How effective is Piccolo’s training

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

How effective is Piccolo’s training

Post by Revolution » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:49 am

In the Cell Games and possibly elsewhere (don’t remember however) he splits himself and trains against the split version of himself.

Do both Piccolo’s gain power, etc and benefit from the training? If so is it only half as much as if he’s not split himself or does he gain doubly and when the split versions all go back to being one person he gets an even greater boost?

to be honest i feel he probably prefers training alone however I think he would gain more by training with someome stronger like Goku for example so he can push himself to greater heights.

But, I could be wrong and his method is most beneficial?
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How effective is Piccolo’s training

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:06 am

He stopped using it after a while, onscreen at Least..
This usually happens when a method to gain strength becomes obsolete, so it's probably not a good way of training or a small increase is happening..
Piccolo probably only used it to beat people with the same amount of strength as he has or something along those lines..
He could also make the clone stronger and practice beating opponents stronger than him
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Canonically, Piccolo has never exhibited knowledge of the Multi-Form technique. Most of his in-manga training has been comprised of solitary sparring and meditation out in the wilderness. Before you go questioning its efficiency, by Super's standards it must still be very effective if gym equipment and secretive underground training chambers are enough to accelerate the humans up to near-Base Saiyan levels. Does it make sense? No. Although, you could make an argument for the wilderness training still being very useful in the original manga as Piccolo used it to reach an equatable level where he felt comfortable enough to challenge Vegeta to combat between the Namek and Trunks arcs.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Lionel wrote:Canonically, Piccolo has never exhibited knowledge of the Multi-Form technique. Most of his in-manga training has been comprised of solitary sparring and meditation out in the wilderness. Before you go questioning its efficiency, by Super's standards it must still be very effective if gym equipment and secretive underground training chambers are enough to accelerate the humans up to near-Base Saiyan levels. Does it make sense? No. Although, you could make an argument for the wilderness training still being very useful in the original manga as Piccolo used it to reach an equatable level where he felt comfortable enough to challenge Vegeta to combat between the Namek and Trunks arcs.
I wish I've seen that happen.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:07 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Lionel wrote:Canonically, Piccolo has never exhibited knowledge of the Multi-Form technique. Most of his in-manga training has been comprised of solitary sparring and meditation out in the wilderness. Before you go questioning its efficiency, by Super's standards it must still be very effective if gym equipment and secretive underground training chambers are enough to accelerate the humans up to near-Base Saiyan levels. Does it make sense? No. Although, you could make an argument for the wilderness training still being very useful in the original manga as Piccolo used it to reach an equatable level where he felt comfortable enough to challenge Vegeta to combat between the Namek and Trunks arcs.
I wish I've seen that happen.
Yeah I wish it had happened just the back and forth between them would’ve been enough.

The use of his different training is interesting though. I think there’s a lot more to be seen from the Namekians actually they’re quite an intelligent and mystical people. his splitting into two or more people with them being stronger so he can get stronger is pretty ingenious, if let’s say it’s canon for arguments sake.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:07 pm

You know, after RoF established that Freeza made such enormous gains because he had such naturally high potential without having done any training to unlock it, I felt that it made no sense that Piccolo didn't get any good gains.

According to the Grand Elder Namek a.k.a. Guru in the dub (as far as I recall, I could be wrong), the son of Katas had power rivaling a Super Saiyan and would've easily defeated Freeza. Piccolo fuses with Nail and becomes incomprehensibly strong, then fuses with Kami to recreate the original Namek of legend and then some. I'm glad that Piccolo has reached such plateaus as to rival the base Saiyans in the current Universal Survival Arc (going under the assumption that the likes of Gohan, Vegeta, and Goku are indeed super strong in base), but I feel like he has much more, especially in light of Freeza's apparently high potential power.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:49 am

I completely agree I think there’s definitely an untapped area there. Maybe piccolo could travel to New Namek with Goku’s help.

Could be old training methods to be learned or some such thing for him to learn and ascend to heights similar to the saiyans