Kanzenban translator

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Borros

Kanzenban translator

Post by Borros » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:43 am

Hello everybody, I wanted to ask what is the name of the English translator of the Kanzenban version of Dragon Ball?

Normally, it is possible to see it in the last page of volumes Dragon Ball, but I have only books Dragon Ball on computer and they did not scan the last page of every volumes. Someone can tell me the name of the official translator of Kanzenban version ?

Shiro97

Re: Kanzenban translator

Post by Shiro97 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:56 pm

We never got an official English release of the Kanzeban from VIZ to my knowledge. We got the single GNs(more or less the same as the Tankobans) and VizBigs(which are kinda like the Kanzebans but not including all the color pages or cover designs). The 3-in1's have the same covers as the Kanzebans so I don't know if that's what you mean, but either way in my singles it says the translator for DB was Mari Morimoto and for Z it was Lillian Olsen. I'm not sure if it was changed for any subsequent re releases. Don't know if that's the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps in some way.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Kanzenban translator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:53 am

As noted, the Dragon Ball manga's English-translation license is held by Viz in America. The kanzenban version specifically has not been licensed per se (its artwork is used on Viz's recent 3-in-1s, and they've used its various artwork in promotions and magazines before). Any English translation (and especially scans thereof) of the manga in its entirety are unauthorized.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::