Where was Cyborg 17 revived?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Where was Cyborg 17 revived?

Post by Dragon Sponge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 am

After Cyborg 17 died in Cells explosion on Kaios Planet, where exactly came he back to life when Shenlong revived him? Did Shenlong just teleport him back into the living world, which would be a Plot Hole because he revives people where they died or where their remains are currently. And 17 died in the afterlife. Was he revived where Kaios Planet had been located, which means that he would need to travel Snake Way all the way to the Check in Station and find someone like Baba who can bring him back to earth? Which means he would eventually meet Goku and Kaio on Snake Way, which can´t happen sinse both of them didn´t meet until DB Super. Or did his remains fall into Hell, so that he would been revived there and need to find the exit Goku used to return to the Check in Station (asuming he ends up in the version of Hell, we saw in the anime adaptation). I think the third possibility, might be the most likely but what do you guys think?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Where was Cyborg 17 revived?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

I think Shenlong just did Android 17 a solid and brought him back to Earth after he revived him.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:51 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I think Shenlong just did Android 17 a solid and brought him back to Earth after he revived him.
Sinse he didn´t bring Son Goku back to Earth when he was revived in the Afterlife, it could only be posseble if Dende upgraded the Dragon to do such things, but sinse nothing is about it, it could be either way. Also it would be questionable where on earth he would send him.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:54 am

Dragon Sponge wrote:After Cyborg 17 died in Cells explosion on Kaios Planet, where exactly came he back to life when Shenlong revived him? Did Shenlong just teleport him back into the living world, which would be a Plot Hole because he revives people where they died or where their remains are currently. And 17 died in the afterlife. Was he revived where Kaios Planet had been located, which means that he would need to travel Snake Way all the way to the Check in Station and find someone like Baba who can bring him back to earth? Which means he would eventually meet Goku and Kaio on Snake Way, which can´t happen sinse both of them didn´t meet until DB Super. Or did his remains fall into Hell, so that he would been revived there and need to find the exit Goku used to return to the Check in Station (asuming he ends up in the version of Hell, we saw in the anime adaptation). I think the third possibility, might be the most likely but what do you guys think?
I always assumed he died when Cell was killed by Gohan.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Dragon Sponge wrote:After Cyborg 17 died in Cells explosion on Kaios Planet, where exactly came he back to life when Shenlong revived him? Did Shenlong just teleport him back into the living world, which would be a Plot Hole because he revives people where they died or where their remains are currently. And 17 died in the afterlife. Was he revived where Kaios Planet had been located, which means that he would need to travel Snake Way all the way to the Check in Station and find someone like Baba who can bring him back to earth? Which means he would eventually meet Goku and Kaio on Snake Way, which can´t happen sinse both of them didn´t meet until DB Super. Or did his remains fall into Hell, so that he would been revived there and need to find the exit Goku used to return to the Check in Station (asuming he ends up in the version of Hell, we saw in the anime adaptation). I think the third possibility, might be the most likely but what do you guys think?
That would mean he was regenerated alongside Cells body. Thats a bit hard to beleive by me, ececpt we asume he got merged with Cells body enough that he can be consired a biological part of him. But sinse Cell can spit them out if someone hits him hard enough in the stomach, it dosen´t really seem like that for me.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Dragon Sponge wrote:
That would mean he was regenerated alongside Cells body. Thats a bit hard to beleive by me, ececpt we asume he got merged with Cells body enough that he can be consired a biological part of him. But sinse Cell can spit them out if someone hits him hard enough in the stomach, it dosen´t really seem like that for me.
I sooner see that he "merges" with them moreso as he connects them into him like batteries, and somehow miniaturizes them in the process of absorbing them. When Gohan struck Cell's head, it "short circuited" the process of keeping #18 miniaturized, causing her to grow back to normal size and forcing Cell to regurgitate her (as he had no room inside him for her full-sized body).

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
Dragon Sponge wrote:
I sooner see that he "merges" with them moreso as he connects them into him like batteries, and somehow miniaturizes them in the process of absorbing them. When Gohan struck Cell's head, it "short circuited" the process of keeping #18 miniaturized, causing her to grow back to normal size and forcing Cell to regurgitate her (as he had no room inside him for her full-sized body).
Lookslike a solid idea. It could be posseble.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 am

I assume he would have been reconstituted in the region of the planet where Gohan overtook Cell and destroyed him. It's technically where #17 would have died so that makes the most sense to me. Krillin couldn't be wished back after the Freeza arc without first ensuring that his soul would not be transported into the vaccuum where Namek used to sit. I suspect the same notion would apply to #17, except the place he came back to was fully in-tact for him to survive in.

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think Shenlong just did Android 17 a solid and brought him back to Earth after he revived him.
I didn't want to open a topic just for that, but here's the thing.

He was survived during the Cell Saga, it has been confirmed even if it happened off-screen and didn't see him just until the finale of the Buu Saga. But he was still alive. The question is: how did he die during the Buu Saga when Super Buu used the Human Extinction Attack? He should have been able to handle pretty easily those beams without taking too much damage, but even if he missed one, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't have been enough to kill him. If Tien and goddamn Chiaotzu were able to fight on their own, I think C17 should have been easily able to handle it.

OR if he didn't die, why didn't he appeared later on? The whole Earth was almost extinct aside from their battlegrounds, and even though they cannot be sensed I'm pretty sure he'd have been able to find the gang pretty easily. I'm asking for this because if he indeed would have appeared, could Goku and C17 actually fuse with each other using the Potara Earrings?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 am

He was brought back where cell absorbed him and became semi-perfect
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 am

apex_pretador wrote:He was brought back where cell absorbed him and became semi-perfect
You can’t be “semi-perfect”. Lol
No. 17 didn’t die when Cell absorbed him. If he did, then Cell would have lost his power. Also, No. 18 would have been dead when she was regurgitated from Cell but she wasn’t dead.

Cell didn’t die when he self-destructed on Kaioh’s planet. That’s leaves only one other place where No. 17 could have died and that’s the Cell Games Battle Stage. No. 17 died when Cell died during the battle with Gohan and was revived later and returned to where Cell died.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 am

Dragon Sponge wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Goku blew Cell's upper torso off and he still spat out an intact #18 later.