Super Saiyan God Better Than Super Saiyan Blue

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eli1919

Super Saiyan God Better Than Super Saiyan Blue

Post by eli1919 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Discussing hoe and why super saiyan god is better than super saiyan blue
https://youtu.be/elX-pkd3QDw

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: Super Saiyan God Better Than Super Saiyan Blue

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:14 am

Well in the manga they claim that ssj God waste less stamina to start up, its faster, and in the anime it has regenerative abilities. Both goku and vegeta learned how to access it in the manga and learned to switch between God and Blue to defeat black and Zamasu (not merged Zamasu)

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 am

Berserker1921 wrote:Well in the manga they claim that ssj God waste less stamina to start up, its faster, and in the anime it has regenerative abilities. Both goku and vegeta learned how to access it in the manga and learned to switch between God and Blue to defeat black and Zamasu (not merged Zamasu)
People keep saying that, is that really true? :think:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:Well in the manga they claim that ssj God waste less stamina to start up, its faster, and in the anime it has regenerative abilities. Both goku and vegeta learned how to access it in the manga and learned to switch between God and Blue to defeat black and Zamasu (not merged Zamasu)
People keep saying that, is that really true? :think:
In the manga, yes this is true. Ssj God has much better stamina control than Blue. Basically toriyama has turned Blue into a ssj3/ super saiyan grade2/3 thing. Stronger and more powerful but lacks speed and stamina control.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:56 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
In the manga, yes this is true. Ssj God has much better stamina control than Blue. Basically toriyama has turned Blue into a ssj3/ super saiyan grade2/3 thing. Stronger and more powerful but lacks speed and stamina control.
I bolded the thing about healing abilities

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:24 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
I bolded the thing about healing abilities

Sorry look for your self. Anime exclusive ability though

https://youtu.be/AEN82LFlxys

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:52 am

Berserker1921 wrote:

How was that injury inflicted again? Was he pierced or just blasted? :think:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:

How was that injury inflicted again? Was he pierced or just blasted? :think:
Beerus stabbed him with his hand. They're was a longer video I found right after I made the post lol. Just type Beerus stabbing goku.

caiojoorge

Post by caiojoorge » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:15 pm

In the battle against Hit, Whis says that the God form waste less stamina and because of that Goku Red is more powerful than Vegeta Blue - in that moment. The technique to surpass Hit's time jump is simpler in manga. SSGod is the best form to acess the full power.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Wait really? I always wondered why Goku doesn't use the SSJG form anymore. It seems like it's more effective than the SSJB form. I think I'm just going to have to read the manga. The anime is too messy sometimes.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

mamoru

Post by mamoru » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:50 am

It's been stated numerous times both in the Anime and the Manga that Super Saiyan God is inferior to Super Saiyan Blue. In the anime, it's stated to be faster and stronger than the normal Super Saiyan Forms, and drains less stamina.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:46 am

Sonofman wrote:
Wait really? I always wondered why Goku doesn't use the SSJG form anymore. It seems like it's more effective than the SSJB form. I think I'm just going to have to read the manga. The anime is too messy sometimes.
The ONLY advantage that SSG has over SSB in both mediums is that it drains less stamina. SSB is superior in EVERY OTHER ASPECT. Power, speed, Ki control, etc. Heck, even its stamina isn't that bad considering that it can be used so frequently, more akin to SS2's drain than SS3's drain.

The only reason SSG was even used in the Tournament of Power at all, in the anime at least, is the fact that this is a long-term combat scenario that requires saving stamina and energy for clutch moments or absolute necessity.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm

I am a bit confused why blue would be better in ki control than red.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:I am a bit confused why blue would be better in ki control than red.
The anime has several scenes dedicated to Ki control taught to Goku and Vegeta by Whis as well as the implication that this lesson is what allowed SSB's creation in the first place.

