[THEORY] Vegeta was calm about UI Goku because he has already reached his limit.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

[THEORY] Vegeta was calm about UI Goku because he has already reached his limit.

Post by DSB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:53 am

Vegeta had that almost out of character calmness when he saw and later asked Goku about his UI form. This never happened before.Not even in Super [cue his anger over SSB Kaioken Goku against Hit]. So what happened now?

I believe Vegeta went in ROSAT and trained as hard as he could and then realized he had already reached his Limit. How can i say that? I believe there are some reasons other than his calmness over Goku's form.
  • He broke the ROSAT to exit. Popo warned him that if he did it again he would be banend from it. Now this isnt TFS Popo and Vegeta honestly doesnt care of what Popo said. But why break the ROSAT when you might have to train again?
  • In Episode 94 he asked Goku directly about if they can win ToP for sure. They were talking about getting Freeza. Vegeta seemed concerned. It was in his facial expression.
These 3 things indicates that while Vegeta may have gotten stronger, which he is Hiding, he is at his limit and probably knows that the Power Jiren or Goku showed is well and truly beyond his limits.

But he also doesnt care because he just now wants to be the guardian of his family. Bra's birth changed his perspective about a warrior.

Thoughts?

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: [THEORY] Vegeta was calm about UI Goku because he has already reached his limit.

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

That would certainly be an interesting development for Vegeta. And, seeing as Toriyama seems to slowly be moving Vegeta out of the “Goku’s rival” role, presumably to be replaced by Hit or some other character, it would make sense for him to write Vegeta coming to terms with Goku being on another level than him, and to move on from his obsession with becoming stronger than him.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: [THEORY] Vegeta was calm about UI Goku because he has already reached his limit.

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Vegeta may know something that we don't, his kempt composure could be due to a power-up that he is waiting to unleash once his turn comes. He might not have immediate access to it so he is possibly counting on being pushed just like Goku was. Jiren is going to be worn down from battling Hit's full ability and Goku will likely pull the strength of the Ultra Instinct back up for one more bout, Vegeta is just biding his time for an opportunity to show what he is really made of.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Boring. Vegeta has attained something better...Full-power Super Saiyan Blue.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 am

Miracles wrote:Boring. Vegeta has attained something better...Full-power Super Saiyan Blue.
Manga isnt the anime.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 am

If this was going to be the last arc then it could've been something worth taking into account but Super is nowhere near being over so he and Goku will surpass UI multiple times. The reason he's calm is most likely because he has something he hasn't used yet, it won't be as impressive as what Goku has but good enough to keep him calm. Or the writers didn't want to waste time having him go on another rant about Goku surpassing him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:37 am

DSB wrote:
Miracles wrote:Boring. Vegeta has attained something better...Full-power Super Saiyan Blue.
Manga isnt the anime.
Goku used red and blue switch in the anime after the manga.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 am

Miracles wrote:
DSB wrote:
Manga isnt the anime.
That’s a coincidence. The manga does not have any influence on how Toei chooses to tell the story. I suppose it’s possible for one of their writers to read the manga and be inspired by it, but I doubt that has/will happen.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:42 am

DSB wrote:Vegeta had that almost out of character calmness when he saw and later asked Goku about his UI form. This never happened before.Not even in Super [cue his anger over SSB Kaioken Goku against Hit]. So what happened now?

I believe Vegeta went in ROSAT and trained as hard as he could and then realized he had already reached his Limit. How can i say that? I believe there are some reasons other than his calmness over Goku's form.
  • He broke the ROSAT to exit. Popo warned him that if he did it again he would be banend from it. Now this isnt TFS Popo and Vegeta honestly doesnt care of what Popo said. But why break the ROSAT when you might have to train again?
  • In Episode 94 he asked Goku directly about if they can win ToP for sure. They were talking about getting Freeza. Vegeta seemed concerned. It was in his facial expression.
These 3 things indicates that while Vegeta may have gotten stronger, which he is Hiding, he is at his limit and probably knows that the Power Jiren or Goku showed is well and truly beyond his limits.

But he also doesnt care because he just now wants to be the guardian of his family. Bra's birth changed his perspective about a warrior.

Thoughts?

I highly doubt Vegeta reached his limit. The story is still ongoing and Vegeta is a popular character. Which means he will continue to get power ups and new forms so they can continue to sell merchandise of him. He's the second most popular character after Goku. There is no way they are done with him.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am

DSB wrote:
Manga isnt the anime.
A crying shame, as the Manga treats Vegeta better than the anime does. He'll NEVER get anything better than Goku in the Anime. Heck, whilst it might be argued that he's pulled ahead a few times (rage at Beerus slapping Bulma being the most obvious example) it never lasts long.

