Vegetto vs Gogeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Vegetto vs Gogeta

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:vegeth without any transformation is stronger than ssj 3 Goku in base, while gogeta is tenth of times stronger than vegeta. i said all i could and i hope that i've been useful for you
You weren't. You said Gogeta is "tenth times stronger than Vegeta". I'd like to know the source of this information.
I guess he meant "tens of times"; in which case it should probably be clarified it's at least partly sourced. The GT perfect files state that SS4 Gogeta is "perhaps many tens of times stronger than a regular SS4" (Omega Shenron himself states he is "over ten times stronger than Syn or more").
It depends on how you take that "perhaps", or how you think SS4 relates to SS in the first place. All in all, yeah, there're always some gap to fill and some guesswork to do.

A good question at this point would be: who'd be stronger between a SS3 Goten and base Gotenks? Because base Vegito is technically supposed to be stronger than at least SS3 Goku, if not every SS3 in general.
Granted, Potaras are outright stated to yield greater power than the dance, but would base Gogeta be stronger than SS3 Goku/ Vegeta as well? Everything that tries to clarify the way Metamoran Fusion works talks about "tens of times", while it'd be kind of unnatural not to talk about "hundreds". Unless one wanted to argue the information in Vegito's bio pertains only to the anime, or that in the manga he would've been treated as far inferior to Buu (unlike the Potara Goku + Gohan).
logically if gogeta is tens of times stronger than Goku/vegeta it means he is 20-90 times stronger than vegeta, where 20 times is the bare minimum and 90 times is the max he can be. if gogeta was hundreds of times stronger, it should be written in dbgt perfect files, but there is wrote tens of times, so inly 20-90 times vegeta. i think that vegeta x20 is a perfect way to calculate base gogeta. obviously, ssj 3 gotenks is stronger than base gotenks, even if we want to calculate gotenks at his max power, considering he is, at this point, barely weaker than an hypotetical ssj 2 goten. for example , if goten is 1 for me gotenks is 20 , ssj 3 gotenks is 400. that means that obviously ssj gotenks is far stronger than ssj 3 gotenks, same as Goku ssj 3 and ssj gogeta

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 am

It's actually stated in the Manga that the Potara is stronger, but we don't know about the movie, maybe its different.

Potara [Manga] >> fusion dance [Manga]
that's all we know
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Juub
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Juub » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 am

p-hyvo wrote:logically if gogeta is tens of times stronger than Goku/vegeta it means he is 20-90 times stronger than vegeta, where 20 times is the bare minimum and 90 times is the max he can be. if gogeta was hundreds of times stronger, it should be written in dbgt perfect files, but there is wrote tens of times, so inly 20-90 times vegeta. i think that vegeta x20 is a perfect way to calculate base gogeta. obviously, ssj 3 gotenks is stronger than base gotenks, even if we want to calculate gotenks at his max power, considering he is, at this point, barely weaker than an hypotetical ssj 2 goten. for example , if goten is 1 for me gotenks is 20 , ssj 3 gotenks is 400. that means that obviously ssj gotenks is far stronger than ssj 3 gotenks, same as Goku ssj 3 and ssj gogeta
Can't say I agree with that. Hundreds of times is still tens of times. It's like saying if Gogeta was 24x stronger, they should have specified dozens of times.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am

Juub wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:logically if gogeta is tens of times stronger than Goku/vegeta it means he is 20-90 times stronger than vegeta, where 20 times is the bare minimum and 90 times is the max he can be. if gogeta was hundreds of times stronger, it should be written in dbgt perfect files, but there is wrote tens of times, so inly 20-90 times vegeta. i think that vegeta x20 is a perfect way to calculate base gogeta. obviously, ssj 3 gotenks is stronger than base gotenks, even if we want to calculate gotenks at his max power, considering he is, at this point, barely weaker than an hypotetical ssj 2 goten. for example , if goten is 1 for me gotenks is 20 , ssj 3 gotenks is 400. that means that obviously ssj gotenks is far stronger than ssj 3 gotenks, same as Goku ssj 3 and ssj gogeta
Can't say I agree with that. Hundreds of times is still tens of times. It's like saying if Gogeta was 24x stronger, they should have specified dozens of times.
in the official release of dbgt perfect files, is written that gogeta is tens to dozens times stronger than a normal saiyan, so you can say even dozens and then gogeta at max power is 96 xvegeta- and no, he's not hundreds times stronger, because, if it was, that thing would be written in dbgt perfect files in place of "tens to dozens", that means 20-96 times stronger than vegeta , not more and not less

Juub
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Juub » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 am

p-hyvo wrote:
Juub wrote:
in the official release of dbgt perfect files, is written that gogeta is tens to dozens times stronger than a normal saiyan, so you can say even dozens and then gogeta at max power is 96 xvegeta- and no, he's not hundreds times stronger, because, if it was, that thing would be written in dbgt perfect files in place of "tens to dozens", that means 20-96 times stronger than vegeta , not more and not less
It doesn't work like that. Hundreds is still tens of times. It doesn't exclude it.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Juub wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
Juub wrote:
It doesn't work like that. Hundreds is still tens of times. It doesn't exclude it.
in the italian release of dbgt perfect files, is stated that gogeta is a few tens of times stronger than a base saiyan, so that means its 20-50 times Goku/vegeta, not more.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:34 am

Vegetto's always meant to have been stronger, but you know what Gogeta has going for him? In beating Janemba, he's the only fusion to ever actually succeed in beating a major villain. He just shows up, gets the job done and that's it. I mean, I guess Gotenks also beat Hitler in the same movie but...they didn't really need him for that.

In every other instance, the fusions have always failed because they got overconfident and ran out of time. I'll give Vegetto second place for both his appearances though; his plan to beat Buu didn't pan out well, but it was a decent plan undermined by defusing inside Buu and him reverting to Kid Buu, two things he couldn't have known about. Same with Zamasu, he got dealt a bad hand but at least he was trying. Compare that to SSJ4 Gogeta or Gotenks who are complete and utter failures, the latter especially because he got all his family and friends killed by being a jackass.