Strongest DBZ character that DBS Master Roshi could defeat?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: Strongest DBZ character that DBS Master Roshi could defeat?

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:No, by that logic he can not beat Videl, because she is out of reach.
Say it with me:

Ka

Me

Ha

Me

Ha
If she's smart, she just fly away, that's all. I don't think Roshi can move as fast as Videl can when flying. And he should aim kamehameha while moving. And don't forget about obstacles on the way of Roshi. It does not matter how much you are strong, if you cannot hit.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:30 am

He's somewhere between Nappa, and Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Through all of Z, he stayed in the background, didn't train with Kami, and didn't train with King Kai, it's amazing he got as strong as he did by carrying turtle shells and dropping milk off at people's houses behind the scenes.

And it's really sad that the other universe had contestants that were his level and slightly above. Slim pickings holy shit. Personally I think it's sort of stupid that Super is going for this "Technique vs Power" shtick, something that we haven't seen since the fight against Nappa. Where was Piccolo's technique when he was getting slapped around by 3rd form Freeza? or when he was getting a hole blown into him by Cell? For 99.99% of the entire series (Dragonball through Super, and GT, and all the movies) might makes right, but this time, for 0.01% of the time, technique wins in the end? yeah, whatever.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:16 am

FoolsGil wrote:He's somewhere between Nappa, and Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Through all of Z, he stayed in the background, didn't train with Kami, and didn't train with King Kai, it's amazing he got as strong as he did by carrying turtle shells and dropping milk off at people's houses behind the scenes.

And it's really sad that the other universe had contestants that were his level and slightly above. Slim pickings holy shit. Personally I think it's sort of stupid that Super is going for this "Technique vs Power" shtick, something that we haven't seen since the fight against Nappa. Where was Piccolo's technique when he was getting slapped around by 3rd form Freeza? or when he was getting a hole blown into him by Cell? For 99.99% of the entire series (Dragonball through Super, and GT, and all the movies) might makes right, but this time, for 0.01% of the time, technique wins in the end? yeah, whatever.
I totally agree with this. At least in my opinion, it's something contradicting that Super made.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:45 pm

FoolsGil wrote:He's somewhere between Nappa, and Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Through all of Z, he stayed in the background, didn't train with Kami, and didn't train with King Kai, it's amazing he got as strong as he did by carrying turtle shells and dropping milk off at people's houses behind the scenes.

Power>Techniques. This has been proven time and time again.

If Roshi can't see or sense his opponent how can he even beat them? Super makes Roshi look so skilled and on tier with other characters but in reality he isn't. They had Tien fall out before Roshi which is very disrespectful. Tien trains all the time. Krillin 18 and Roshi don't do jack shit and get a pass. They even had Roshi beat a character that gets stronger every second. If Roshi is so skilled why didn't he do anything against Super Buu? Because he couldn't.

Honestly the way Super does things I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta got out before Roshi. I wouldn't be surprised if Roshi could beat final form Frieza (frieze saga)

I totally agree with what you are saying.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:25 pm

At this point we could logically infer that he can beat Vegetto with ease.