So If A Normal Human With Prior Knowledge Of Ki Control Was Injected With SSJB Goku's cells...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

So If A Normal Human With Prior Knowledge Of Ki Control Was Injected With SSJB Goku's cells...

Post by theherodjl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Would that person in theory, be able to absorb the Godly Ki within the genetic material and become massively more powerful? Or would they possibly perish if they weren't prepared to handle such power?
If it is the latter, the how might Cell react if he attempted this process?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So If A Normal Human With Prior Knowledge Of Ki Control Was Injected With SSJB Goku's cells...

Post by KBABZ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Personally I don't thinking that having the cells of a character in a particular form retains the specificities of said form. Then again we don't have any evidence of that given that Dr. Gero got all his samples from before Goku attained Super Saiyan.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: So If A Normal Human With Prior Knowledge Of Ki Control Was Injected With SSJB Goku's cells...

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:43 am

They would die or at least get sick.

Blood transfusions amount humans is dangerous enough. Even with a compatible blood type there is the risk of rejection. Dumping in alien blood, even from a compatible species like saiyans, is a medical nightmare.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 pm

What ever the plot wants to happen. The Android siblings 17 & 18 have been stated to have been modified and enhanced on a cellular/biological level in Super episode 84. Which is why they're strong, though it's still vague how exactly he accomplished that. So I'm sure its would work out if the plot demanded it. Would make an interesting origin story for a future villain they face.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:44 am

Lord Frieza wrote:They would die or at least get sick.

Blood transfusions amount humans is dangerous enough. Even with a compatible blood type there is the risk of rejection. Dumping in alien blood, even from a compatible species like saiyans, is a medical nightmare.

This is true. Genetics is a lot more complicated than 'inject someone with cells'. You can't inject yourself with cells from a fish and grow gills or something.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:

This is true. Genetics is a lot more complicated than 'inject someone with cells'. You can't inject yourself with cells from a fish and grow gills or something.
Yeah, i mean this is artistic biology we're talking about here.
We all know how Jennifer Walters was in need of a blood transfusion that her cousin Bruce Banner donated, and then she went on to be a normal woman and not turn into a larger, green version of herself with a conscious mind about litigation. That would be so unrealistic...
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

Yeah, i mean this is artistic biology we're talking about here.
We all know how Jennifer Walters was in need of a blood transfusion that her cousin Bruce Banner donated, and then she went on to be a normal woman and not turn into a larger, green version of herself with a conscious mind about litigation. That would be so unrealistic...
Sorry but that's an entirely different situation that cannot be compared to the topics senario. Bruce and Jen are both human, related and have compatible blood. As long as Jen dose not reflect the blood, she is related to Bruce and potentially carries the same ability to assimilate gamma radiation.

What the topic describes is taking alien blood and injecting into a normal human. Nothing like that has been done in or shown to be possible to have any benefits in the DB universe.

The only occasion were something like that worked was a massive genetic project that created a new creature from the DNA of 3 alien species. Cell was not just a random mashing of cells and we dont know what process Towa uses on Mira.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 pm

In Dragon Ball, from a genetics standpoint, being Saiyan is as good as being Human, particularly considering characters like Trunks and Gohan not being malformed abominations. She didn't know it at the time, but Chi-Chi was taking a massive risk by having a kid with Goku!* I mean, Krillin can have sex with a robot and the story will handwave it away to make it work!

*Also if you say "Well Goku being an alien wasn't written into the story yet, remember that Gohan's reveal and the reveal of Goku's heritage are done within Chapters of each other, so HA!

The bringing up of the Androids is also a very good point. For a pair of delinquints, they seem VERY well-used to the useage of their abilities. This suggests that either Gero added that as part of their programming, or they got used to it in the incident that caused Gero to realize how rebellious they were. Which would be an interesting side-story, right?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 am

If I was injected with your cells, would I absorb your power?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:48 am

nickzambuto wrote:If I was injected with your cells, would I absorb your power?
Well we're not in Dragon Ball, so no?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:08 am

KBABZ wrote:In Dragon Ball, from a genetics standpoint, being Saiyan is as good as being Human, particularly considering characters like Trunks and Gohan not being malformed abominations. She didn't know it at the time, but Chi-Chi was taking a massive risk by having a kid with Goku!* I mean, Krillin can have sex with a robot and the story will handwave it away to make it work!

*Also if you say "Well Goku being an alien wasn't written into the story yet, remember that Gohan's reveal and the reveal of Goku's heritage are done within Chapters of each other, so HA!

