Kaioshins

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ahill1
Regular

Kaioshins

Post by ahill1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:20 pm

As far as the manga goes, how many there are? What are them?

Shin said there were 5 Kaioshins on his era... so was there an era with other Kaioshins, with different Kaioshins from the ones from Shin's era?

Now, regarding DBS, it's said Beerus' life is connected to them... but only to Shin or to the 5 Kaioshins, including Dai Kaio?

Furthermore, didn't Akira Toriyama state that the Kaioshins were born from a sacred fruit? Then how was Zamasu being trained to become a Kaioshin? Shouldn't you be born as one to become one?

So yeah, a thread centered to Kaioshins.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Kaioshins

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Ok this will be a mix of stuff from old guide books and what's been added since Super began.

1) Kaioshin are their own race. As far as I'm awaire they are collectively called "Shin-jin" or Core People. They and the Kais come from the World Tree that exists on the "Core World" (a place that we have never seen). The world tree produces normal fruit and golden fruit. It is from the golden fruit that Shin-Jin are spawned. However this dose not make them Kaioshin. They must first pass a number of tests to prove they are worthy to take the office, then going by super they will spend time with a senior Kaioshin, acting as their pupil. When their teacher feels it is time they will grant that Shin-Jin a set of Kaioshin Earings which offically elevates them to the rank of Kaioshin. However sometimes exeptional Kais can be selected to become Kaioshin, which was apprantly the case with Zamasu.

The Shin-Jin could best be discribed as a god race. They are not found anywere outside of the Core World with the exeption of the Kais and Kaioshin. They are born to take on the role of Creation Deities but must prove themselevs compitant first.

2) The kaioshin are not immortal. Their lifespans are many millinia long but they will die of old age eventually (as a side note, Kai's have a lifespan that lasts tens of thousands). So that is why there are genrastions of them, although given their lifespans Shin will be around long after all the cast die of old age, 80 to 100 years is like the blink of a eye to a kaioshin. Its unknown why no new kaioshin have replaced the ones killed by Buu but it is said that Golden World Tree Fruit only appear every so often so its likely no new Shin-Jin are avalible to take their place. As its stand we dont know why the other universes have a different number of Kaioshin.

3) Beerus's bond is to all the kaioshin as far as we know. Why he didn't assist with Buu is unknown but a numb of fan theories do exist.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:20 pm

ahill1 wrote:
Shin said there were 5 Kaioshins on his era... so was there an era with other Kaioshins, with different Kaioshins from the ones from Shin's era?
Yes, there have been multiple generations of Kaioushin prior to the current one. Rou Kaioushin, for example, is established to be from 16 generations prior to the current Easat Kaioushin, meaning there's been at least that many generations (but likely more).

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
ahill1 wrote:
Yes, there have been multiple generations of Kaioushin prior to the current one. Rou Kaioushin, for example, is established to be from 16 generations prior to the current Easat Kaioushin, meaning there's been at least that many generations (but likely more).
...15 generations

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 am

In the original manga, there were five Kaiohshin: North Kaiohshin, South Kaiohshin, East Kaiohshin, West Kaiohshin, and Daikaioshin. You have the Kaiohshin for all four cardinal directions and they look over each other their own respective part of the universe and then you have the Daikaiohshin who is the same rank as the Hakaishin (above the other Kaiohshin).

Now in Super, there’s only one Kaiohshin in charge for each universe: Shin, Fuwa, Anato, Gowasu, Agu, Eyre, Ille, Kuru, Ogma, Pell (who is said to look similar to South Kaiohshin), Roh, and Kai.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

The fact that there were five Kaioshin and it seems like each universe just have one now is something I wished to be explained.

Did Toriyama forget he introduced four more in a short flashback? Even so, I hope Toyotarou gives us some kind of explanation for that.
Interestingly the Universe 6 Kaioshin looks a bit similar to the former Dai Kaioshin.

We can make up lots of theories for that, but it would be better to give some kind of information instead of ignoring it.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:15 am

I like the idea that the Kai's you see are their universes daikaioshins and our shin is obviously the defacto daikaioshin since ours died. This explains the inconsistency except for the fact that elder kai is allowed to come along...

The other alternative is that while its random usually only one fruit grows a Kaioshin at any one time, and it was a freak unlikely occurrence that U7 got 5 fruits during one daiokaios lifespan.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:08 am

Omori wrote:The fact that there were five Kaioshin and it seems like each universe just have one now is something I wished to be explained.

Did Toriyama forget he introduced four more in a short flashback? Even so, I hope Toyotarou gives us some kind of explanation for that.
Interestingly the Universe 6 Kaioshin looks a bit similar to the former Dai Kaioshin.

We can make up lots of theories for that, but it would be better to give some kind of information instead of ignoring it.
I doubt he forgot

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Furthermore, didn't Akira Toriyama state that the Kaioshins were born from a sacred fruit? Then how was Zamasu being trained to become a Kaioshin? Shouldn't you be born as one to become one?
This is probably down to differences between universes. In the 7th Universe, Kaioshin only come from golden fruit and a Kaio (who came from a regular fruit) can't be promoted up to Kaioshin status (they even look different), and that's probably the case of the 6th Universe too since they're "twins"... but that doesn't necessarily apply to the 10th Universe where Zamasu comes from. When that interview/guidebook came out, only the 7th Universe was known, so there's no reason to assume it applies to every other universe too.

Based on Zamasu already looking "Kaioshin-like" even though he was officially only a Kaio, I would guess that in the 10th Universe all Shinjin are the "golden fruit" type. So their Kaios are pointy-eared "look like elves with pale hair and odd skin colors" type humanoids just like our Kaioshin, rather than looking like the Kaios we see in the 7th Universe with their shorter squatter bodies, lack of hair, and antennae.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 am

Pantalones wrote:
This is probably down to differences between universes. In the 7th Universe, Kaioshin only come from golden fruit and a Kaio (who came from a regular fruit) can't be promoted up to Kaioshin status (they even look different), and that's probably the case of the 6th Universe too since they're "twins"... but that doesn't necessarily apply to the 10th Universe where Zamasu comes from. When that interview/guidebook came out, only the 7th Universe was known, so there's no reason to assume it applies to every other universe too.

Based on Zamasu already looking "Kaioshin-like" even though he was officially only a Kaio, I would guess that in the 10th Universe all Shinjin are the "golden fruit" type. So their Kaios are pointy-eared "look like elves with pale hair and odd skin colors" type humanoids just like our Kaioshin, rather than looking like the Kaios we see in the 7th Universe with their shorter squatter bodies, lack of hair, and antennae.
Zamasu was stated to have undergone tutelage with Gowasu to become a Kaioshin. This was because he was an exceptionally strong and skilled Kai.