeline. It's a what if scenario. So basically many things have to happen before it can become a reality. As I see it GT is if Beerus never woke up and Frieza's loyal allies were wiped out against the galactic patrol.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: GT becoming canon possible avenues

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Meshack wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:GT could happen in the timeline represented by that one extra Time Ring. If that was the case there could even be a GT/Super crossover.

GT can't be one of the other timelines. There're so many factors: Roh-Kaiohshin wasn't released in any other time (except Trunks's world but died immediately), Shin and Kibito did not know about the Potara, Goku died by the heart virus, Goku did not wish for Boo to be reincarnated, Gohan died, Goku and friends are dead, etc.


GT isn't an alternate timeline. It's a what if scenario. So basically many things have to happen before it can become a reality. As I see it GT is if Beerus never woke up and Frieza's loyal allies were wiped out against the galactic patrol.

Or Buu didn't eat all the pudding so Beerus left and went back to sleep, and Goku killed Frieza's men when they came to Earth looking for the Dragon Balls. The biggest hurdle is the way Hell is depicted but we've only seen that one part where Frieza is. Realistically I don't think they'll do more than have some wink-and-nudge references to GT in the Super continuity.


Return to “In-Universe Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Simere and 21 guests