What DB Villains could you see Goku Black getting along with?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What DB Villains could you see Goku Black getting along with?

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Omega shenron , his evil energy was going to destroy the universe anyway.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:35 pm

He might get along with Omega shenron. They are not mortal by any sense of the word.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:None. He hates all mortals.
Pretty much this.....however dragon balls are the tools of a god...and Omege'as power could help with the Zero Mortals Plan....

But his power is born of corruption, Black would see it as ugly.
The son of Katas, Guru, Moori, and Dende are ningen.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:None. He hates all mortals.
Pretty much this.....however dragon balls are the tools of a god...and Omege'as power could help with the Zero Mortals Plan....

But his power is born of corruption, Black would see it as ugly.
The son of Katas, Guru, Moori, and Dende are ningen.
Yes and no, and you have to factor in Zamasu's warped logic which insures everything he dose is right even if its in a vialastion of his code.

All the dragon balls are based on the Super ones. While only copies of the original, they are still divine in nature. Plus Dende is nolonger ningen technically. That creates enough of a loop hole that Zamasu can BS himself into thinking its fine.

Since the Shadow Dragons are the products of ningen abusing divine tools, Zamasu would likely see it as fitting and just to use them as a tool to destroy all life.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Does Zamasu dislike all mortals, or all non-Shinjin period? Would Dende be a god to him? I mean, Kami clearly isn't immortal in either the "invincible" or "ageless" sense.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:15 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Does Zamasu dislike all mortals, or all non-Shinjin period? Would Dende be a god to him? I mean, Kami clearly isn't immortal in either the "invincible" or "ageless" sense.
None of the gods are ageless save maybe the angels and Zen-oh. They all have a limited lifespan. Kami's is never stated outright and namekians have a very long lifespan, Kaios live for thousands, Kaioshin for millians and Hakishin while not stated likely live beyond billians since Beerus has been around longer then 15 generastions of Kaioshin.

What seems to be the case with them all is theat they are granted powers mortals do no possess, either at birth with the kais or upon taking office with Kami's and Hakishin. Kami are not granted god ki but do have a number of power and abilities that other creation deities do, such as recreating the moon and seeing everything on earth. The higher gods get god ki and greater levels of creative power while the hakishin are granted the power of Destruction but also are chained to their angel to keep them undercontrol as well as acting as a servent and teacher.

But the real kicker is Zamasu views himself as the one true god. What ever the case may be when the other deities did not agree with his Zero Mortals plan they were nologer worthy of being gods in his eyes and no better then the filthy mortals. Meanwhile despite doing many things that are contradictory to his views, Zamasu is so deluded that he while make vertually any logical jump just to justify it to himself.

So what it boils down is Zamaus hates everyone but Zamasu. The shadow dragons are litaraly one of the few things he might tolarate but he will never like them.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:36 am

Cetra wrote:
Meshack wrote: They're not humans. I told you, the word ninen refers to human beings like you and I, not animals or monsters.
Except ningen just literally means humans but not just that. And its not just humans that Zamasu despises. He despises mortals.
Do you know anything about DB in Japanese? In Dragon Ball, ningen or human refers to those who are not gods like Gokuh, the Babarians, etc. Even after knowing Gokuh was a Saiyan, Zamasu still referred to Gokuh as a human. The term that refers to those from Earth is Earthling Chikyuujin. Two different things. In Dragon Ball, Earthlings are humans but not humans are Earthlings, like Gokuh. Ningen can mean human being, person, man, but not mortal: http://jisho.org/word/人間

The gods themselves are mortal. So does Black hate himself if he hates mortals? Like I said before and I won't say it again, ningen is not a term used just for the Earthlings. It refers to the racial groups of the universe.