Can the Great Ape transformation be activated at will with enough training? Does Golden Great Ape have an affinity...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Can the Great Ape transformation be activated at will with enough training? Does Golden Great Ape have an affinity...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:01 pm

1) Can training allow a Saiyan to transform into a Great Ape at will?

2) Does Golden Great Ape have an affinity for fire?

3) Could Super Saiyan 4 be fully-mastered like Super Saiyan?

4) Which variation of Super Saiyan 4 is stronger? The Full Power Super Saiyan 4 used by Goku or the Super Saiyan 4 Full Power used by Broly?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Can the Great Ape transformation be activated at will with enough training? Does Golden Great Ape have an affinity..

Post by Meshack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:20 pm

1) Can training allow a Saiyan to transform into a Great Ape at will?
It's never been stated or shown for Saiyans to be able to train to transform into Ohzaru at will.
Any form can be mastered.
4) Which variation of Super Saiyan 4 is stronger? The Full Power Super Saiyan 4 used by Goku or the Super Saiyan 4 Full Power used by Broly?]
There's no difference. Don't go on the Dragon Ball Wiki

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Can the Great Ape transformation be activated at will with enough training? Does Golden Great Ape have an affinity..

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:28 am

1. I don't think so. Unlike other Saiyan transformations, the Great Ape form seems to be firmly rooted in an Saiyans physiology. It doesn't strike me as something that can be turned on or off at will, no matter how much training you undergo. Super Saiyan 4 is a bit different, since it's a mutated amalgamation of Great Ape and Super Saiyan, the latter of which can be activated at will.

2. Not in the manga. I have no idea why GT portrays Goku as breathing fire when he's a Great Ape, but it's super weird and seems unnecessary, seeing as how Great Apes already had mouth ki blasts.

3. While I kinda doubt that either Super Saiyan 2 or 3 could be mastered to the same extent as Super Saiyan 1, Super Saiyan 4 is sorta it's own thing. I suppose it's possible.

4. Pretty sure they're the same thing.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:59 am

DanielSSJ wrote: 2. Not in the manga. I have no idea why GT portrays Goku as breathing fire when he's a Great Ape, but it's super weird and seems unnecessary, seeing as how Great Apes already had mouth ki blasts.
Most likely it is a Kaijuu thing, as far as I know, part of the inspiration for the Great Ape comes from Kaijuu
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Can training allow a Saiyan to transform into a Great Ape at will?

2) Does Golden Great Ape have an affinity for fire?

4) Which variation of Super Saiyan 4 is stronger? The Full Power Super Saiyan 4 used by Goku or the Super Saiyan 4 Full Power used by Broly?
I think it might've if the form sticked around for a bit longer but as of now nothing has been said about it.

I think it's more of a Ssj ape than anything else. like the above, nothing has been said about it but it seems to be the case.

When everyone gave Goku their power I assumed it was a typed of mastered form so if he trained long enough he could probably get that strong on his own.

Broly's just in the games but based on his first 2 movies, I'd assume Broly would be stronger.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.