Could Super Saiyan 3 Goku have defeated Kid Buu if the former had his Otherworld Body?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Could Super Saiyan 3 Goku have defeated Kid Buu if the former had his Otherworld Body?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm

If a still-dead Goku had been able to fight against Kid Buu as a Super Saiyan 3, would Super Saiyan 3 Goku have won this time around against the evil Kid Buu?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Could Super Saiyan 3 Goku have defeated Kid Buu if the former had his Otherworld Body?

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:12 pm

When he was alive he could've but he couldn't reach his full power so if he could while dead then possibly. The reason I'm not sure is that we never saw kid Buu fight seriously so for all we know he could've been stronger than Goku's full powerd up Ssj3.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Potara_Vegetto

Re: Could Super Saiyan 3 Goku have defeated Kid Buu if the former had his Otherworld Body?

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:If a still-dead Goku had been able to fight against Kid Buu as a Super Saiyan 3, would Super Saiyan 3 Goku have won this time around against the evil Kid Buu?
Yes, Goku was stronger than Kid Boo.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Yes. He was using all his SSJ3 power but couldn't maintain it, as his power kept falling. He had to gather his Ki and launch a powered up blast on Buu to kill him.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 am

It's not just on a dead body, because he needs to be in the Otherworld, when he wasted his time (the equivalent of energy) on Earth. I don't know if the Kaioshin planet qualifies as the Otherworld, since it is one realm above the latter, but Goku would have to practice with the form.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:03 pm

My overall idea of SSj3 Goku in this arc is that Goku achieved this form rather recently in the afterlife, where stamina isn't an issue (...I think I read this somewhere), so he still couldn't perfectly control it. It was against fat Boo the he realized the extent of SSj3's drain, so that he was only able of using a portion of the power the transformation could provide - and this continues throughout the arc. In other words, Goku wasn't able to perceive the form's weaknesses in the otherworld and, once experiencing them in the world of the living, he struggles to utilize SSj3's power at its full extent and ultimately fails against "kid" Boo when he tries to do that. To finalize, should Goku have fought Boo in the afterlife, I do think we would beat him.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.