How strong is Gotenks after the rosat?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Potara_Vegetto

How strong is Gotenks after the rosat?

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:38 pm

There's any official statement in Daizenshuu or something like that?

Duo
I Live Here

Re: How strong is Gotenks after the rosat?

Post by Duo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Strong enough to turn Super Saiyan 3 and match about even with "Super" Buu. Strong enough that Gohan would still whoop his ass? I...what other answer could you really expect, exactly?

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 am

Duo wrote:Strong enough to turn Super Saiyan 3 and match about even with "Super" Buu. Strong enough that Gohan would still whoop his ass? I...what other answer could you really expect, exactly?
A statement from Daizenshuu or any official guidebook about his strength.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:08 am

Potara_Vegetto wrote:
Duo wrote:Strong enough to turn Super Saiyan 3 and match about even with "Super" Buu. Strong enough that Gohan would still whoop his ass? I...what other answer could you really expect, exactly?
In comparison to who or what?

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:36 am

Duo wrote:
Potara_Vegetto wrote:
In comparison to who or what?
ANY statement from Daizenshuu or any official guidebook about his strenght. Better now?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:38 am

Potara_Vegetto wrote:ANY statement from Daizenshuu or any official guidebook about his strenght. Better now?
Why are you asking the question?

Who are you trying to compare him to, specifically?

There are statements about the power of fusion and Super Saiyan forms that could be relevant to what you're looking for, but this a very vague question on your part.

(AKA no, that's not better)

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:49 am

I feel like mods should heavily suggest a "use search" policy for the topics that return on the same exact topic for the umpteenth time when there's been nothing new to add in years and years.

Welp, the question has literally been answered and thoroughly debated hundreds or thousands of times (and not only on this board); hence, it only takes a very basic Google search to find the information you need. It's not like we never bypassed the step of searching on Google anyway, though, right? The Daizenshuu vaguely states that Gotenks' strength improved drastically and that he is (probably far) above "Vegeta's and the others'" after the ROSAT.

There are two floating translations of Gotenks' bio:
"He was born through Fusion, taught to Goten and Trunks by Gokuu as a last resort, for the purpose of defeating Majin Boo, who boasted absolute strength. After going through numerous failures, the combining was eventually successful. The two of them confined themselves in the Room of Spirit and Time and rushed to carry out their training as Gotenks. As a result, they leveled up to a strength that eclipses even Vegeta's. However, they were taken in by the Boo who had absorbed his good self and powered up."
The other one, from Kanzentai, has the bolded translated as "Gotenks leveled up so much that his strength surpassed Vegeta's and the others'". The two different wordings convey two vastly different meanings, understandably. Not only because one mentions only Vegeta and the other one doesn't; the Kanzentai's translation, taken literally, implies Gotenks was outright weaker than Vegeta at least before the ROSAT (he couldn't "surpass" him otherwise). The other proposed one simply implies that post-ROSAT Gotenks was just more or less "uncomparable" to Vegeta afterwards. In fact, one may go as far as saying the above could be saying that "Goten and Trunks surpassed Vegeta's strength individually" (probably a little exaggerated for many, I guess, but to give an idea). I can only blindly guess one translation intepreted the "group of people" had to be Goten and Trunks, and the other one instead deduced it had to act as term of comparison.

Now, although Kanzentai was obviously more reliable, the other translation has always piqued my interest and I've tried to get the original scans re-translated by anyone here (alas, to no avail), especially since the Gotenks' tidbit is, well, abused in the more heated discussions of the Buu arc by people who want some source that could bypass the manga's storytelling, in which the actions of the characters would overall make, let's just say, very little sense if Super Saiyan Gotenks was weaker -- usually in order to "buff" Goku and create leeway to put him above Gotenks, by claiming that the Daizenshuu is using Vegeta as a measuring stick and not including Goku in "the others". Kind of a convenient, half-literal/half-non literal approach to the entire period, now that I think about it.

To sum it up, in general terms we can say the Daizenshuu conservatively suggests that Gotenks' strength post-ROSAT is... above Vegeta's and maybe the others fighters'. Kind of a bummer because it's nothing you couldn't already deduce, I suppose.
Last edited by LowRyder2005 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 am

Duo wrote:
Potara_Vegetto wrote:ANY statement from Daizenshuu or any official guidebook about his strenght. Better now?
Why are you asking the question?

Who are you trying to compare him to, specifically?

There are statements about the power of fusion and Super Saiyan forms that could be relevant to what you're looking for, but this a very vague question on your part.

(AKA no, that's not better)
Someone already understood what I'm saying, thanks man :clap:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 am

Potara_Vegetto wrote:Someone already understood what I'm saying, thanks man :clap:
I understood exactly what you were asking.

Your whole intention was to abuse the forum instead of just using the search function like a reasonably capable internet-user. Even LowRider pointed that out. Get serious.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 am

Duo wrote:
Potara_Vegetto wrote:Someone already understood what I'm saying, thanks man :clap:
I understood exactly what you were asking.

Your whole intention was to abuse the forum instead of just using the search function like a reasonably capable internet-user. Even LowRider pointed that out. Get serious.
I'm honestly glad the question was answered here so I didn't have to search on my mobile, and after 4 hours of sleep.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:56 am

Well, both Piccolo and Trunks implied Base Gotenks post could manage something against someone who would stomp SSjin Gotenks, so Base Gotenks is >> SSjin Gotenks before Rosat here. SSjin Gotenks is 50x his base, and SSjin 3 is 8x and on pair with Super Buu.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:53 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:I feel like mods should heavily suggest a "use search" policy for the topics that return on the same exact topic for the umpteenth time when there's been nothing new to add in years and years.
The mods actively discourage necro-posting (posting in old topics) so the only alternative is the creation of new topics about the same subjects when somebody wants to discuss them.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 am

rereboy wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:I feel like mods should heavily suggest a "use search" policy for the topics that return on the same exact topic for the umpteenth time when there's been nothing new to add in years and years.
The mods actively discourage necro-posting (posting in old topics) so the only alternative is the creation of new topics about the same subjects when somebody wants to discuss them.
I didn't mean they needed to re-up the topic or necropost. I do suppose the point holds true if one isn't looking for a specifical information and wanted to expressly reopen the discussion with the current users of the forum, though.
Last edited by LowRyder2005 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:06 am

Potara_Vegetto wrote:There's any official statement in Daizenshuu or something like that?
As some people pointed out, this is something particularly easy to find in the internet. What bugs us (the community) is questioning it without providing any reason behind it. Do you mind telling why do you want this information?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:24 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
I didn't mean they needed to re-up the topic or necropost. I do suppose the point holds true if one isn't looking for a specifical information and wanted to expressly reopen the discussion with the current users of the forum, though.
True, but even if the OP wasn't looking for a lot of discussion, other users who respond to the topic might be interested in discussing it, so it ends up always being useful in a non-necropost environment.

mamoru

Post by mamoru » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Stronger than SSJ3 Goku, stronger than Super Buu(Without Absorbtions), weaker than Chou Gohan. As a SSJ, a tad bit stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 pm

It's implied that both Goten and Trunks got significantly stronger after a week of training in the RoST. So by using this logic, I would assume so.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller