How strong was Gohan in RoF?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: How strong was Gohan in RoF?

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:46 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:
The Rof arc is just a retelling of the movie, in which Frieza was stated to be 1.3 million in his first form after training, so that explains the power scaling of every z fighter being weaker than the ginyu force bar Gohan and Tagoma.
He wasn't stated to be at 1.3 million after training. The 1.3 million figure was from before he started training, in an estimation of where he thought he'd end up after. Given that he's never trained a day in his life, that figure can be explained as him just not knowing how strong he could actually become.

Likewise, given that said line doesn't appear in Super, it has no relevance to Super at all either even if it was somehow an accurate assessment of Freeza's post-training first form strength in the movie.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How strong was Gohan in RoF?

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:
The Rof arc is just a retelling of the movie, in which Frieza was stated to be 1.3 million in his first form after training, so that explains the power scaling of every z fighter being weaker than the ginyu force bar Gohan and Tagoma.
He wasn't stated to be at 1.3 million after training. The 1.3 million figure was from before he started training, in an estimation of where he thought he'd end up after. Given that he's never trained a day in his life, that figure can be explained as him just not knowing how strong he could actually become.

Likewise, given that said line doesn't appear in Super, it has no relevance to Super at all either even if it was somehow an accurate assessment of Freeza's post-training first form strength in the movie.

I think it's strong evidence the writers don't really know what they are doing when it comes
to character power. They even had a Zarbon level fighter challenge Piccolo, and then in Super had Piccolo get stomped by Tagoma. And you can't just say Tagoma was amazingly strong because when Krillin was in trouble and they actually thought he might die, a few dozen Frieza soldiers were able to block Piccolo from helping, and there is no way all of those soldiers put together could even stop Namek first form Frieza. The characters were most likely nerfed because the writers couldn't think of a good way to build tension, and the 1.3 million line most likely came from the 530,000 line which was in the Frieza song, leading me to believe the writers didn't do their research and thought the song was enough info.