Grey Boo

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ahill1
Regular

Grey Boo

Post by ahill1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:40 pm

How strong do you guys see this being? Weaker than SSJ3 Goku? Stronger than kid Boo?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Grey Boo

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:21 pm

His power is greater than Good Buu's but weaker than Fat's. I prefer to think that he retained approximately 70% of the power. I do grant that Good Buu putting up any kind of fight against Kid Buu does put somewhat of a damper on this notion when Evil Buu was absolutely devastating Good. In relation to Kid Buu, you would think Good Buu would have been brought down in one strike like Recoome achieved against Krillin.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Way weaker than Fat Buu. Like 55-60% of his power.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:24 pm

The narrator tell us he got the larger portion of Majin's Boo power. I use the indication that SSJ2 Gohan's energy filled a bit more than half the meter to determine Majin Boo's power.

SSJ3 Goku and Pure Boo would absolutely destroy Grey Boo.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Good Buu being able to fight Kid Buu better than with Grey Buu could be explained by Kid Buu holding back a lot, with the power he used to destroy SSJ2 Vegeta (who should be weaker than Good Buu based on the fight).

Anyway, Fat Buu before the split defeats this Buu. If that's the case then SSJ3 Goku and Pure Buu would have no trouble against him either.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Lionel wrote:His power is greater than Good Buu's but weaker than Fat's. I prefer to think that he retained approximately 70% of the power. I do grant that Good Buu putting up any kind of fight against Kid Buu does put somewhat of a damper on this notion when Evil Buu was absolutely devastating Good. In relation to Kid Buu, you would think Good Buu would have been brought down in one strike like Recoome achieved against Krillin.
If Pure Buu =/= Pure Evil Buu, then Mr. Buu =/= Good Buu, pretty much by definition.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:27 am

In my opinion, and without getting into a heated topic, if you multiply these numbers scaled down by something, you arrive at their absorptions, and the power that made them:
Buff Buu = 8
Super Buu = 6.4
Evil Buu = 5
Kid Buu = 4
Fat Buu = 1.6
Good Buu = 1.28

South Kaioshin = 2
Dai Kaioshin = 0.2
Kid Buu times Fat Buu is equal to Super Buu. Evil Buu times Good Buu is equal to him as well. Kid Buu times South Kaioshin gives Buff Buu. The latter times Dai Kaioshin is equal to Fat Buu. His split into Evil Buu could be explained by Kid Buu getting more power and the same amount being lost into Good Buu. Gohan, Gotenks, Piccolo and the kids' absorptions were additions to make it easier.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:03 am

Approximately the same as Kid Buu.

Kid Buu was the original Buu without Kaioshin's power and influence.

Grey Buu is the evil side of the Buu with Kaioshin's power and influence and most of his power.

Therefore I would put them roughly at the same.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 am

Pure Evil Boo would be more powerful than any level Fat Boo demonstrated due to being unrestrained by the influence of Dai Kaioshin, however he would be inferior to Pure Boo in that he's only a representation of Majin Boo's evil half.
Once Dai Kaioshin's purity was introduced to Majin Boo's being, it really muddled up everything afterwards for Boo. However much Dai Kaioshin's influence could get through is however much more power Boo was unable to tap into, I don't see much of a difference between the power of an influenced Fat Boo & Good Boo that way. Especially since SSJ Gotenks was slotted to defeat Fat Boo, though if he could suppress the purity then I'm sure Fat Boo could overcome Gotenks aka the level of Pure Evil Boo.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:23 am

For some reason, the naming convention gives me a different vibe, as if Pure Evil Boo was the strongest.

Pure Evil: when evil is preceded by pure, the former gets emphasized, and it becomes stronger.
Evil: a negative trait that isn't pure, but empowering nonetheless, because it grows with anger.
Pure: it goes without a quality, as if it were neutral, allowing its user to be in his own nature.
Innocent: when the character doesn't realize his own potential and lets the others tame him.

