I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Claiming that nobody in the world of Dragon Ball (before BoG) is stronger than Broli. SSJ3 Goku and any form of Majin Boo's power would totally annihilate him.

Duo
I Live Here

Re: I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Post by Duo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Uhh...yeah? His statements aren't really credible on that level, so that's typically dismissed without a second thought.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Wtf are you talking about? he never said that. He just said that he didn't find any opponent stronger than broli at that time so he made him appear in 3 movies and he even said that Janemba is the strongest.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:34 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Wtf are you talking about? he never said that. He just said that he didn't find any opponent stronger than broli at that time so he made him appear in 3 movies and he even said that Janemba is the strongest.
Wait, when did he say that Janemba was stronger. I'd love to see that interview.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 pm

No wait, who said that Janemba was stronger I think I confused myself... did he really say Broly was the strongest? I don't think he did....

this is what he said about Broly "That is to say, there’s the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites." he doesn't say Broly is the strongest
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:02 pm

BrolyKale wrote:did he really say Broly was the strongest? I don't think he did....
It seems you haven't seen his 2006 interview. Yes, he says that no one is stronger than Broly, including characters from the TV series.

I really don't like calling others "fanboys" but Koyama really is. A terrible fanboy of a bad character to make things worse.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:I really don't like calling others "fanboys" but Koyama really is. A terrible fanboy of a bad character to make things worse.
I wrote out a response almost exactly like this before deciding to hold back a little. I actually really like a lot of the movies, so it's hard to know the main guy who wrote them is in love with a colossal screaming manifestation of power level debates.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:did he really say Broly was the strongest? I don't think he did....
It seems you haven't seen his 2006 interview. Yes, he says that no one is stronger than Broly, including characters from the TV series.

I really don't like calling others "fanboys" but Koyama really is. A terrible fanboy of a bad character to make things worse.
Hmm... I can understand the guy who is madly in love with his own creation and doesn't want anyone to be stronger than his favorite character. But in his recent interview he said that Broly was a pushover compared to Beerus, so he is not a blind fanboy and I totally understand what he feels. And I respect all his works.

EDIT: and maybe he said Broly was the strongest, potential wise? its possible, why not.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:41 pm

I'll play devil's advocate and mention that, in terms of showings, Broly has a lot going for him.

In the first movie, he is unaffected by every single attack by SS1 Gohan, SS1 Vegeta, SS1 Goku, SS1 Trunks, and Piccolo. Despite them all teaming up to fight him giving it their all, they do 0 damage to him. When he finally gets hurt, he gets one shot by everyone channeling their power into one mega hit which causes him to...explode? I don't really understand what happens here, but perhaps it's because Goku punched him where he got stabbed but even then I'm unsure if that's the cause.

In the second movie, the same deal. He pretty much is unaffected by practically everything outside of being blasted into the sun which leads to his demise and would lead to any character in Z's demise.

How strong is Broly? That's the thing, it's hard to really say because he's invincible in his fights until everyone teams up to do a big attack that one shots him. He could very well be the strongest non fusion character in Z, or at least, be on par with the top ranks.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Kokonoe wrote:I'll play devil's advocate and mention that, in terms of showings, Broly has a lot going for him.

In the first movie, he is unaffected by every single attack by SS1 Gohan, SS1 Vegeta, SS1 Goku, SS1 Trunks, and Piccolo. Despite them all teaming up to fight him giving it their all, they do 0 damage to him. When he finally gets hurt, he gets one shot by everyone channeling their power into one mega hit which causes him to...explode? I don't really understand what happens here, but perhaps it's because Goku punched him where he got stabbed but even then I'm unsure if that's the cause.

In the second movie, the same deal. He pretty much is unaffected by practically everything outside of being blasted into the sun which leads to his demise and would lead to any character in Z's demise.

How strong is Broly? That's the thing, it's hard to really say because he's invincible in his fights until everyone teams up to do a big attack that one shots him. He could very well be the strongest non fusion character in Z, or at least, be on par with the top ranks.
That doesn't mean much. Super 13 also was unfazed by everything until the final attack, for example.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 pm

rereboy wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:I'll play devil's advocate and mention that, in terms of showings, Broly has a lot going for him.

That doesn't mean much. Super 13 also was unfazed by everything until the final attack, for example.
Nah... C-13 got hit by Trunks' kikoha and piccolo could lift him up... he couldn't tank everything like Broly.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Those films always felt like ....

Super 13 - Broly proto-type.

Broly - Broly.

Bojack - we can get passed Broly can we? I mean come on guys you even resurted to green ki ball spamming for his move set!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:46 pm

^There's also Hatchiyack... haha
When he finally gets hurt, he gets one shot by everyone channeling their power into one mega hit which causes him to...explode? I don't really understand what happens here, but perhaps it's because Goku punched him where he got stabbed but even then I'm unsure if that's the cause.
Broly got stabbed in his heart when he was a baby and Goku punches him in the abdomen... that theory is completely false. I think Broly's only weakness was his overflowing Ki, and we can see the green liquid at the end, its probably his Ki and it exploded and damaged his body. (maybe? makes more sense)
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:03 pm

BrolyKale wrote:^There's also Hatchiyack... haha
When he finally gets hurt, he gets one shot by everyone channeling their power into one mega hit which causes him to...explode? I don't really understand what happens here, but perhaps it's because Goku punched him where he got stabbed but even then I'm unsure if that's the cause.
Broly got stabbed in his heart when he was a baby and Goku punches him in the abdomen... that theory is completely false. I think Broly's only weakness was his overflowing Ki, and we can see the green liquid at the end, its probably his Ki and it exploded and damaged his body. (maybe? makes more sense)
Funny you should say that as I'm pretty sure Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans actually says Hatchiyack is stronger than Broly.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:09 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:^There's also Hatchiyack... haha
Funny you should say that as I'm pretty sure Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans actually says Hatchiyack is stronger than Broly.

https://youtu.be/kwqXhoskUFY?t=5

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Yeah Goku says Hatchiyack might be stronger than Broly from the first movie. But Hatchiyack also has a big weakness, once the Z fighters learned about it, Hatchiyack was fucked up.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Yeah Goku says Hatchiyack might be stronger than Broly from the first movie. But Hatchiyack also has a big weakness, once the Z fighters learned about it, Hatchiyack was fucked up.
Which weakness is that?

His normal forms time limit weakness, his giant forms vulnerable core, his multi-forms lack of power or his Super Form needing the Spirit bomb to be beaten?

Edit: I'm not making those up their in the game.....

Giant form

Multi-Form

Super Form

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Didn't you watch the movie?
https://youtu.be/uo79zWPEYus start watching @8:30
he is even bleeding, he might be stronger than Broly but he can't tank everything like him and also has a big weakness.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Didn't you watch the movie?
https://youtu.be/uo79zWPEYus start watching @8:30
he is even bleeding, he might be stronger than Broly but he can't tank everything like him and also has a big weakness.
Broly has a pretty crippling weakness too with his overflowing ki. That seemed to be the way Goku beat him: pumped him full of ki and he exploded from the inside.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:26 pm

In the second movie Broly doesn't suffer from his overflowing Ki (even in Bio Broly), so I believe he just needs to get used to it. I don't see a big weakness for Broly tbh...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu