Here's how I would've liked the Resurrection F Arc to go

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Here's how I would've liked the Resurrection F Arc to go

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 am

Goku gets injured by the ring and Freeza is still running low like normal. Vegeta intervenes, yadayada. He asks Kuririn to toss him a Senzu instead of having him come get Goku. Vegeta catches it, glances at it, and throws it to Freeza. Then he requests Whis to hurry Goku to Dende to be healed and says he'll have Bulma make him and Beerus a whole feast in return. Freeza eats the bean, Vegeta doesn't uncharacteristically beat up on an opponent that's half beaten already and fights him like a true Saiyan warrior. It also would've been kind of a call back to Goku giving Cell a Senzu. Just my two cents. I'm a bit of a Vegeta fan so I guess I really would've liked to see his fight go down a little differently. It was at least longer in Super but too one-sided. Thoughts?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Here's how I would've liked the Resurrection F Arc to go

Post by KBABZ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:18 am

I haven't seen the movie in full, but how I interpret the film is that it's a character introspective as to why Frieza fails as a fighter. On the Vegeta side of things, I feel like to him Frieza wasn't even a worthy challenge, especially if he's such a poor tactician that he can't even train up his energy levels, and for both him and Goku Frieza was more of a nuisance than anything else (which Goku miscalculates and it results in Earth's destruction). It is a bit of a retread of the finale to the Namek fight (Frieza once again fails to recognize that his energy levels have dropped like a rock and is too arrogant and stubborn to admit it), but the charm of having Frieza back and wallow about in the hypocrisy of his Golden Form and fail to learn anything from the last defeat puts a new spin on it.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 am

KBABZ wrote:On the Vegeta side of things, I feel like to him Frieza wasn't even a worthy challenge, especially if he's such a poor tactician that he can't even train up his energy levels
That's a good point. I guess I just want Vegeta to get a good, two-sided fight for once. And finally being able to beat Freeza at full power would've been pretty cool. But yeah I guess it also shows how he's sort of moved on from Freeza, it doesn't really affect him anymore, even if he still sees him as a scumbag

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:38 am

Forte224 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:On the Vegeta side of things, I feel like to him Frieza wasn't even a worthy challenge, especially if he's such a poor tactician that he can't even train up his energy levels
That's a good point. I guess I just want Vegeta to get a good, two-sided fight for once. And finally being able to beat Freeza at full power would've been pretty cool. But yeah I guess it also shows how he's sort of moved on from Freeza, it doesn't really affect him anymore, even if he still sees him as a scumbag
I'd definitely say that Android-era Vegeta would love to kick Frieza's teeth in, but after his development in Buu it doesn't surprise me that he isn't that interested in Frieza and how he used to have him under his boot; he's moved past that and has a loving family with Bulma and Trunks. Although I'm sure with a good enough reason Vegeta would do it, like protecting said family (which is kinda what happened in RoF, but he was so far above Frieza he didn't care anyway).