Who gave Goku gave a bigger beatdown? Jiren or Broly

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

Who gave Goku gave a bigger beatdown? Jiren or Broly

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:09 am

Goku was utterly outclassed in both fights and sustained massive injuries. Who, in your opinion, gave Goku more of a beatdown?

Boku no Hitto

Re: Who gave Goku gave a bigger beatdown? Jiren or Broly

Post by Boku no Hitto » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 am

What Broly did to Goku and company was bad. What Jiren did to Goku was disrespect. Goku looked good for a hot second after a power up against a jiren who up until that point was beating him with glances, but even then only got called "interesting" for making him "try".

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:35 am

Boku no Hitto wrote:What Broly did to Goku and company was bad. What Jiren did to Goku was disrespect. Goku looked good for a hot second after a power up against a jiren who up until that point was beating him with glances, but even then only got called "interesting" for making him "try".
This. If I recall it correctly, Broly even said to Goku AND his companies that they were worthy opponents and praised their effort during the fight - unlike Jiren, who is completely sure right now about his own victory, and probably even his superiority. If the latter is right, his hubris may be the reason why he will fall, both literally and figuratively.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:18 am

Gotta be Jirens. Others have already given reasons why, but the ultimate "F you" was the stare that sent Goku's trump card straight back at him. With the movie villains that 'trump card' was always the winner.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:56 pm

hunduel wrote:
Boku no Hitto wrote:What Broly did to Goku and company was bad. What Jiren did to Goku was disrespect. Goku looked good for a hot second after a power up against a jiren who up until that point was beating him with glances, but even then only got called "interesting" for making him "try".
This. If I recall it correctly, Broly even said to Goku AND his companies that they were worthy opponents and praised their effort during the fight - unlike Jiren, who is completely sure right now about his own victory, and probably even his superiority. If the latter is right, his hubris may be the reason why he will fall, both literally and figuratively.
He never said they were worthy opponents. This is what he said to the Z warriors
Broly : "Did you think you could defeat me with that level of power?"
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

and this
Broly : "You could have gotten off just being killed like good boys, you didn't have to meet with such a painful fate! I'll give you credit for being every bit Saiyans."
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

the only worthy opponent is Goku, and even Jiren said that Saiyans were interesting beings.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
hunduel wrote:
He never said they were worthy opponents. This is what he said to the Z warriors
Broly : "Did you think you could defeat me with that level of power?"
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

and this
Broly : "You could have gotten off just being killed like good boys, you didn't have to meet with such a painful fate! I'll give you credit for being every bit Saiyans."
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

the only worthy opponent is Goku, and even Jiren said that Saiyans were interesting beings.
Well, I guess I was wrong. To be honest, I couldn't care less about Broly... :roll:
Last edited by hunduel on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Well, that doesn't concern me. I just wanted to make things clear.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:53 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Well, that doesn't concern me. I just wanted to make things clear.
That one, I actually appreciate. Thanks.