Another question about Buu's cookies/candies

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Another question about Buu's cookies/candies

Post by Generico Garbagio » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Ok so before, I did wonder about if they had particular nutritional values depending on who was turned into one. Now I am BACK with another grand and interesting topic to discuss!!

So obviously, Buu was written out of the tournament because he's too OP and/or because he is discriminated against for having an uncommon sleep cycle. But probably because he is OP, especially since he can turn enemies into a variety of edibles. We're talking about a man (thing?) who can eat his steak WITHOUT COOKING IT here.

Also it is very easy to kill a cookie. (Assuming it is allowed into your diet, especially) But the Tournament of Power disallows killing.

So my question is: Would Buu have been able to turn opponents into candy and just throw them offstage without eating them? Would they already be dead? Was Vegito only able to survive as candy because he's even more OP? What if 2 OP candies fought? Does it lower physical resistance more if they become a cookie instead of hard candy? Who would be the weakest character turned to hard candy who could defeat Jiren as a cookie?

Granted those are multiple questions, but I'm pondering about the issue very seriously.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Another question about Buu's cookies/candies

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 pm

So my question is: Would Buu have been able to turn opponents into candy and just throw them offstage without eating them? Would they already be dead? Was Vegito only able to survive as candy because he's even more OP? What if 2 OP candies fought? Does it lower physical resistance more if they become a cookie instead of hard candy? Who would be the weakest character turned to hard candy who could defeat Jiren as a cookie?
It's shown that simply turning an individual into candy/cookies/sweets doesn't kill them, as Piccolo and Kuririn only turned back to normal from their stone form after Dabra was eaten. If he had died the moment he was turned into a cookie, then they should have turned back to normal sooner. We don't know how resilient the "bodies" of those turned to sweets are in comparison to their normal bodies, as Buu was the only one to interact with any individuals that were beyond "normal human" strength, and he was stronger than all of them outside of Vegetto. Mr. Satan was shown "eating" some candy made from humans that Buu gave him, but given he was just rolling them in his mouth and not chewing on them or anything, whether he could have actually crushed them with his teeth is unknown.