Could you see Early DBS Vegito Impressing Beerus?(To not destroy earth)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Could you see Early DBS Vegito Impressing Beerus?(To not destroy earth)

Post by RichardKing2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm

With everything we know from Dragon Ball Super up to now

If Goku and Vegeta used the Potara earrings to fuse when Beerus first came around(instead of Goku attaining SSG), do you think that a hypothetical early DBS Vegito would be able to impress Beerus? Or even give him a decent fight, despite Beerus being heavily suppressed?

Basically if they had fused and Vegito tried giving it his all(SSJ3, Spirit Bomb, etc), do you think Beerus would have still destroyed earth? Or do you think Beerus would have spared them, and the plot would go about as normal?(with goku and vegeta receiving training from whis, etc)
Last edited by RichardKing2 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Could you see Early DBS Vegito Impressing Beerus?(To not destroy earth)

Post by ssbgoku » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Yeah I was thinking about it even when the movie came, although everyone was about ssg or godly base being so strong. However with later dbs retelling of bog and rof and current arcs I believe yes he could I could have dbs ss3 vegetto around at least 52% of ssg goku from bog.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:06 pm

I don't think so. Even though as a SSJ he should be above everyone of the Z Fighters, he wouldn't be much different from them in Beerus' eyes, he was on a whole another dimension by the begining of Super.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm

If it is the anime DBZ Vegetto then its possible, Super Vegetto in the anime canon was stated to be on par, if not more powerful than SSJ4 Goku in the GT Perfect Files. Factor in SSJ3's multiplier of x8 of SSJ and we got a Vegetto that is possibly stronger than Omega Shenron, that should be enough to impress Beerus for sure.
However if it is the manga Vegetto then its not very likely, the fused warrior deemed it necessary to use SSJ right off the bat against Boohan. That implies to me, that manga Vegetto was weaker by a significant amount if he was unable to follow his anime counterpart's example.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

the minute you bring GT in, is the minute this thread officially goes to complete garbage and into another direction of debate

mods, please close this thread. there isn't much room for discussion if we have to reference a series that isn't really canon to Super's timeline.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Seeing as Vegito made Buuhan look like a complete joke, I'd say Buu Saga Vegito would have put up a better fight than Super Saiyan God Goku.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 pm

ssbgoku wrote:Yeah I was thinking about it even when the movie came, although everyone was about ssg or godly base being so strong. However with later dbs retelling of bog and rof and current arcs I believe yes he could I could have dbs ss3 vegetto around at least 52% of ssg goku from bog.
Yea when BoG came out SSG was supposed to be 60% of Beerus, but in Super it's less than 1% of Beerus, so ssj3 Vegito could easily be almost SSG level.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:27 am

A hypothetical enraged SSJ3 Vegetto might give Beerus a strong impression of ningen. I'm not sure if it would suffice in sating his desire for a good challenge though. Beerus has been retroactively pedestaled so high above everyone else in Universe 7 that not even a Kaioken x20/blue combination would allow someone to match a fraction of his power.

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ssbgoku » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Lionel wrote:A hypothetical enraged SSJ3 Vegetto might give Beerus a strong impression of ningen. I'm not sure if it would suffice in sating his desire for a good challenge though. Beerus has been retroactively pedestaled so high above everyone else in Universe 7 that not even a Kaioken x20/blue combination would allow someone to match a fraction of his power.
I concur ;). I mean sure ssj3 vegetto would be even stronger then ssg goku, based on how far goku was from beerus(in opposite to movie). Moreover based on Before Top Gohan being farcry in compare to buu arc ultimate gohan. Based on it we know Vegetto with ssj should be at least 20 times Ultimate gohan

innocent_rage

Post by innocent_rage » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 am

well potara fusion base kefla is stronger then ssjg goku is ,even though this goku is battle worn but still ......potara kafla is holding up very very good.

So vegito would give beerus a very good fight ,i can see vegito throwing in some instant transmission combos to catch beerus off guard,after image techniques,solar flare beat downs.
There is soo many things vegito could do to keep beerus entertained.

I remember people saying ssjgod is like a 10000000x multiplier but its no longer the case ,goku has gone from barely winning in ssj form to almost winning in ssj blue form ......the jump was not that great .Also many mortals have fought goku and proved that ki is not everything.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 am

It wasn't just Super Saiyan God Goku being strong enough to fight Beerus that impressed him. It was bigger than that; the potential Goku showed, the way he adapted to the god power and his acceptance of defeat. Beerus wanted a rival, Goku showed he could be that rival, even if it would take a while.

Vegito on the other hand, I don't think he would have impressed Beerus as much. He's too cocky, disrespectful and can't grow the way Goku and Vegeta can as individuals. He may put up a better fight (though still nowhere near enough to beat Beerus), but I don't know if Beerus would want to put up with keeping him around. For a start, Vegito can't "absorb" the power of the Potaras the way Goku and Vegeta could absorb god ki.

