Are Goku and Turles related or not? Would Super Saiyan 4 have allowed Goku or Vegeta to have taken down Super Janemba?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Are Goku and Turles related or not? Would Super Saiyan 4 have allowed Goku or Vegeta to have taken down Super Janemba?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:06 pm

1) Is it confirmed Goku and Turles are not related?

2) In Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn, could the usage of the Super Saiyan 4 transformation have helped Goku and Vegeta to deal with the fiendish Super Janemba?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Are Goku and Turles related or not? Would Super Saiyan 4 have allowed Goku or Vegeta to have taken down Super Janemb

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Goku and Tullece aren't related. I believe information for the 3rd DBZ movie rationalized that many low class Saiyans favor each other in appearance.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Are Goku and Turles related or not? Would Super Saiyan 4 have allowed Goku or Vegeta to have taken down Super Janemb

Post by Mnich » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm

They are not related, but I like to think they are. Have you read Dragon Ball Zero? It's a short fan manga made by Toyble/Toyotaro. I know it's not canon or anything, but it explains why Turles looks so similar to Goku. The reason is cause Bardock cheated on Gine. It's still better explanation than "we look alike because we are both low class saiyans", I mean - what the hell? xd Were they all mass-produced in some kind of factory? It's so damn stupid.

So yeah, you should read that, it's fun.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Mnich wrote:They are not related, but I like to think they are. Have you read Dragon Ball Zero? It's a short fan manga made by Toyble/Toyotaro. I know it's not canon or anything, but it explains why Turles looks so similar to Goku. The reason is cause Bardock cheated on Gine. It's still better explanation than "we look alike because we are both low class saiyans", I mean - what the hell? xd Were they all mass-produced in some kind of factory? It's so damn stupid.

So yeah, you should read that, it's fun.
Hey, that's a neat theory. I haven't seen it. However, having a similar appearance could be rationalized by using animals as examples; for example, most animals of the same species are difficult to distinguish unless you observe them or their behaviour closely. Saiyajins could be similar to that because since they have tails they are closer to animals than humans are.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:31 pm

SSJ4 allowed Goku to be more powerful than an opponent kicking his ass at the level of SSJ3, and then allow him to be equal to that fighter when it multiplied its strength by 10.
Janemba is stated to be somewhere superior to Hirudegarn(who had managed to defeat Ultimate Gohan & SSJ3 Gotenks), putting the guy around Bootenks or Boohan power wise. If Goku could gain SSJ4 which made him 11x stronger bare minimum than SSJ3 then he ought to be strong enough take Super Janemba, especially since M13 SSJ3 Goku had the ability to destroy Hirudegarn which shouldn't be far from M12 Goku.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:39 pm

I think there was a family tree in some book or other showing that Turles was completely unrelated to Bardock's family even though he does look a lot like Goku.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 am

We extensively cover the (lack of) evidence supporting Goku and Tullece's relationship on the "Characters" page of our "Rumor Guide". As noted: the movie itself makes no mention of a relationship: supplemental material very specifically does not include any kind of relationship connection between Tullece and any other Saiyan; one particular foreign dub of the film states they are brothers.

(EDIT: Speaking of which, I just added an actual movie clip from the dub onto that page, and cleaned up the writing a little bit.)

As for strength debates, your question is best probably suited for any of a variety of existing threads.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am

Actually, since we do not know Tullece's actual age, could it be he is close to Bardock's age? Saiyan aging can be tricky.

As SS4 Goku or Vegeta taking down Janemba, I believe they would be able to.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:58 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Actually, since we do not know Tullece's actual age, could it be he is close to Bardock's age? Saiyan aging can be tricky.
That's.. an interesting point. He could be 70 for all we know.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.