Pure Evil Boo = 8
Evil Boo = 6.4
Pure Boo = 4
Majin Buu = 1.6
Innocent Boo = 0.8

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:47 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Lionel wrote:His power is greater than Good Buu's but weaker than Fat's. I prefer to think that he retained approximately 70% of the power. I do grant that Good Buu putting up any kind of fight against Kid Buu does put somewhat of a damper on this notion when Evil Buu was absolutely devastating Good. In relation to Kid Buu, you would think Good Buu would have been brought down in one strike like Recoome achieved against Krillin.
If Pure Buu =/= Pure Evil Buu, then Mr. Buu =/= Good Buu, pretty much by definition.
People like explaining fatso faring better against kid Boo than against Grey Boo either due to Mr. Boo having the same power as the one who battled Goku, rather than being Good Boo, or by fat Boo powering up a lot before releasing Grey Boo and, therefore, allowing someone [Grey Boo] who contains just the majority of his powers to be stronger than kid Boo. Are you going with the former now?
theherodjl wrote:Pure Evil Boo would be more powerful than any level Fat Boo demonstrated
The narrator stated Gray Boo contained the majority of fat Boo's power, meaning whatever power fat Boo showed before releasing Grey Boo was above Pure Evil Boo/Grey Boo.

Chapter: 485 (DBZ 291), P7.4
Context: as the two Boos fight
Narrator: “The original Majin Boo had no chance of winning...This was because during the split, the majority of the power went to the evil one…"

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Well, given that Vegeta is very reluctant to try Fusion, it seems that his talk right before detaching Good Buu may imply they could/should beat the Grey Buu unfused -- or at least that Goku could, I guess, I don't see Good Buu weaker than SS2 Vegeta. This would further reinforce the relatively simpler solution that Evil Buu is just more than half of Fat Buu's power.

Then again, this is also the same guy who possibly wanted to take a stab at fighting Super Buu.

Regardless, I'd simply treat Mr. Buu as the same guy who had expelled his evil; he was depowered/eaten and stayed that way up until the very end (regardless of whether he's weaker on stronger than the Fat Buu at 50% who faced Goku).

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:Well, given that Vegeta is very reluctant to try Fusion, it seems that his talk right before detaching Good Buu may imply they could/should beat the Grey Buu unfused -- or at least that Goku could, I guess, I don't see Good Buu weaker than SS2 Vegeta. This would further reinforce the relatively simpler solution that Evil Buu is just more than half of Fat Buu's power.

Then again, this is also the same guy who possibly wanted to take a stab at fighting Super Buu.

Regardless, I'd simply treat Mr. Buu as the same guy who had expelled his evil; he was depowered/eaten and stayed that way up until the very end (regardless of whether he's weaker on stronger than the Fat Buu at 50% who faced Goku).
Do you think Grey Boo is weaker than the fat Boo who battled SSJ3 Goku?

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:17 pm

ahill1 wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:Well, given that Vegeta is very reluctant to try Fusion, it seems that his talk right before detaching Good Buu may imply they could/should beat the Grey Buu unfused -- or at least that Goku could, I guess, I don't see Good Buu weaker than SS2 Vegeta. This would further reinforce the relatively simpler solution that Evil Buu is just more than half of Fat Buu's power.

Vegeta's words do seem to imply to me a "if you revert to the fatso or skinny, then is game over for you". But he could just be trying to get Super Buu weaker because neither he or Goku can beat himit's a nothing to lose scenario.

So I actually wouldn't bet my money on anything. The whole thing is more than a bit too muddied, like the Buu arc in general. Nowadays, though, I tend to go with Evil Buu being weaker than Kid Buu and still weaker than SS3 Goku, with Good Buu being equal to the Fat Buu fought by Goku, for simplicity's sake. Evil Buu should obviously be "weaker" than a Fat Buu tapping into his full power, but his full power may be fairly close or equal to Super Buu (assuming that when he powers up all the way there he splits in half). The other, more commonly accepted option (100% Fat Buu = Fat Buu fought by Goku), could still be the simplest one though.

Considering Good Buu's performance against Kid Buu... there's the possibility the gap may be smaller, but we also don't know how seriously Kid Buu is taking the fight against whoever he's facing at one given. He more or less just beats up everyone without dealing killing blows, even vastly weaker guys like base Vegeta and Satan.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:27 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:
ahill1 wrote:

Vegeta's words do seem to imply to me a "if you revert to the fatso or skinny, then is game over for you". But he could just be trying to get Super Buu weaker because neither he or Goku can beat himit's a nothing to lose scenario.

So I actually wouldn't bet my money on anything. The whole thing is more than a bit too muddied, like the Buu arc in general. Nowadays, though, I tend to go with Evil Buu being weaker than Kid Buu and still weaker than SS3 Goku, with Good Buu being equal to the Fat Buu fought by Goku, for simplicity's sake. Evil Buu should obviously be "weaker" than a Fat Buu tapping into his full power, but his full power may be fairly close or equal to Super Buu (assuming that when he powers up all the way there he splits in half). The other, more commonly accepted option (100% Fat Buu = Fat Buu fought by Goku), could still be the simplest one though.

