Did The Kaioshin Intend To Make The Saiyans So Powerful?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Did The Kaioshin Intend To Make The Saiyans So Powerful?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:55 am

All life in the universe was created by the Kaioshin at some point and that includes the Saiyans, however was the creation of the Saiyan race and their overwhelming degree of power advantages, a conscious decision?
I get that life evolves too in DB and the Kaioshin are not omnipresent to individual evolution among races, but the Kaioshin do implement blueprints for life and examine it over the course of millennia to see how it changes. It seems unlikely that they would create Saiyans and fail to notice that they are all capable of becoming as powerful as Kaioshin and even Hakaishin, what with all the events that go down such as the Zenkais, Oozaru, the birth of a SSJ every 1000 years, and even the creation of the first SSJ God.
No other race, except the Warrior Nameks, has a comparable level of power or as high a potential as our favorite monkey people. Was that how they were designed? Possibly for the purpose of boasting such an impressive amount of fighters amongst the other universes?
Or were the Kaioshin just wasted or something and forgot they even made the Saiyans?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Did The Kaioshin Intend To Make The Saiyans So Powerful?

Post by LightBing » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:10 am

Do they actually design races?

I think they just create planets that can generate life and let evolution do it's course.

Having creatures stronger than the Kaioshin is incredibly rare, Goku and Vegeta only got that far due to being super prodigies, having access to extreme training methods, some which include a couple of other Gods and surviving intense battles over and over again.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 am

LightBing wrote:Do they actually design races?

I think they just create planets that can generate life and let evolution do it's course.

Having creatures stronger than the Kaioshin is incredibly rare, Goku and Vegeta only got that far due to being super prodigies, having access to extreme training methods, some which include a couple of other Gods and surviving intense battles over and over again.
Not to mention being repeatedly brought back to life. Most people don't get that chance :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Saiyans are actually magical creatures and likely demon realm spawn who mated with mortals.

They have a seemingly infinite number of transformation, power, and naturally are destructive.
Their ultimate transformation gives them magic pants while their God transformation grants them healing powers.
They also have the uncanny ability to seemingly spawn with any mortal creature. See Tarble...

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 pm

TheMikado wrote:Saiyans are actually magical creatures and likely demon realm spawn who mated with mortals.

They have a seemingly infinite number of transformation, power, and naturally are destructive.
Their ultimate transformation gives them magic pants while their God transformation grants them healing powers.
They also have the uncanny ability to seemingly spawn with any mortal creature. See Tarble...
Why not? Seriously?
Are Oozaru magical or is it the evolutionary biology of the Saiyan body adapting to...werewolves? That used to roam Planet Vegeta and reigned with terror, so Saiyans had to ascend past their lupine foes by turning into long-snouted Kaiju apes, complete with atomic breath and tenfold strength? Because that's what required to survive on Planet Vegeta?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:17 pm

As was pointed out by Lightbing, the Saiyans only achieved their status due to extraordinary conditions helping to facilitate their growth. When you deprive them of all the resources made available to them like the favours of deities and hyper advanced gravitational rooms that put the North Kai's planetary gravity to shame, what are they left with? Everyone under Roshi's tutelage indirectly benefited from the guidance of a local deity. Goku himself was granted an audience with both that same deity, as well as the guardian of the entire planet. Without having undergone their regimens, you would likely be witnessing a Goku who is unable to achieve much more than what the natural environment can provide to him (22nd tournament levels maybe).

Vegeta wouldn't be in much better condition as his growth rates were an indirect byproduct of Goku's efforts as well as the restorative devices of the local deity (Senzu Beans). You would be looking at a Vegeta who is forced to give it his all to defeat Cui before getting put down by Dodoria and Zarbon on Namek; the ease in which he overpowers Goku and co prevents him from achieving a zenkai.

So I wouldn't fault Shin or any of his predecessors on account of them not anticipating all the special favours given by other deities. Until the second arc of Super, the two strongest Saiyans arguably couldn't overpower the most inexperienced of Kaioshin without transformations. It's not just the Saiyans either. Piccolo and the humans surpassed deities as well. Although they're nothing on the scale of Hakaishin.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Given the nature of the DB universe, I dont think they go out of their way to create detailed plans for life. They just create habitable planets, put basic life matirals down and let them grow.

It's just that some kaioshin actively influance the growing life in their universe while others prefer a more hands of approch.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm imagining the kaioshin just really likes the Saiyans for some reason and allowed for some to escape when Freeza blew up Vegeta.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 am

I do not think he made the saiyans or Frieza's race. I honestly believe old Kai or at least the other Kais in his generation must have made them. I mean we know that Kais can live to be only 75,000 years old. So East would have been to young to see a race like the saiyans flourish. Also he is terrible at his job like Beerus. Kai just wanted to make sure Buu never woke up or wanted revenge on bibadi and buu for deaths of the four other kaioshin.

And Beerus is a lazy asshole, who only cares about eating, napping, and occasionally fighting someone. Since they were in charge, both the saiyans and Frieza's race became rotten. However back to my original point at hand. I doubt Kaioshin created the saiyans. Because they are successful. Everything kaioshin had done was a failure. I am sure as hell he didn't help them flourish or grow as he should have. Instead he was sulking and being emo on the realm of the Kais. While his universe went to chaos.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:04 pm

First, not only Saiyans can compete Gods. Just see on Jiren and Toppo. Actually, looks like in Super tables are turned. If aside Freeza clan, only Saiyans looked cool in Z. Now, it more looks like Saiyans have no priveleges. They just have their own ways.
Second, home planet of Saiyans is not Planet Vegeta.
Third, Universe 6 have similar set of mortal races.
Fourth, Hakaishins are former mortals. And, seeing on Toppo, there is some power level requirements to be turned to a Hakaishin.