I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:27 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Didn't you watch the movie?
https://youtu.be/uo79zWPEYus start watching @8:30
he is even bleeding
That "movie" is just a reworking of an old games cutscenes. In that game Hatchiyack can be beaten in 4 ways depending on what you have done on the journy to the dark planet.

His base form has is vulernable when charging up, his Giant form allows you to attack his core, his Multi forms are intangable but he is weakend to the point Goku can beat him on his own and his Super Form is much stronger and faster then his base form forceing Goku to use a spirit bomb to beat him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTBeqZwQFeU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3raFx6J54c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIdxvVdE8xI

since all these forms were in his original games apperance they are cannon to the character and if Normal Hatchiyack is stronger, the Super Hatchiyack is far stronger.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
he is even bleeding
That "movie" is just a reworking of an old games cutscenes. In that game Hatchiyack can be beaten in 4 ways depending on what you have done on the journy to the dark planet.

His base form has is vulernable when charging up, his Giant form allows you to attack his core, his Multi forms are intangable but he is weakend to the point Goku can beat him on his own and his Super Form is much stronger and faster then his base form forceing Goku to use a spirit bomb to beat him.

since all these forms were in his original games apperance they are cannon to the character and if Normal Hatchiyack is stronger, the Super Hatchiyack is far stronger.
How strong is the original Hatchiyack compared to M8 Broly? does Goku still say that he might be stronger than Broly?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:38 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
he is even bleeding

How strong is the original Hatchiyack compared to M8 Broly?
Since they never fought there's no way to know. Goku is the one who makes the comparisson and states that "This guy might be more powerful then Broly". Exactly by what margen in never stated but even if the difference is small his Super Form likely makes Hatchiyack the strongest Android arc era character.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 pm

BrolyKale wrote: Nah... C-13 got hit by Trunks' kikoha and piccolo could lift him up... he couldn't tank everything like Broly.
That didn't hurt him at all, just like Broly.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:58 pm

So Hatchiyack's Super Form has no weaknesses at all? I see, that's interesting.
That didn't hurt him at all, just like Broly.
Even if it didnt hurt him the way he fell down after a little Kikoha is less impressive and Piccolo can easily lift him up... like... its just less impressive.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 pm

BrolyKale wrote:So Hatchiyack's Super Form has no weaknesses at all? I see, that's interesting.
Well....lol....it dose have one but not in the way you'd think lol. Due to the games design you have the option to take a different approch to the fight if you didn't meet the right requirments during the course of the game that would allow Goku to pull off the spirit bomb so you can switch to fighting his giant or multi forms instead. As a result Hatchiyack will just power down for no reason :lol:. Super Hatchiyack's weakness is game mechanics!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:17 pm

BrolyKale wrote: Even if it didnt hurt him the way he fell down after a little Kikoha is less impressive and Piccolo can easily lift him up... like... its just less impressive.
Here's the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl_lItJWwbk

As you can see in the video, Super 13 didn't fall down after Trunks' attack. He was already kneeling on the ground and pressing Vegeta against one of his knees. Trunks' attack didn't move him, faze him, make him fall or hurt him, it just distracted and angered him.

Furthermore, as you can also see in the video, no other attack besides the final one fazed him or hurt him, and Super 13 shrugged off the attacks pretty much like Broly.

Finally, Piccolo lifting him up has nothing to do with being able to hurt Super 13. Piccolo lifted him because, even though Super 13 is powerful, he surely doesn't weight hundreds of tons and he was distracted when Piccolo tried to lift him. In the same circumstances, Broly would also be lifted.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 pm

^I don't know if Piccolo could lift Broly... Broly just by standing up hurted Piccolo... https://youtu.be/fMmC4QUrAEc @8:33 and Broly could handle all the Z fighters at the same time, I don't think C-13 could do the same without moving, they are just not the same powerhouse.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Base Goku could lift 40 tons in the Buu Arc. Let's be stupid and say that Piccolo is only a tenth as strong as that.

There is no way in hell that Broly weighs 4 tons.

