Would Vegeta get along with Darth Vader?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would Vegeta get along with Darth Vader?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Suppose they crossed paths during the Garlic Junior Saga, how would they react?

precita
Banned

Re: Would Vegeta get along with Darth Vader?

Post by precita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:22 am

Just curious, but why do you make these topics? Dragonball characters meeting other movie/tv show/cartoon/anime characters never makes sense.

Anyway Vegeta would see him as another conqueror like Freeza and try to stop him if he could.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:20 am

Vegeta never gets along with anyone.. Ever..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Vegeta never gets along with anyone.. Ever..
He and Piccolo seem to have a thing going of mutually agreed upon silence. It's quite nice.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Um, maybe? That would seriously screw up the series though because Vader's influence could attract Vegeta back to his life of plundering and planet busting so he'd fully turn against the Dragon Team.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

What would be Vader's motivation and goals in DB's world, can you say?
All depends on that.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Obviously not.
Sith are naturally surly around the vast majority of people & apathetic towards another's emotions, they only interact with a society as a means to gain more power. The fact that Vegeta would possess a large amount of Ki, that is greater in raw power than the abilities of most Sith, would only make Vader jealous AND afraid of such strength and he would feel compelled to strike Vegeta down by any means necessary.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:What would be Vader's motivation and goals in DB's world, can you say?
All depends on that.
Probably get the Dragonballs and use them to wish to destroy the Rebellion... or overthrow the Emperor.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:04 am

Or... Revive Padme! If he got knowledge of the DBs that what he is going for!

Wait. A version of Vader/Anakin that can hold hope still?
They guy is cued to fight Goku and redeem himself and became a Z Senshi! Padawan massacre be damned.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Nah - they have literally NOTHING in common (at least not if we're discussing post-Buu saga Vegita).

Vader is about en-par with Zamasu/Black so far as being an evil ass and murdering people who don't agree with their way of thinking goes. And we all know what Vegeta thought of Black/Zamasu.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:50 pm

SonReggie wrote:Nah - they have literally NOTHING in common (at least not if we're discussing post-Buu saga Vegita).

Vader is about en-par with Zamasu/Black so far as being an evil ass and murdering people who don't agree with their way of thinking goes. And we all know what Vegeta thought of Black/Zamasu.
Vader is less evil than them, as he turned against the Emperor in the end to save his son.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Vader is a tragic villian, as Zamasu is a sociopath/psychopath.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:00 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:Vader is a tragic villian, as Zamasu is a sociopath/psychopath.
Yeah, the two aren't really comparable.

Vader is the way he is due to being born with unimaginable power and destiny with his only teachers being the Three Stooge- I mean, the Jedi. Couple that with trauma and being influenced by the guy who's basically Force Satan (Palpatine is only second to Vitiate from the EU), tapping into a use of the force that is known to have stressful, physical and emotional impact on the people using it.

Zamasu was the result of poor guidance and the fact his Universe isn't really the best argument for mortals being valuable people. As well as a specific set of events that push him off the edge: Being humiliated by Goku, seeing a mortal use the power of a God and killing that Barbarian on pure instinct. Well, in the anime at least. In the manga he was already off the edge, and enjoyed killing the Barbarian.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm

The empire wasnt wasn't really overtly evil, generally only killing the rebels and imposing order on the Galaxy, really the emperor isnt isn't much different than the king guy Jaco works for.

How would they interact? VegetVegeta would see him as an opponent worth fighting most likely but Vader would get wrecked.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:The empire wasnt wasn't really overtly evil, generally only killing the rebels and imposing order on the Galaxy, really the emperor isnt isn't much different than the king guy Jaco works for.

How would they interact? VegetVegeta would see him as an opponent worth fighting most likely but Vader would get wrecked.
Vader isn't really the type of guy who goes around picking fights just for the fun of it though.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:The empire wasnt wasn't really overtly evil, generally only killing the rebels and imposing order on the Galaxy, really the emperor isnt isn't much different than the king guy Jaco works for.

Vader isn't really the type of guy who goes around picking fights just for the fun of it though.
Definitely not, but if Vegeta wants to fight its probably going to happen.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Humanocentrism and alien slavery? Planetblasting your opponents, whole civilian population included?
Are you really comparing a sith Emperor with DB's King of the Galaxy?
Man, either you haven't paying attention to Star Wars story of your memory is lacking. But they're evil as they come. Perhaps you find the "lawful" aspect of evil less, well, evil, than its "chaotic" counterpart?

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm

If Vader wants to destroy earth then

Else he would call him a freak and avoid being around him.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:
Humanocentrism and alien slavery? Planetblasting your opponents, whole civilian population included?
Are you really comparing a sith Emperor with DB's King of the Galaxy?
Man, either you haven't paying attention to Star Wars story of your memory is lacking. But they're evil as they come. Perhaps you find the "lawful" aspect of evil less, well, evil, than its "chaotic" counterpart?
I only count the original movies as my personal canon since they were all that was envisioned at the time.

I've never personally seen the Empire as overtly evil. We never really see them do much of anything to anyone who isnt opposing them.

Granted I'm not saying they were good either, just like basically any government we have on Earth they exploited the people and the people became fed up.

Compare that to Frieza who actively slaughtered entire planets of innocents to conquer through his empire.That's my only point I guess.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Man, if Vegeta became a Sith, that would be cool.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