Also, I didn't need confirmation from Kefla to assume Buu saga Vegito could challenge godly beings. Vegito was so far above everyone else in Z, I simply can't buy that he wouldn't have been a contender up until at least the mid point of Super even without god ki. I'd put him at the level of around Golden Freeza or Hit, both of whom are living proof that beings with mortal ki can surpass those with god ki if they're strong enough.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 am

RichardKing2 wrote:the minute you bring GT in, is the minute this thread officially goes to complete garbage and into another direction of debate

mods, please close this thread. there isn't much room for discussion if we have to reference a series that isn't really canon to Super's timeline.
wow you probably wont be here long

SonofthePrince

Post by SonofthePrince » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:26 pm

I mean the anime version probably could impress Beerus, but not the manga version I think

SonofthePrince

Post by SonofthePrince » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 pm

theherodjl wrote:If it is the anime DBZ Vegetto then its possible, Super Vegetto in the anime canon was stated to be on par, if not more powerful than SSJ4 Goku in the GT Perfect Files. Factor in SSJ3's multiplier of x8 of SSJ and we got a Vegetto that is possibly stronger than Omega Shenron, that should be enough to impress Beerus for sure.
However if it is the manga Vegetto then its not very likely, the fused warrior deemed it necessary to use SSJ right off the bat against Boohan. That implies to me, that manga Vegetto was weaker by a significant amount if he was unable to follow his anime counterpart's example.
I mean, the Daizenshuu did state that base Vegetto was at least 400x more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, so I'm pretty sure even in the manga he would've Given Buu a run for his money

King13s

Post by King13s » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:57 am

Kataphrut wrote:It wasn't just Super Saiyan God Goku being strong enough to fight Beerus that impressed him. It was bigger than that; the potential Goku showed, the way he adapted to the god power and his acceptance of defeat. Beerus wanted a rival, Goku showed he could be that rival, even if it would take a while.

Vegito on the other hand, I don't think he would have impressed Beerus as much. He's too cocky, disrespectful and can't grow the way Goku and Vegeta can as individuals. He may put up a better fight (though still nowhere near enough to beat Beerus), but I don't know if Beerus would want to put up with keeping him around. For a start, Vegito can't "absorb" the power of the Potaras the way Goku and Vegeta could absorb god ki.

Also, I didn't need confirmation from Kefla to assume Buu saga Vegito could challenge godly beings. Vegito was so far above everyone else in Z, I simply can't buy that he wouldn't have been a contender up until at least the mid point of Super even without god ki. I'd put him at the level of around Golden Freeza or Hit, both of whom are living proof that beings with mortal ki can surpass those with god ki if they're strong enough.
Exactly. BoG was sort of return to form of how impressive Goku is as an individual. His desire and ability to grow are endearing even to a callus God of Destruction.

Beerus can be impressed by power, and Vegito certainly can do that. He would have astonished Beerus and Whis. A mortal standing toe to toe with 40-60% of a God would make them very note worthy, but they were not the Super Saiyan God. Beerus would wind up timing out the fusion, especially if the power drain of SS3 played a factor in it, and he would have at least blown up half the planet.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:01 am

Base Vegetto was able to make Buuhan look bad so I assume a full powered, enraged Ssj3 Vegetto would be able to pull off something impressive.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:28 am

Yes. Thing is while we know for sure SSG will still be above anything else, a SSj3 Vegito would have pulled something off. Like Scratching Beerus

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:51 pm

It was said that fusing with Vegeta wouldn't be enough to beat Beerus (so Beerus > Super Vegito), but SSJG wasn't enough either.
SSJ3 Vegito would impress Beerus for sure and do much better than SSJG when it comes to raw power.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:51 pm

innocent_rage wrote:well potara fusion base kefla is stronger then ssjg goku is ,even though this goku is battle worn but still ......potara kafla is holding up very very good.

So vegito would give beerus a very good fight ,i can see vegito throwing in some instant transmission combos to catch beerus off guard,after image techniques,solar flare beat downs.
There is soo many things vegito could do to keep beerus entertained.

I remember people saying ssjgod is like a 10000000x multiplier but its no longer the case ,goku has gone from barely winning in ssj form to almost winning in ssj blue form ......the jump was not that great .Also many mortals have fought goku and proved that ki is not everything.
The thing about Kefla is that the U6 base saiyans are WAY stronger than the Buu saga base saiyans. Its not a good idea to compare base Kefla to base Z-Vegito when she if FAR beyond the entire Buu saga combined. However, Base Vegito post-BOG is stronger than SSJ1 Kefla, since Merged Zamasu in the manga implied that Vegito in his base was stronger than mastered SSJB Goku.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:31 pm

kn83 wrote:The thing about Kefla is that the U6 base saiyans are WAY stronger than the Buu saga base saiyans. Its not a good idea to compare base Kefla to base Z-Vegito when she if FAR beyond the entire Buu saga combined. However, Base Vegito post-BOG is stronger than SSJ1 Kefla, since Merged Zamasu in the manga implied that Vegito in his base was stronger than mastered SSJB Goku.
Well if you want to add Vegetto's absurd boost from the Boo arc in with DBS's logic of Saiyans magically achieving a power up that places them within current events(Future Trunks) then Z Vegetto can match Kefla, outdo her even if the plot is dependent on Vegetto pulling a Trunks(knowing Toei then its highly probable).
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: