Can Videl use the Kamehameha?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Can Videl use the Kamehameha?

Post by Asura » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Do you think Gohan eventually taught Videl the Kamehameha? Would it even be possible for her to learn in such a small amount of time? I'd like to compare her to Roshi who is an earthling and took 50 years to finally master it, but then again that meant jack shit very quickly when Krillin and Yamcha learned it, and I'm going to assume Videl is about as strong as they were if not stronger when they learned it.

So could she have potentially been taught it? Think we'll ever see her do it in Super? Think we'll ever see her do anything in Super?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Can Videl use the Kamehameha?

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Asura wrote:Do you think Gohan eventually taught Videl the Kamehameha? Would it even be possible for her to learn in such a small amount of time? I'd like to compare her to Roshi who is an earthling and took 50 years to finally master it, but then again that meant jack shit very quickly when Krillin and Yamcha learned it, and I'm going to assume Videl is about as strong as they were if not stronger when they learned it.

So could she have potentially been taught it? Think we'll ever see her do it in Super? Think we'll ever see her do anything in Super?
I don't think so, Gohan wouldn't have any reason to do so nor would Videl to learn it (that I could think of).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Well theoretically there's no reason she wouldn't be able to learn it. Both Krillin and Yamcha learned it very early in Dragonball before they became super powered warriors.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Sure, but it'd take 50 years for her to master! (apparently)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:03 pm

LOL, while it's understandable Goku learned the Kamehameha quickly, the fact that Krillin and Yamcha learned it fast too makes Roshi look like something seriously went wrong.

Both Krillin and Yamcha seemed to surpass Roshi's feats in literally half the time.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Asura wrote:Do you think Gohan eventually taught Videl the Kamehameha? Would it even be possible for her to learn in such a small amount of time? I'd like to compare her to Roshi who is an earthling and took 50 years to finally master it, but then again that meant jack shit very quickly when Krillin and Yamcha learned it, and I'm going to assume Videl is about as strong as they were if not stronger when they learned it.

I don't think so, Gohan wouldn't have any reason to do so nor would Videl to learn it (that I could think of).
Well why not? Wouldn't you want to learn some cool shit like that if you could? She's already pressured him into teaching her something once before.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:50 am

Sometimes I honestly wonder if Gohan forbade Videl from ever fighting again after Spopovich nearly killed her. If I were Gohan I wouldn't be able to bear seeing Videl get beaten up like that again.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:17 am

Maybe Videl realizes that, against the foes she would face, a Kamehameha would be seriously overpowered, while against the foes Gohan faces, it would be laughably ineffective.

It's a shame really because I much prefer Videl the Fighter from early Buu rather than Videl the Mother from later. I kinda have the same thing with Chi-Chi, she's much more interesting in the 23rd Tournament than she ever is in Z.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:29 am

I doubt it, she pretty much retired and just became Gohan's Wife after the Buu saga.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:55 am

She can't really as she was never taught it. But I'm certain she could learn it pretty fast if she was taught it from a competent person (Goku or Gohan), given how quickly she picked up on how to fly and control ki.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:00 am

First of Muten Roshi took 50 years to invent and master the technique. You can't put his work in comparison to what Goku, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Kuririn did. Copying is easy, creating is not.

Now comparing to those who learn it, neither of them was taught. They learned by copying it, Videl would be at an advantage but that wouldn't be enough. This bunch is a group of prodigies, some even are super-prodigies. Videl is not. Even to Kuririn and Yamcha it took a few years.

I give her 20/30 years until she is able to do it.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:40 am

If Yamcha can learn it then every human in DB can do it. But now Videl doesn't fight anymore, so theres no reason for her to learn it.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 am

It's understandable that Roshi would take 50 years to create the move; isn't it that Ki attacks didn't really come into vogue until the DB era? If that's the case then no wonder it took so long. With so many people around her using Ki attacks, I imagine Videl would pick it up pretty quickly...

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:28 am

I assume she doesn't know how to use it but she could learn.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:08 pm

She can use it being a Ki-user, sure enough. Although she doesn't know the actual technique.
In supplemental canon, such as GT, Videl seemingly doesn't know how to use Ki attacks. However because she does have the ability to access a different kind of Ki technique, Bukujutsu, it isn't inconceivable that she could learn offensive techniques. Spopovich was able to learn Ki attacks from Babidi's magic after all, albeit very weak due to being an average human athlete.
I imagine Videl's kamehameha would be powerful enough to blast a person off their feet and/or KO them, still it should be weaker than Kid Goku's kamehameha which caused a small explosion on a car.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Videl does not know the Kamehameha. She barely managed to draw ki out. However, since she's a martial artist, like Gohan said, it would be easier for her.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 am

If she can learn to fly then I'm sure she could learn it, but she's essentially retired to motherhood so I'm going to assume not.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:17 am

theoretically she could have been taught it off screen.

I wondered the same thing about 18. I think it's quite likely that she could know it, since Krillin taught her the kienzen, he likely also taught her other attacks