Would being born with a power level of 31 have helped Goku? Could anyone lift the Earth in the Frieza Saga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would being born with a power level of 31 have helped Goku? Could anyone lift the Earth in the Frieza Saga?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm

3) Instead of the apparent 50 times multiplier, would giving a 310 times boost to only the Super Saiyan forms of Goku, Gohan, Future Gohan, and Future Trunks, have helped the heroes in the Androids Saga?

4) What would you have done if you had reincarnated as Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, or Majin Buu at the time of their births? Along with either of the very vile villains you have chosen replacing you in the actual world?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would being born with a power level of 31 have helped Goku? Could anyone lift the Earth in the Frieza Saga?

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:44 pm

These are some random ass questions lmao

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Would being born with a power level of 31 have helped Goku? Could anyone lift the Earth in the Frieza Saga?

Post by MainJPW » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm

No one can lift the Earth even in the Boo arc.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) Instead of the apparent 50 times multiplier, would giving a 310 times boost to only the Super Saiyan forms of Goku, Gohan, Future Gohan, and Future Trunks, have helped the heroes in the Androids Saga?

4) What would you have done if you had reincarnated as Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, or Majin Buu at the time of their births? Along with either of the very vile villains you have chosen replacing you in the actual world?
...Wouldn't these questions be more suited for the What If thread? Food for thought.

1. If they had a boost of 310 then Future Trunks would never have gone into the past in the first place. Gohan kills the androids in their second duel. And he himself gets killed off by an enraged Cell, furious that his perfection has been snatched from him. And who then kills off Trunks too.

4) Boo would become a psychopath, and get killed. Freeza would become a successful politician, Cell would be a wrestler, and Vegeta would be his rival. In their places I just do my own thing.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:12 pm

MainJPW wrote:No one can lift the Earth even in the Boo arc.
Lift it in respect to what, is the question. When you lift something on Earth, you're lifting it against the Earth's gravity field. So you can't possibly 'lift" Earth unless it was sitting in another larger gravity field (and no, the sun doesn't count - the Earth orbits the sun which is quite different from resting on it).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Lift it in respect to what, is the question. When you lift something on Earth, you're lifting it against the Earth's gravity field. So you can't possibly 'lift" Earth unless it was sitting in another larger gravity field (and no, the sun doesn't count - the Earth orbits the sun which is quite different from resting on it).
I was assuming he meant Earth's weight.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Lift it in respect to what, is the question. When you lift something on Earth, you're lifting it against the Earth's gravity field. So you can't possibly 'lift" Earth unless it was sitting in another larger gravity field (and no, the sun doesn't count - the Earth orbits the sun which is quite different from resting on it).
Still wouldn't make sense, as if there was an object on Earth with the same mass as Earth, the center of gravity of the two objects would immediately become averaged between them, and they would merge into one object.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Dragon Ball characters are martial artists, there isn't a whole lot of muscle power within them (compared to similar powerhouse characters that is). Goku could certainly destroy a planet with a ki-powered strike, and maybe the more telekinetically talented of the cast could move a planet with their mind, but lifting it with pure muscles is out of the question.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
Still wouldn't make sense, as if there was an object on Earth with the same mass as Earth, the center of gravity of the two objects would immediately become averaged between them, and they would merge into one object.
I wouldn't assume physics in DB mean anything.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
MainJPW wrote: I was assuming he meant Earth's weight.
Well they certainly take liberties but you can't completely throw them out, or else everything becomes meaningless.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Well they certainly take liberties but you can't completely throw them out, or else everything becomes meaningless.
I always look at cartoons as having surface level physics. In other words most of the basic things we would encounter and recognize are portrayed accurately.

Beyond that level though I dont think they are really meant to be accurate. It reminds me of Pinky and the Brain where they build a replica Earth above Earth made of recycled goods and people can actually live on it :lol: Its not really possible.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
I was thinking of something more along the lines of this:

Or this:

These don't really make sense either but it's comic-book fiction.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 am

Vegeta doesn't come close to lifting 1,000 tons in his SSJ form even now and Goku in the Buu saga needs SSJ to lift 40. There's no way that any humanoid character in the series comes anywhere close to lifting a planet and I don't know where the idea even comes from. The limits of their physical strength have consistently been shown in the series.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 am

Yeah, the Superman stuff is nonsensical too. So it's really hard to say if you're arguing whether someone can break the laws of physics in the same way, as there's no way to really analyze what it takes to do it in the first place.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 pm

saunasolmu wrote:Vegeta doesn't come close to lifting 1,000 tons in his SSJ form even now and Goku in the Buu saga needs SSJ to lift 40. There's no way that any humanoid character in the series comes anywhere close to lifting a planet and I don't know where the idea even comes from. The limits of their physical strength have consistently been shown in the series.
But that's just ssj vegeta I don't see how that's his max limit considering him in that form is using less than 1% of his overall power.

How did you come to the conclusion that they can't lift it we've never seen them at max strength try to lift anything and fail.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 am

Saiyan007 wrote:How did you come to the conclusion that they can't lift it we've never seen them at max strength try to lift anything and fail.
When has any Dragon Ball character lifted anything close to the weight of an Earth sized planet?

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 am

MainJPW wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:How did you come to the conclusion that they can't lift it we've never seen them at max strength try to lift anything and fail.
When has any Dragon Ball character lifted anything close to the weight of an Earth sized planet?
When has a DB character ever even attempted to lift something at their full strength?

SSJG Goku had enough power to destroy a universe(that's an insane boost in power),using SSJ Vegeta as an example as if that's his maximum output is faulty logic.

Their max lifting strength is unknown and quite frankly irrelevant, give me the power to destroy the universe over lifting Earth,the first one is astronomically more impressive

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 am

Saiyan007 wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
When has a DB character ever even attempted to lift something at their full strength?

SSJG Goku had enough power to destroy a universe(that's an insane boost in power),using SSJ Vegeta as an example as if that's his maximum output is faulty logic.

Their max lifting strength is unknown and quite frankly irrelevant, give me the power to destroy the universe over lifting Earth,the first one is astronomically more impressive
Yet both don't make any sense according to the laws of physics.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 pm

saunasolmu wrote:Vegeta doesn't come close to lifting 1,000 tons in his SSJ form even now and Goku in the Buu saga needs SSJ to lift 40. There's no way that any humanoid character in the series comes anywhere close to lifting a planet and I don't know where the idea even comes from. The limits of their physical strength have consistently been shown in the series.
Well Vegeta failing to lift 1000 tons was in the DBS manga, in episode 3 of Super we see Goku lifting well over 40 tons and 1000 tons in base. In addition, to it being on King Kai's planet, so whatever the unspecified set of weight he was lifting would have been multiplied times ten.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:00 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Well Vegeta failing to lift 1000 tons was in the DBS manga, in episode 3 of Super we see Goku lifting well over 40 tons and 1000 tons in base. In addition, to it being on King Kai's planet, so whatever the unspecified set of weight he was lifting would have been multiplied times ten.
I'm tired of people saying this. It doesn't work like that - weight is determined by reference to the specific gravity field it's in. Something said to weigh 6 tons on Earth would weigh the same as something said to weigh 6 tons on the moon - their mass would just be different. If you took the 6 ton weight from Earth to the moon you'd have to then call it a 1 ton weight, and vice-versa.