Anyhow, I don't beleive Vegeta has reached his limit. It was made unquestionably clear that the whole 'Ultra Instinct' thing was Goku breaking the shell to his deeper potential. I see no reason why, under the right circumstances, Vegeta couldn't do the same thing. Heck, it's not necessary even something that has to be unique to Saiyans.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:
Miracles wrote:
DSB wrote:
Manga isnt the anime.
That’s a coincidence.The manga does not have any influence on how Toei chooses to tell the story. I suppose it’s possible for one of their writers to read the manga and be inspired by it, but I doubt that has/will happen.
Incorrect.

Interviewer: "The manga and anime versions of Dragonball Super are written almost simultaneously. How do you proceed?"
Toyotaro: "Mr. Toriyama gives the same rough script to both. The anime and manga are produced independently. We don't discuss who does what. But sometimes, once Mr. Toriyama has watched the anime, he sometimes thinks this is a good idea, maybe i'll introduce it in my story. The same goes on the anime side. There is an interaction afterwards."

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 am

SonReggie wrote:
DSB wrote:
Manga isnt the anime.
A crying shame, as the Manga treats Vegeta better than the anime does. He'll NEVER get anything better than Goku in the Anime. Heck, whilst it might be argued that he's pulled ahead a few times (rage at Beerus slapping Bulma being the most obvious example) it never lasts long.
What has he gotten better than Goku in the manga? The only difference they've had is how to approach SSB's stamina drain, and Goku's idea was far and away better; so much so that Vegeta copied it. And, actually, his switching idea was based on Goku's concept too.

I'd far prefer what the anime did for Vegeta in the Black arc, if I were obsessed with making him look better than Goku.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:31 am

Miracles wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:
Miracles wrote: Goku used red and blue switch in the anime after the manga.
That’s a coincidence.The manga does not have any influence on how Toei chooses to tell the story. I suppose it’s possible for one of their writers to read the manga and be inspired by it, but I doubt that has/will happen.
Incorrect.

Interviewer: "The manga and anime versions of Dragonball Super are written almost simultaneously. How do you proceed?"
Toyotaro: "Mr. Toriyama gives the same rough script to both. The anime and manga are produced independently. We don't discuss who does what. But sometimes, once Mr. Toriyama has watched the anime, he sometimes thinks this is a good idea, maybe i'll introduce it in my story. The same goes on the anime side. There is an interaction afterwards."
Where is this interview from?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 pm

emperior wrote:
Miracles wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote: That’s a coincidence.The manga does not have any influence on how Toei chooses to tell the story. I suppose it’s possible for one of their writers to read the manga and be inspired by it, but I doubt that has/will happen.
Incorrect.

Where is this interview from?
Youtube.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Vegeta went into the RoSaT and may have surpassed Kakarot. Who knows a this point, he's been conserving his energy and hasn't shown anything past Blue. I don't think he's reached his limit. It's been proven time and time again Saiyan's have no limits, they may hit walls but they've broke through time and time again.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:00 am

Whis maintains about as much faith in Vegeta as a student as he does in Goku. It will be interesting to keep seeing how things unfold in both versions.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:41 am

Duo wrote:Whis maintains about as much faith in Vegeta as a student as he does in Goku. It will be interesting to keep seeing how things unfold in both versions.
Not really. I kinda sense Whis likes Vegeta more as a Student. Maybe due to his attitude

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 pm

DSB wrote:
Duo wrote:Whis maintains about as much faith in Vegeta as a student as he does in Goku. It will be interesting to keep seeing how things unfold in both versions.
Not really. I kinda sense Whis likes Vegeta more as a Student. Maybe due to his attitude

Because teachers always like to teach the students who have a harder time learning

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:33 am

Xeztin wrote:Vegeta went into the RoSaT and may have surpassed Kakarot. Who knows a this point, he's been conserving his energy and hasn't shown anything past Blue. I don't think he's reached his limit. It's been proven time and time again Saiyan's have no limits, they may hit walls but they've broke through time and time again.
That is probably just lip service. I don't think "limits" really exist in Dragon ball in general as long as you figure out to refine your ki even further.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm kind of a big Vegeta fan so I'm hoping his silence is due to him having something up his sleeve. But I kinda doubt it. Toei seems to be moving Vegeta to the sidelines more and more as Goku cares less and less about being his rival