The True Saiyan Form.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

The True Saiyan Form.

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:47 pm

SO Kale was able to control the power of her “berserker” Saiyan state in the latest episode.

Is this a form any powerful enough Saiyan can achieve or is it unique only to individuas of Kale’s disposition?

Another thing is now it’s under control is it as powerful as before? It reminds me of Gohans hidden power during his childhood where as the power of his outbursts increased with the increase of his base power over the years..
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Kaboom

Re: The True Saiyan Form.

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:01 pm

I wonder if this sort of form happens partly as a result of emotional suppression. Strong emotions are what trigger the Super Saiyan transformation in the first place (putting aside the B.S. about "back tingles"), so it'd make sense if the form was even more explosively potent and brutal when it's unlocked by a Saiyan who's normally much more docile and timid than most. It could happen either by force like Broli with Paragus' mind control device, or just it being their natural personality like with Kale here.

Kind of an extreme version of the "watch out for the quiet ones" adage.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Kaboom wrote:I wonder if this sort of form happens partly as a result of emotional suppression. Strong emotions are what trigger the Super Saiyan transformation in the first place (putting aside the B.S. about "back tingles"), so it'd make sense if the form was even more explosively potent and brutal when it's unlocked by a Saiyan who's normally much more docile and timid than most. It could happen either by force like Broli with Paragus' mind control device, or just it being their natural personality like with Kale here.

Kind of an extreme version of the "watch out for the quiet ones" adage.
Maybe but wouldn't that make Gohan a prime candidate for this form too instead of going SSJ2?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:22 pm

TheMikado wrote:Maybe but wouldn't that make Gohan a prime candidate for this form too instead of going SSJ2?
I guess Gohan's different since he was better trained to use Super Saiyan properly from the start, unlike Broli or Kale. Plus, as meek and generally nice as he is, he was never outright emotionally repressed like these two.
deviantART
[thread]

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Kaboom wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Maybe but wouldn't that make Gohan a prime candidate for this form too instead of going SSJ2?
I guess Gohan's different since he was better trained to use Super Saiyan properly from the start, unlike Broli or Kale. Plus, as meek and generally nice as he is, he was never outright emotionally repressed like these two.
I am curious as to your thoughts, Kaboom. What would you think we should call Kale's Super Saiyan form? Super Saiyan Berserker Controlled? Super Saiyan Green?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 pm

"Super Saiyan Ripoff" rings a fitting bell for me.

Honestly I care very little for this or just about any other in-universe thing Super's done lately. I just thought the "suppressed emotions exploding" idea was worth tossing into the ring.
deviantART
[thread]

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Kaboom wrote:"Super Saiyan Ripoff" rings a fitting bell for me.

Honestly I care very little for this or just about any other in-universe thing Super's done lately. I just thought the "suppressed emotions exploding" idea was worth tossing into the ring.
Ummmm, okay. Thanks for your candid response, haha. But seriously, just humor me, between SSBerserker Controlled and SSGreen which would you pick?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:12 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Ummmm, okay. Thanks for your candid response, haha. But seriously, just humor me, between SSBerserker Controlled and SSGreen which would you pick?
I guess "Berserk(er)" is better. I'm getting pretty tired of Super's color-based naming schemes for "new" forms, and it should at least be limited to the ones that use god ki.
deviantART
[thread]

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Kaboom wrote: I guess "Berserk(er)" is better. I'm getting pretty tired of Super's color-based naming schemes for "new" forms, and it should at least be limited to the ones that use god ki.
Yeah I gotta agree there. I can see a logic in it when God Ki is in effect. I feel like they’re missing the finer details and technical nuance that made new transformations so signifant and powerful.

The bump up to SSJ2 for example was a great journey with the USSJ forms working as an inbetween or an ‘almost achieved the next level’ stage. And then pow ssj2 came in and it felt earned and unfathomably powerful - significant to all the characters. A bit more special than oh super saiyan blue, green, whatever ... maybe you can transform after just one fight just because you’ve seen it.

The SS Berserker (for arguments sake) has some more alluded depth to it however IF they handle it right. Something that needs to be “studied” say by the U7 Saiyans and really try and be figured out and revered as the next step to pushing the super saiyan transformation to a new plateau.
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:33 pm

I'm gonna quote myself on this topic from another thread.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I'm reviving this old thread because I think I might have some new thoughts to add.

I think SSRage and Kale's SSBerserk might be related to a degree. Allow me to explain a bit, then!

From what little we have, SSBerserk is said to possibly be the Saiyan's true form, one that Kale achieved because of years of internalizing rage and anger and letting it come to a boiling point. Well, after reading a bit, I saw that a similar thing was theorized with regards to SSRage, that it was possibly because Future Trunks experienced so much rage and anger and internalized and repressed it within himself for years on end, even after raging out and turning SS the first time.

There are other similarities between the two forms. For both, the eyes blank out and turn white, the user begins to bulk up, and the user becomes so powerful that they begin to shatter and shake the very ground they walk upon in addition to being able to go toe-to-toe with god-level opponents like SSR Goku Black, SSB Goku, etc.

Hell, SSRage Future Trunks's aura is yellow with blue, two colours that, when mixed together, become green. Not only that, but Future Trunks managed to gain control over his form, slimming his body down as it began to bulk up and regaining his pupils. And with Kale, promotional material has led to speculation that she'll learn to gain control over SSBerserk, possibly doing, guess what? Slimming down and regaining her pupils.

It's possible, then, that SSRage and SSBerserk represent the true full-power potential of a Saiyan, without any usage of the power of SSG. Perhaps SSRage is unique to Future Trunks because he already raged out into a SS beforehand and learned to control that power long ago, whereas SSBerserk is what the form "should be" because Kale transformed into it fresh, without any experience with SS to begin with.
Edit:

I'll revise some of this in light of what happened in episode 101. Perhaps Kale's SSBerserk/Rage is green and particularly buff because Kale went into that form before turning into a regular SS and due her own unique emotional disposition, resulting in her gaining a green-haired SS form.

Maybe with Future Trunks, him turning into a yellow-haired SS before turning SSBerserk/Rage slimmed down the form and preserved the golden hair.

Basically, in my eyes, both are supposed to be the same form, but are different because they were achieved under different circumstances.
Last edited by PerhapsTheOtherOne on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:39 pm

It's a bit useless to speculate since we don't know anything about the lore behind SSJ.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller