Is Ultimate Gohan capable of beating Super Janemba? Would Super Janemba had mutated if Super Gogeta simply had gave...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Is Ultimate Gohan capable of beating Super Janemba? Would Super Janemba had mutated if Super Gogeta simply had gave...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 am

Super Janemba a brutal beatdown?

3) How would have the Majin Buu Saga have turned out if Super Saiyan 3 gave it's user an immunity to being absorbed by any form of Majin Buu?

4) In the case of Future Trunks, would he have been much better off if he had gone in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with both Gohan and Piccolo? As it had seemed when Future Trunks had first went in with Vegeta into the Room of Spirit and Time, Vegeta didn't really teach him anything about fighting.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Re: Is Ultimate Gohan capable of beating Super Janemba? Would Super Janemba had mutated if Super Gogeta simply had gave.

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 am

1. Super Janemba was officially stated to be the strongest villain in the movies, which means he should be stronger than Hirudegarn, whom was apparently able to dispose of Ultimate Gohan quite effortlessly. Ultimate Gohan would have almost certainly been portrayed as completely unable to turn the fight in his favor.

2. Do you mean the fat Janemba turning into Super Janemba if Gogeta had appeared sooner or Super Janemba turning into some hypothetical third form? If the former, yes, it seems counter-intuitive to think otherwise.

3. Impossible to tell if not for the fact that Super Buu would've been unable to absorb Gotenks, undermining his plan to beat Gohan into submision. It seems reasonable to think Buu would either absorb Gohan directly before killing/eating/absorbing the others or that Gohan would proceed to dispatch him either when he arrives on the battlefield, or after Buu's plan fails. If Buu does win and doesn't get a chance to destroy the planet, it's anyone's guess for what happens afterwards. It's worth noticing the events could have, however, unfolded in a similar fashion (i.e. Vegeta squares off against the newly-formed Gohan-Buu, Goku gets Kaioshin's life after he sees Vegeta, they fuse into Vegito, etc.).

4. The Room of Spirit and Time can't presumably hold three people for what are likely prolonged periods of time. I'd also trust Goku's judgement when he says that the Saiyans were pretty much near their limit and that training past a certain limit would have not been worth it.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Is Ultimate Gohan capable of beating Super Janemba? Would Super Janemba had mutated if Super Gogeta simply had gave.

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:39 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:1. Super Janemba was officially stated to be the strongest villain in the movies, which means he should be stronger than Hirudegarn, whom was apparently able to dispose of Ultimate Gohan quite effortlessly. Ultimate Gohan would have almost certainly been portrayed as completely unable to turn the fight in his favor.

2. Do you mean the fat Janemba turning into Super Janemba if Gogeta had appeared sooner or Super Janemba turning into some hypothetical third form? If the former, yes, it seems counter-intuitive to think otherwise.

3. Impossible to tell if not for the fact that Super Buu would've been unable to absorb Gotenks, undermining his plan to beat Gohan into submision. It seems reasonable to think Buu would either absorb Gohan directly before killing/eating/absorbing the others or that Gohan would proceed to dispatch him either when he arrives on the battlefield, or after Buu's plan fails. If Buu does win and doesn't get a chance to destroy the planet, it's anyone's guess for what happens afterwards. It's worth noticing the events could have, however, unfolded in a similar fashion (i.e. Vegeta squares off against the newly-formed Gohan-Buu, Goku gets Kaioshin's life after he sees Vegeta, they fuse into Vegito, etc.).

4. The Room of Spirit and Time can't presumably hold three people for what are likely prolonged periods of time. I'd also trust Goku's judgement when he says that the Saiyans were pretty much near their limit and that training past a certain limit would have not been worth it.
1) If Gohan had not been an idiot and actually kept training with Piccolo following the Cell Games, he would have been able to stand up to Super Janemba as a Super Saiyan 3. But since Gohan decided it was a way better idea to solely focus on his studies, he would have payed dearly for his idiocy upon Super Janemba's Dimension Sword cutting him into many, many pieces.

2) I meant if Super Saiyan Gogeta had simply beat the living daylights out of Super Janemba, with the latter mutating into an even more powerful form as a result.

3) Right when Super Buu would have failed to absorb Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan would have murdered Super Buu before the ancient monster could have gotten to Piccolo. Or if Mystic Gohan was still high off of his newfound power, Super Buu would have gotten murdered by Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks before the former could have even absorbed Mr. Piccolo.

4) The Majin Buu Saga shows up to four people being able to enter the Hyperbolic Time Chamber at once, Gohan, Piccolo, and Future Trunks from the Cell Games Saga wouldn't have any problems in entering and training in the same dimension. While Goku pretty much was implying both he and even his very own son, Gohan, had reached the power ceiling of their Full Power Super Saiyan states, if Gohan and Future Trunks had first entered the Room of Spirit and Time with Piccolo, both the son of Goku and especially the son of Future Vegeta would have achieved Super Saiyan 2, and their shared mentor would have been superior to the likes of the Cell Juniors by a large enough margin to even rival the nearly unstoppable Perfect Cell in a duel to the death. With this scenario leading to Vegeta being the only possible casualty for the Z Fighters.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:50 pm

1. Not following. What makes you think that Gohan would undoubtedly be that much stronger than Goku? We don't really have any way to judge what kind of power-up Gohan would've obtained if he kept training; assuming he and Goku had the exact same training and that Gohan has more potential, it could go anywhere from moderately stronger to massively stronger than his father.

2. Then, as I said, it's obviously impossible to tell. At best "probably not", if you want to think outside the box.

3. Gotenks defuses before Super Buu absorbs him. Even with your condition, the fight would've have gone on in the exact same fashion unless Super Buu knows about his inability to absorb Gotenks and senses Gohan beforehand, in which case he would - most likely - really have no qualms about finishing off the opponent in some way, which could lead to Super Buu killing Gotenks and Piccolo right off the bat (or yes, even vice versa, who knows).
The Majin Buu Saga shows up to four people being able to enter the Hyperbolic Time Chamber at once
4. No. It's pretty easy to deduce that when characters argue that three or more people entering is not suitable, they mean those people can't stay for what's arguably a prolonged period of time. Otherwise it made no sense for anyone to pass on the opportunity before the Cell Game.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Using the manga PLs for this, I don't have Gogeta as much stronger then Gotenks so yeah, I think Gohan would be able to kick Super Janemba's ass since Gohan at his best in the Boo arc is somewhat above SS3 Gotenks.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 pm

I have Super Janemba at around Super Buu's strenght. So I have no problems with Gohan defeating him easily. SSJ Gogeta's power is unknown, other than he's weaker than SSJ Vegito, and stronger than Super Janemba (and Super Buu in my case).

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:49 am

Even anime-wise it's clear that Gohan is quite a bit stronger than Goku in this arc (see the Buutenks fight; Gohan could make him bleed with punches, while he didn't even notice SS3 Goku attacking him... off guard), and Goku could temporarily hold his own against Janemba. So I don't see any reason why Gohan couldn't smash him easily. Heck, even Super Buu could beat him. I don't buy that website stating Janemba > Hildegarn, both because that contradicts the writer of the films saying that every villain Goku fights is stronger than the last one he fought in the movies, and because that website is now defunct and thus can't even be readily cited.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:42 am

Goku put up a reasonably decent fight against Janemba. Ultimate Gohan would have utterly crushed both of them by comparison in terms of power.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 am

Something along these lines:

1. Janemba was the movie equivalent of Super Buu when the last episode that aired was based on Gotenks.
2. Gohan would become stronger than this showcase of Goku's power when he still hadn't unlocked Ultimate.
3. When he did, Hirudegarn was the following movie villain, and Goku became stronger after Kid Buu's defeat.

In my opinion, Ultimate Gohan from Dragon Ball Z was between Gogeta and Janemba, while the SSJ3 (Goku and Gotenks) surpassed him in Wrath of Dragon. Gotenks may have doubled his power, but Goku had to be four times higher than before, when Gohan remained the same for Vegeta to catch up.