Why is Earth so special?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Why is Earth so special?

Post by Kishido » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:58 am

Well not talking about it because of our main characters but because of something different.

We know that Korin and Popo are actually cratues from the Other World sent to earth helping out the Kami... But this brings me to 2 questions.

Why is eart so important that people fromt he Other World are sent? Never have we seen something like this outside Earth... Example is Namek or Planet Vegeta.

The other question is.. Why do the Earth even has a Kami? We know that even before the Nameless Namekian arrived there has been a Kami and Popo?

Again no other planet showed it... Maybe Planet Vegeta had one aka Super Saiyan God but I doubt it.

So why is Earth so special?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Why is Earth so special?

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:09 am

In Universe, we do not spend enough time on any other planet to know any of this for shore.

I would like to point out that in reality only a handful of people on earth even know Kami exists as a corporeal entity. With that in mind Vegeta and many other worlds may have had one but its inhabitants were never aware of them. Namek is a pretty poor example since most of its population has been wiped out.

As for ghosts and otherworldly beings, well they must do. One very good example is Hirudegarn, he's a gigantic phantom/demon made up of the evil of an entire planet. Aliens like Babidi, his father and Hoi all employ magic, a supernatural power. Also most of these mystical elemets are rather low key, we saw them when Goku was wandering across the world and visiting remote places. You are never going to see them on a brief visit to an alien world.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:12 am

As "Lord Frieza" explained, we spend the vast majority of the manga concentrated on events that are occurring on Earth. When we finally arrived at Namek it had become a shadow of its former glory with barely a hundred Namekians still existing. Most other planets are only spoken of in passing. Virtually no insight is offered on the societal layout and mythology of all these different worlds. It's easy to be left with the impression that Earth is overexposed because that's where the protagonists reside. You have so many different characters who are associated with the gods and the afterlife such as Kami, Popo, Karin, Baba, and Akkuman. Despite this, we know they're not the only ones. Remember Dabura? He hails from the Makai which happen to be the opposite number of Kaioshin.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 am

Because it's one of the only 28 inhabited planets :roll:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:57 am

Shin in his infinite apathy allowed 99% of Universe 7's planets to be destroyed by Buu and Earth was lucky to not be one of them.

Only 28 planets surviving makes Earth's close connection to Other World a lot more believable. Of all of them it's likely the least drab.
Last edited by Bulma's Foot Masseur on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:04 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Because it's one of the only 28 inhabited planets :roll:
What's wrong with that?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Bullza wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Because it's one of the only 28 inhabited planets :roll:
What's wrong with that?
It's a ridiculously low number. Especially considering all of the aliens we see.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Bullza wrote:
What's wrong with that?
It's a ridiculously low number. Especially considering all of the aliens we see.
Well that was sort of said in Jaco the Galactic Patrol, Tights ask why there's so few of them (perhaps a few dozen) and Jaco said there aren't many planets with intelligent life.

Spidder

Post by Spidder » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Kishido wrote:Well not talking about it because of our main characters but because of something different.

We know that Korin and Popo are actually cratues from the Other World sent to earth helping out the Kami... But this brings me to 2 questions.

Why is eart so important that people fromt he Other World are sent? Never have we seen something like this outside Earth... Example is Namek or Planet Vegeta.

The other question is.. Why do the Earth even has a Kami? We know that even before the Nameless Namekian arrived there has been a Kami and Popo?

Again no other planet showed it... Maybe Planet Vegeta had one aka Super Saiyan God but I doubt it.

So why is Earth so special?
1. Earthlings have technique to sense ki, which is rare
2. Goku is there, he's what attracts all the crazy cosmic shit
3. Great food, so safe from Beerus

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Lord Frieza nailed it. We don't know enough about any of the other planets to know about their hierarchy.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Adrian Malacoda
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Adrian Malacoda » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Aside from Earth, we've only seen planets Vegeta and Namek, and Vegeta is destroyed before the start so we don't really get a good look at it. On Namek, the Great Elder seems to perform the same role as the God of Earth, so maybe Namek simply does not need a God. As for Vegeta, maybe it did have a God back when it was planet Plant but this God was eliminated by the Saiyans and they never got a replacement God, perhaps because the Saiyans and/or Freeza wouldn't allow it. In fact, I'd imagine that out of the remaining 20-something planets in the universe, a significant number of them were controlled by Freeza, and I'd imagine Freeza wouldn't need or want his planets to be overseen by Gods.

Earth actually seems to be somewhat of a backwater planet, from the perspective of Freeza's army and the Galactic Patrol at least. In Dragon Ball Minus, Bardock programs baby Kakarrot's pod to go to Earth, because "the humans and natural resources there aren't worth much" (possibly suggesting that he'll be safe from Freeza's forces and the Galactic Patrol, since Earth is below their notice). We see what happens to planets that Freeza is interested in (they either get captured or destroyed, possibly both), so it's good for Earth that it's not among them!

Earth is special because it's not special.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 pm

I don't see why Planet Vegeta couldn't have had a Kami-sama. We don't know anything about the religious beliefs of the Saiyajins or the Tsufurujins.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I don't see why Planet Vegeta couldn't have had a Kami-sama. We don't know anything about the religious beliefs of the Saiyajins or the Tsufurujins.
What other planets do we know have a Kami-sama? Do we see more in GT/Super?

My guess is that Kami is probably a way to have a single overseer-type person on a populated planet that the Kaios can communicate with (which is hinted at in that Beerus, who is part of the Kaio structure, gave the go-ahead for planet Vegeta's destruction). In certain cases that may be superseded by the existence of a single authority figure for the entire planet, such as King Vegeta (which begs the question: does King Furry know about Kami-sama of Earth? And if he doesn't, wouldn't it be kinda helpful if he did to keep track of guys like King Piccolo and Cell??). As an alternative case for planet Vegeta, and as a way to explain the King Furry thing, it's possible that it did have a Kami-sama, but the Saiyans got so strong and violent that they were able to kill their Kami-sama, and the Kaio's decided not to bother replacing the post with a new one as planet Vegeta was a lost cause. That may in fact be a justifying reason as to why they authorized the planet's destruction by Frieza!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:11 am

Its stated a couple of times Earth is unique in how vibrant and full of life it is. So I'm assuming vegetation, water. Variety of species. Could possibly be why the food is so much better than any other planet.

Its also on the out skirts of the Galaxy. So away from Freeza's territory. So I can see why it would be an ideal place to have gaurdians.

Also we have to remember Buu was sealed away in Earth. So of course would become a special watched place by the kais.