As well, the form's Ki control is noted as the reason why the form can be used with Kaio-ken when Goku fought Hit and not regular SS.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 am

SSJG came in to close the gap between Goku and Beerus the first time around. It brought Goku to a whole new level at base and SSJ. Then, at the Universe 6 tournament, it was used as a 10 fold replacement of Kaioken x10 from the anime, to cover the SSJB stamina weakness, which goes by a similar amount (10%). In the Tournament of Power, it was proved that SSJG was better than SSJ, when the latter used to contain the former, but it can be explained as the start up (ritual) working over Goku's lower base, when it was unleashed with another increase over his current state. SSJB will always have that stamina weakness, but it can be dealt with by focusing its power inside the body, or using it in short bursts. To give you an idea with numbers:
  1. Base at its minimum (1x) -> God power available (10x) -> SSJ Blue at 10% (50x) -> SSJ Blue at Full Power (500x)
  2. SSJ at its minimum (50x) -> God power available (500x) -> SSJ Blue at 10% (2'500x) -> SSJ Blue at Full Power (25'000x)
So, when a character is lower than another, and they're using SSJB and SSJG, respectively, it's more of a circumstantial thing than it means that one form is always better than another. I'll give you one situation where the characters haven't powered from SSJG and were still enjoying the benefits of SSJB:
Goku powered up in his base state against Freeza in RoF, so that it could be close to SSJ with 50x, for example, and his SSJB was 2'500x, which is 10%. If he transformed into SSJ at its lowest (50x), it wouldn't make a difference, hence why it wasn't used. Otherwise, in case he doubled his power as a SSJ, it would improve SSJB with the stamina issue intact.
This is, off course, my own opinion.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 am

Desassina wrote:SSJG came in to close the gap between Goku and Beerus the first time around. It brought Goku to a whole new level at base and SSJ. Then, at the Universe 6 tournament, it was used as a 10 fold replacement of Kaioken x10 from the anime, to cover the SSJB stamina weakness, which goes by a similar amount (10%). In the Tournament of Power, it was proved that SSJG was better than SSJ, when the latter used to contain the former, but it can be explained as the start up (ritual) working over Goku's lower base, when it was unleashed with another increase over his current state. SSJB will always have that stamina weakness, but it can be dealt with by focusing its power inside the body, or using it in short bursts. To give you an idea with numbers:
  1. Base at its minimum (1x) -> God power available (10x) -> SSJ Blue at 10% (50x) -> SSJ Blue at Full Power (500x)
  2. SSJ at its minimum (50x) -> God power available (500x) -> SSJ Blue at 10% (2'500x) -> SSJ Blue at Full Power (25'000x)
So, when a character is lower than another, and they're using SSJB and SSJG, respectively, it's more of a circumstantial thing than it means that one form is always better than another. I'll give you one situation where the characters haven't powered from SSJG and were still enjoying the benefits of SSJB:
Goku powered up in his base state against Freeza in RoF, so that it could be close to SSJ with 50x, for example, and his SSJB was 2'500x, which is 10%. If he transformed into SSJ at its lowest (50x), it wouldn't make a difference, hence why it wasn't used. Otherwise, in case he doubled his power as a SSJ, it would improve SSJB with the stamina issue intact.
This is, off course, my own opinion.
I'm not following. I HATE seeing numbers being used in a confusing manner, so you're gonna have to run it by me with less confusing use of numbers.

What exactly are you trying to say?

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 am

Forget what I posted. I will do a list in the Battle Power thread instead.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24 am

This ship has sailed, but I kind of wished they'd gone with the idea of Red being better than Blue. You could justify it easily enough, God required five Saiyans and was capable of challenging Beerus, whereas Blue struggled with mortals like Freeza and Hit. The advantage of Blue then could be that it was easier to use and more efficient, but they've gone the opposite direction by making God the easier one. Ah well.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Ok, I can't do a list, but the idea was that SSJ contained a portion of SSJG in Battle of Gods, because the latter is now better than Goku's regular transformation, and that SSJB stacked on top of even SSJ. Think about it: if SSJG makes SSJB stronger by compensating its power drop, then a portion of it being contained in their base and SSJ forms would make it stronger as well, but not to the same extent of SSJG due to it being better than the others.

[spoiler]Base Goku: 1
SSJ Goku: 10
SSJ2 Goku: 20
SSJ3 Goku: 80
SSJG Goku: 100

SSJB (10%) from base: 10
SSJB (100%) from base: 100
SSJB (10%) from SSJ: 100
SSJB (10%) from SSJG: 1'000
SSJB (100%) from SSJG: 10'000[/spoiler]

Now, Goku and Vegeta didn't always transform into SSJB from SSJ, but their base should go up to it.