Is Frieza more durable because he is dead?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Is Frieza more durable because he is dead?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:12 am

I have been watching that scene in DBS where Goku and Frieza knock each other out in episode 95. It bothers me that Frieza knocked the blue out of Goku. However goku couldn't knock Frieza out of his golden form. Is this because his body being dead, he can withstand more damage?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is Frieza more durable because he is dead?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 am

I figure he's just stronger. In the RoF arc he was already stronger than SSJB Goku before his stamina ran out.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:53 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I figure he's just stronger. In the RoF arc he was already stronger than SSJB Goku before his stamina ran out.
But does the dead body help?

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 pm

But does the dead body help?
I think it would. If you look at Goku when he was dead and had 24 hours to visit earth I believe he could transform to Super Saiyan 3 rather easily and was less strain on his body.

I think he could still get hurt like normal but I think energy, stamina thinks like that we’re more durable and easier to manage
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:43 pm

This is true, Goku dose not display the same level of fatigue while using SS3 in his Ghost Body that he would later suffer while battling Kid Buu.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:This is true, Goku dose not display the same level of fatigue while using SS3 in his Ghost Body that he would later suffer while battling Kid Buu.
Yup, being dead gives you more endurance to work with..
Especially with high taxing forms, it does however lower the time limit, as freeza has removed the taxing tendencies of golden freeza, all he has remaining is the increased endurance..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:This is true, Goku dose not display the same level of fatigue while using SS3 in his Ghost Body that he would later suffer while battling Kid Buu.
Especially with high taxing forms, it does however lower the time limit, as freeza has removed the taxing tendencies of golden freeza, all he has remaining is the increased endurance..
So....what you're saying is Beerus should have killed his team before they went to the ToP. Why didn't Gohan think of that? That's some poor planning from the captain there.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:31 pm

dario03 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
So....what you're saying is Beerus should have killed his team before they went to the ToP. Why didn't Gohan think of that? That's some poor planning from the captain there.
Alright guys, if you want to live then die?
Eeh, somehow I can't see everyone being too enthusiast about it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
dario03 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Yup, being dead gives you more endurance to work with..
Alright guys, if you want to live then die?
Eeh, somehow I can't see everyone being too enthusiast about it
Its DB. Death doesn't have to matter. Erasure however does....well at least until they make that not matter too.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Well the big draw back is that the Ghost Bodies have a finite amount of power. They only seem to have a days worth of energy and Goku burned through his supply pretty rapidly with SS3.

Haveing the whole team dead sounds good in theory but if they over exert themselves you can suddenly have you fighters just disappearing left and right.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Freeza staying in his Golden Form even while he's knocked out is just something I attribute to from him mastering the Golden Form. Even then the Freeza race transformations are always fundamentally different to that of the Saiyans, so it could just be a case of that.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:22 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Well the big draw back is that the Ghost Bodies have a finite amount of power. They only seem to have a days worth of energy and Goku burned through his supply pretty rapidly with SS3.

Haveing the whole team dead sounds good in theory but if they over exert themselves you can suddenly have you fighters just disappearing left and right.
I think you misunderstood. The day thing was because he was only allowed 24 hours by Baba (the most she can give)

He had a body in the afterlife before and after that.

In terms of maintaining super saiyan 3:

Dead body in the afterlife >/= Dead body in the living world (but your 24 hours drains faster) > Living body
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:19 am

Not more durability. Just more endurance. A dead person can endure more physical punishment and injuries and a living person. Just look at Vegeta's fight with Kid Buu for an example this. He was able to repeatedly endured attacks that would have otherwise have killed him and he been alive

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:39 am

TobyS wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Well the big draw back is that the Ghost Bodies have a finite amount of power. They only seem to have a days worth of energy and Goku burned through his supply pretty rapidly with SS3.

I think you misunderstood. The day thing was because he was only allowed 24 hours by Baba (the most she can give)

He had a body in the afterlife before and after that.

In terms of maintaining super saiyan 3:

Dead body in the afterlife >/= Dead body in the living world (but your 24 hours drains faster) > Living body
I did not miss understand. I just didn't explain it well.

But that dose not change my point, when Goku goes to the word of the living their is a fundamental change in his spirit form that allows him to return to the physical world. This is what I call his Ghost Body.

Why physically identical, Goku is allowed to return to the mortal plain and can interact as he normally would. Its not as simple as "Oh you can go back for a day as a spirit" because if it were why would going SS3 have any effect on his time limit?

So as I see it.

Living Body - The Body the soul inhabits in life.

Afterlife Body - Something of a misnomer really as its just the soul being allowed to keep the appearance of its physical form and personality it had in life.

Ghost Body - The soul is granted a temporary physical body or more acutely, based on they physiological changes and alter limitation, the spirit is altered to allow it to interact with the physical plane. While I'm finding hard to describe, the best way I can describe my theory is that the spirit infused with real world energy/matter. This allows it to function outside of Otherworld but this is only enough to last a single day.

Thats why Goku used up his time, SS3 was burning through his day's worth of real world energy. In theory other abilities that put to much stress on the Ghost Body, like say Tien's Kikoho, would also shorten the time limit.

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:40 pm

By virtue of being dead, Freezer's energy is essentially limitless (like the android's) but his body isn't anymore durable than it was when he was living. Otherwise the fight with Goku and Vegeta in the Buu saga would have gone a lot differently.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:06 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:Not more durability. Just more endurance. A dead person can endure more physical punishment and injuries and a living person.
Really though? Goku as a SSj2 fought on equal terms with SSJ2 Vegeta and he seemed just as damaged and worn out as Vegeta by the end of there fight.

I think it was just SSJ3 that was hard to maintain in Goku's living body at the time.

Freeza is stronger because he trained more in Hell mastering his Golden power, not because he is dead.