Piccolo could lift Broly.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Nope Broly wouldn't let it happen in the first place. C-13 isn't as impressive as Broly or Hatchiyack (Super form).
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 pm

BrolyKale wrote:^I don't know if Piccolo could lift Broly... Broly just by standing up hurted Piccolo... https://youtu.be/fMmC4QUrAEc @8:33 and Broly could handle all the Z fighters at the same time, I don't think C-13 could do the same without moving, they are just not the same powerhouse.
Like Kamiccolo9 said, there's no way that Broly weighs so much that Piccolo would be unable to lift him. Piccolo would only be unable to lift Broly if Broly used his strength to stop Piccolo from lifting him, but if Broly was distracted by something, Piccolo would have the chance to lift Broly without Broly stopping him. Which is what happened with Super 13.

As for being the same powerhouse... They do the same thing. The good guys punch, and Broly and Super 13 stay the same.
BrolyKale wrote:Nope Broly wouldn't let it happen in the first place. C-13 isn't as impressive as Broly or Hatchiyack (Super form).
He would if he was distracted. Like Super 13 was.
Last edited by rereboy on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Am I the only on who thinks the movies make the period of time between training for the androids to the fight with Buu very bloated in terms of villains? I'm not saying they all occur in the smae timeline but that period has by far the most bad guys showing up.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Am I the only on who thinks the movies make the period of time between training for the androids to the fight with Buu very bloated in terms ov villains? I'm not saying they all occur in the smae timeline but that period has by far the most bad guys showing up.
Possibly because it covers a much greater period of time? The Saiyan and Freeza Arcs cover what, 2, 3 years? The Android and Buu Arcs cover over 20.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:41 pm

rereboy wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:^I don't know if Piccolo could lift Broly... Broly just by standing up hurted Piccolo... https://youtu.be/fMmC4QUrAEc @8:33 and Broly could handle all the Z fighters at the same time, I don't think C-13 could do the same without moving, they are just not the same powerhouse.
Like Kamiccolo9 said, there's no way that Broly weighs so much that Piccolo would be unable to lift him. Piccolo would only be unable to lift Broly if Broly used his strength to stop Piccolo from lifting him, but if Broly was distracted by something, Piccolo would have the chance to lift Broly without Broly stopping him. Which is what happened with Super 13.

As for being the same powerhouse... They do the same thing. The good guys punch, and Broly and Super 13 stay the same.
BrolyKale wrote:Nope Broly wouldn't let it happen in the first place. C-13 isn't as impressive as Broly or Hatchiyack (Super form).
He would if he was distracted. Like Super 13 was.
Bleh... C-13 just couldn't handle all the Z fighters at the same time that's about it. Broly wasn't distracted by anything because he pretty much killed everyone with simple attacks. So it makes C-13 less impressive in every way.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:04 pm

13 was killed by a Genki Dama. Broly was taken out by Goku with the power of everyone there.

So if either of them couldn't handle all the Z Senshi at once....it was Broly.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Heh... nope, what you say doesn't make sense. Broly could handle everyone with ease. Just with one punch Vegeta was K.O. and was unable to fight... and against C-13 base Goku could even resist to one of his most powerful attack. I don't know I don't find C-13 that impressive. And Trunks could still stand on his feet after he got attacked by C-13, same goes for Vegeta, he could resist a little bit and was still able to fight for a short moment. On the other hand Broly just destroyed all the Z fighters and they were all K.O.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 pm

"He could handle everyone with ease..." Until Goku punched him in the gut and he blew up, sure.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:12 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:"He could handle everyone with ease..." Until Goku punched him in the gut and he blew up, sure.
That's Broly's most impressive feat of all! The dude exploded from ki overload and then survived with only a small scorch mark on his chest to show for it. :lol:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:"He could handle everyone with ease..." Until Goku punched him in the gut and he blew up, sure.
And? what are you trying to tell me? every villain dies or get defeated at the end (in the old movies anyway). But the way Broly handled the Z fighters was way more impressive than C-13 and he also survived that punch, unlike C-13. Also, Goku still had enough power to do a Genkidama, vs Broly it wouldn't even be possible since everyone had a hard time standing on their own feet.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:46 am

BrolyKale wrote: Bleh... C-13 just couldn't handle all the Z fighters at the same time that's about it. Broly wasn't distracted by anything because he pretty much killed everyone with simple attacks. So it makes C-13 less impressive in every way.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I just demonstrated why and how Broly would get lifted in the same way. And if Super 13 was attacked by everyone punching him at the same time, he would shrug off the attacks like he did for the individuals ones because they would be punches, not attempts at lifting him.