Did Frost Have Access To His 100% Form Back In The U6/U7 Tournament?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Did Frost Have Access To His 100% Form Back In The U6/U7 Tournament?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 am

If so, why not use it? Or was he just a sneaky cheater after all?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Did Frost Have Access To His 100% Form Back In The U6/U7 Tournament?

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:43 am

Judging by how Freeza was showing him the ropes in episode 108, the implication seems to be that Frost didn't know he could bulk up his body and become stronger this way.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 am

I think he knew he could do it, he just never needed to. Prior to the U6 tournament, he had only ever used his final form once. Freeza just convinced him it was worthwhile to use, which he bought hook line and sinker.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:51 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Judging by how Freeza was showing him the ropes in episode 108, the implication seems to be that Frost didn't know he could bulk up his body and become stronger this way.
What Freeza says is "You should at least, be able to do this." to which Frost replies " Yes, that much I can." and Frost buffs up.
It seems as though Frost did in fact know about it before Freeza showed him and his quick transformation implies he had attempted it previously, I'm just wondering if he thought it would have been worth it while he fought Goku and the others?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:09 am

Frost said he got weaker since that torunament but was still able to do that so I think he could. In terms of why he didn't use it, he most likely thought his poison would be enough which it was for Goku and Piccolo.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:42 am

He knew how to do it, if I recall correctly Freeza tells him that it was draining and Frost agreed and Freeza began explaining to him that there is a way to stop it from being that way and Frost was excited to know and then, as the other user pointed, hook line and sinker

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:34 am

sintzu wrote:Frost said he got weaker since that torunament but was still able to do that so I think he could. In terms of why he didn't use it, he most likely thought his poison would be enough which it was for Goku and Piccolo.
Believe that's pretty much established to be a lie, especially when Hit, when they met up in order to recruit him, established he had improved since then, to a point that Hit even had to be "serious" for a bit. Frost's claims that he had become weaker since the Champa arc tournament came off as him just feigning weakness rather than actually having become weaker.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm

It makes no sense for Frost to not have used the muscular form back in the Champa as it might have afforded him the ability to fight on par with SSJ Goku. Inexperience or lack of awareness on the benefits of the state doesn't sound like a very sound argument for why he refrained to use it when he should have registered his power increasing through the form.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Lionel wrote:It makes no sense for Frost to not have used the muscular form back in the Champa as it might have afforded him the ability to fight on par with SSJ Goku. Inexperience or lack of awareness on the benefits of the state doesn't sound like a very sound argument for why he refrained to use it when he should have registered his power increasing through the form.
Frost had no intention of fighting on par and him using the poison shows that.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I sincerely doubt Frost was even aware of it's existence before Freeza showed it off to him during his long con of Frost. From how Freeza describes the 100% form to Frost it seems more to be the full potential of the Freeza Race, (similar to Super Saiyan 3 in how useful it is as well) and can be unlocked with training. But, Freeza and Frost could be exceptions to that rule.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:30 am

I think he got it between the U6 arc and ToP we know he got stronger from being on the run, I think 100% form was the fruit of that. Otherwise he would have used it against Vegeta in U6.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm

If Frost did have access to the 100% form back in the U6/U7 tournament, he would have used that as supposed to using the poison on Goku and Piccolo.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:31 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If Frost did have access to the 100% form back in the U6/U7 tournament, he would have used that as supposed to using the poison on Goku and Piccolo.
Not necessarily, it wouldn't have been guaranteed victory like the poison plus the form is heavy on stamina which isn't good for a tourney.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 am

Gokuh can now use Super Saiyan God in the anime... The writers don’t know how to explain things the best way possible and there’re so many of them.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:If Frost did have access to the 100% form back in the U6/U7 tournament, he would have used that as supposed to using the poison on Goku and Piccolo.
In the end, Frost doesn't seem like a person who use that form anyway. I believe he feels content with his poison. I should say was due to him being erased now. Rip Frost!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Frost got much stronger while on the run from the authorities after the tournament. He probably learned it then.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147