Considering Good Buu's performance against Kid Buu... there's the possibility the gap may be smaller, but we also don't know how seriously Kid Buu is taking the fight against whoever he's facing at one given. He more or less just beats up everyone without dealing killing blows, even vastly weaker guys like base Vegeta and Satan.
I go with fat Boo [vs Goku] being his full power and, therefore, Grey Boo would be way weaker than SSJ3 Goku. As for Good Boo's better performance against kid Boo than against Grey, well, I would assume either Kid Boo wasn't at full power initially, or the fat Boo who fought him was the one who battled Goku, rather than the one who was less than 50% of fat Boo's power.

But regarding this quote:

Narrator: “The original Majin Boo had no chance of winning...This was because during the split, the majority of the power went to the evil one…"

Does this have to mean the majority of fat Boo's power went to the evil one? He didn't specify fat Boo, so what if someone assume Grey Boo >>> fat Boo [before splitting]?

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:34 pm

ahill1 wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:
ahill1 wrote: Do you think Grey Boo is weaker than the fat Boo who battled SSJ3 Goku?

I go with fat Boo [vs Goku] being his full power and, therefore, Grey Boo would be way weaker than SSJ3 Goku. As for Good Boo's better performance against kid Boo than against Grey, well, I would assume either Kid Boo wasn't at full power initially, or the fat Boo who fought him was the one who battled Goku, rather than the one who was less than 50% of fat Boo's power.

But regarding this quote:

Does this have to mean the majority of fat Boo's power went to the evil one? He didn't specify fat Boo, so what if someone assume Grey Boo >>> fat Boo [before splitting]?
That was what I was assuming above, haha. Maybe I wasn't too clear.
But yeah, you could literally have Grey and Good Buu at any point beyond Fat Buu's strength as long as they are weaker than Super Buu, obviously (if it wasn't intuitive enough, Evil Buu is literally reported to "power up" when he eats Good Buu also per the Daizenshuu, so no way to put Evil Buu above the end result of the reunion).

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:22 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:That was what I was assuming above, haha. Maybe I wasn't too clear.
But you said Grey Boo has obviously to be below Fat Boo.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:32 am

ahill1 wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:That was what I was assuming above, haha. Maybe I wasn't too clear.
But you said Grey Boo has obviously to be below Fat Boo.
I wrote it was not the Fat Buu fought by Goku, or that the Fat Buu fought by Goku was not at his 100%. I basically meant Evil Buu could have been the 60% of Super Buu; Super Buu being the composite power released during the fission and split between the good and evil halves.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 am

If Pure Evil Boo was weaker than the original Majin Boo, then Vegeta would not have known his power, since he couldn't be felt from the Otherworld. He knew what the grey one looked like though, when his comment went to his frame (skinny), but what could have called Vegeta's attention to him, if not Pure Evil Boo showing up with a spike in power from the fat one? My guess: as with Goku sensing the whole thing through, without distinction from even Piccolo, Pure Evil Boo was powerful enough to be sensed.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:41 pm

My opinion is that Pure Evil Buu is of equal power to Pure Buu, given that they're both fundamentally the same being. The reason for him being only a portion of the original Fat Buu's power and yet still equal to Pure Buu, who in turn gave Goku more trouble than Fat Buu did, is that the Pure Evil Buu took the majority of power from Fat Buu at the height of Buu's anger. It was shown that Buu's strength, as Fat Buu, fluctuated due to anger, and against Goku, Buu wasn't angry. He was thoroughly enjoying his fight with him, and therefore wasn't likely going at his full strength as a result of it. At the moment he expelled the Pure Evil Buu though, Fat Buu was overcome with rage from Mr. Satan's near death, to the point he feared Mr. Satan even being near him because of what might happen.

In short, Goku fought Fat Buu while the latter was at a suppressed level, and he was at his full, rage-induced power when he expelled the Pure Evil Buu, whose strength was a reflection of that rage-induced power. Goku wasn't aware of this happening (as seen by his confusion of Buu being inside Buu when they found Mr. Buu's cocoon), thus his belief of being able to defeat him is based only on their early fight.

As for the gauge to revive Buu, I don't believe that's a fair indicator of Buu's actual power, so much as just the amount needed to "jump start" him.