The bringing up of the Androids is also a very good point. For a pair of delinquints, they seem VERY well-used to the useage of their abilities. This suggests that either Gero added that as part of their programming, or they got used to it in the incident that caused Gero to realize how rebellious they were. Which would be an interesting side-story, right?
Ok first and for most I'm takeing into account that Goku was always an alien and one that interbreed with humans, something which is impossible from a logical stand point.

But blood cells are very different from sperm cells. The reason for blood types and patient rejection is....

blood group A – has A antigens on the red blood cells with anti-B antibodies in the plasma

blood group B – has B antigens with anti-A antibodies in the plasma

blood group O – has no antigens, but both anti-A and anti-B antibodies in the plasma

blood group AB – has both A and B antigens, but no antibodies

As you can see blood cells are very complex. Anyone of any blood group can have sex and make a baby but start swapping blood and that's a whole other story. While Saiyan sperm is compatable, they evolved on another planet and will have different antigens and antibodies to any human which greatly magnifies the risk. We even have evidence for different genetic in Super as human medication didn't work on Pan.

Part 2 - this is not the marvel or dc universe. Those comics are full of more inconsistencies and impossiblites then dragon ball for the most part and illogical and dangerous blood transfusions work.

Dragon Ball on their other hand has never show such a situation to work and saying "if the righting says so" is not argument at all. If there is no in story presidencies the we must follow logic.

Also 18 is not a robot. Going by the guide books she and 17 are almost completely organic apart from the bombs inside them. They are what I class as Bio-borgs. Humans upgraded with synthetic and modified organic parts.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 am

For me at least, Dragon Ball is the type of story and world where a lot of those sorts of nuances like blood types and alien biology is handwaved over and isn't important to the story they're trying to tell. I'm sure if Piccolo wanted to have a kid with an Earthling, he'd be able to do it no problem, because that's how that universe works. Almost everyone under the enrollment of Frieza, despite his empire and workforce spanning many different planets across the galaxy, are all cut from the same "humanoid" cloth as earthlings and Saiyans are.

What I'm saying is that, to me, a blood transfusion from Saiyan to earthling (or vice-versa) I would expect to go smoothly, and it being incompatible due to something like alien blood types would come as surprisingly detail-oriented to me. To use another example, in the world of Pokémon the idea of the world being infested with creatures that can cause earthquakes, start wildfires, flood cities, whip up hurricanes and mind-control anybody just doesn't seem to be an issue, and it isn't expected to be.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:25 am

KBABZ wrote:For me at least, Dragon Ball is the type of story and world where a lot of those sorts of nuances like blood types and alien biology is handwaved over and isn't important to the story they're trying to tell. I'm sure if Piccolo wanted to have a kid with an Earthling, he'd be able to do it no problem, because that's how that universe works. Almost everyone under the enrollment of Frieza, despite his empire and workforce spanning many different planets across the galaxy, are all cut from the same "humanoid" cloth as earthlings and Saiyans are.

What I'm saying is that, to me, a blood transfusion from Saiyan to earthling (or vice-versa) I would expect to go smoothly, and it being incompatible due to something like alien blood types would come as surprisingly detail-oriented to me. To use another example, in the world of Pokémon the idea of the world being infested with creatures that can cause earthquakes, start wildfires, flood cities, whip up hurricanes and mind-control anybody just doesn't seem to be an issue, and it isn't expected to be.
I'll be fair and give you that but still there is no in story presidency and it goes both ways. Saiyans can interbreed with humans yet some human medications don't work due to saiyans biology. Until an actual blood transfusion takes place, and let's be real with a magical dragon it never will, there are grounds for either it working normally or haveing serious health implications. What we have no evidence for is random super power blood transfusions.

Edit - however Piccolo could not have a child with an earthling as that aspect of namekian biology is well documented. He has not sperm or compatable genitalia which would ever allow him to breed with a human. His race breed by asexualy spitting out eggs.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 am

Lord Frieza wrote:I'll be fair and give you that but still there is no in story presidency and it goes both ways. Saiyans can interbreed with humans yet some human medications don't work due to saiyans biology. Until an actual blood transfusion takes place, and let's be real with a magical dragon it never will, there are grounds for either it working normally or haveing serious health implications. What we have no evidence for is random super power blood transfusions.
I agree on that a blood transfusion wouldn't give you their powers. Ki is distinct from the cells of the body to me so they wouldn't carry over via a blood transfusion or other method of cell injection.
Lord Frieza wrote:Edit - however Piccolo could not have a child with an earthling as that aspect of namekian biology is well documented. He has not sperm or compatable genitalia which would ever allow him to breed with a human. His race breed by asexualy spitting out eggs.
Oops, forgot about the mono-gendered thing!