Can Beerus one shot Universe 7?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Can Beerus one shot Universe 7?

Post by DSB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Not Erase like Zeno, i mean destroy everything with one attack...

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Can Beerus one shot Universe 7?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Why would he want to? He would die too...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 pm

I supposed he could just punch his fists together and it would be gone.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:26 pm

TheMikado wrote:I supposed he could just punch his fists together and it would be gone.
If he can create enough of those weird shockwaves, but wasn't it said that if that had continued, both Goku and Beerus would die?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Probably, Beerus & Champa previously intended to destroy U6 in an effort to go all out in a petty squabble. Whis & Vados put an end to that though.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Possibly. It is kind of hard to say. I would say off statements from the anime and manga full power Beerus is around universe level.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 am

It would be hard but he could do it.
Not in one attack imo
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:16 am

apex_pretador wrote:It would be hard but he could do it.
Not in one attack imo
Not even a continuous attack in which he expended all of his energy?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 am

Yes I would say so, isn't that exactly what was going to happen when he powered up that ball of energy in Chapter 5 of the manga? That was why Whis knocked him out.

That one "super duper dense" ball of energy that was created from a heavily suppressed Beerus and Goku clashing blasts was supposed to contain enough energy that if it dispersed it would have destroyed the whole universe which is why Beerus used his power to nullify it.

Beerus should easily be able to create something like that or far more powerful by himself. Same for a few other characters too.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 am

Yes. He doesn't have the power to instantly erase multiple universes with little to no apparent effort like Zen'oh does, but destroying a single universe probably doesn't even take anything close to 100% for him. Saying that Beerus can destroy a universe in one blast is kinda like saying Freeza can destroy a planet in one blast -- we know Freeza could do so easily in just his first form even before he trained at all, and we know Beerus could have destroyed the universe with punch-shockwaves when holding back a good portion of his power against Goku. It's not something that requires 100% (or even close to 100%) power for either of them.

Plus, him and Champa fighting all-out would have destroyed both of their universes in the process. That's a pretty strong implication that each of them individually is more than capable of destroying one universe, if the two of them fighting would bring down both universes by accident.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:07 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Not in one attack imo
Given long enough time, likely.

We have enough feats and character statements to say that he can destroy a universe. Everytime he fights, universe is endangered.

But Zeno's instant universe Erasure is implied a big deal for even beerus so I don't think he can do it like Freeza blowing up a planet
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:29 am

If Cell can potentially destroy the solar system with single Kamehameha, then Beerus, who is very much FAR stronger than him, is very much capable of dong damage on a much larger scale than him. I mean, he did cancel out punches that produced shock-waves powerful enough to turn the universe into a null void.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm

I think either the scientific dimensions of the DB universe must be smaller than our own or Cell's charging Kamehameha wasn't a complete spacial representation of how much destruction he could make via the expansion of his power. It's also possible that Toriyama and the studio don't pay much heed to little details like Space's scope and expansiveness. Beerus would have to be billions of times more powerful than Cell if power in DB scaled linearly which it almost certainly doesn't.

To answer your question, I think it was already established that Beerus was capable of emitting power that can be felt across the universe. Can he destroy all of the universe in one attack? Possibly, if the attack was charged or something.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Not in one attack imo
Given long enough time, likely.

We have enough feats and character statements to say that he can destroy a universe. Everytime he fights, universe is endangered.

But Zeno's instant universe Erasure is implied a big deal for even beerus so I don't think he can do it like Freeza blowing up a planet
I think the important difference is between erasing the universe completely like Zeno can or just destroying everything in it

Juub
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Juub » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:09 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If Cell can potentially destroy the solar system with single Kamehameha, then Beerus, who is very much FAR stronger than him, is very much capable of dong damage on a much larger scale than him. I mean, he did cancel out punches that produced shock-waves powerful enough to turn the universe into a null void.
I agree Beerus can destroy a universe but using Cell is a bad argument. A solar system is basically a drop in an ocean compared to a universe. Possibly even less. Not even a comparison.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 am

I finally found exactly what I was looking for.

That there is a Universe busting attack and it was created by Super Saiyan God Goku's Kamehameha and Beerus' (who was suppressing himself to near Goku's level) energy blast.

So it's really a question of if Beerus at full power could produce a blast more powerful than that. To which the answer should be yes, easily.

Ideally anyone who is over twice as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku should be able to.

Juub
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Juub » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Bullza wrote:I finally found exactly what I was looking for.

That there is a Universe busting attack and it was created by Super Saiyan God Goku's Kamehameha and Beerus' (who was suppressing himself to near Goku's level) energy blast.

So it's really a question of if Beerus at full power could produce a blast more powerful than that. To which the answer should be yes, easily.

Ideally anyone who is over twice as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku should be able to.
Even easier than that. It was said Champa and Beerus clashing would destroy U6 and U7 and they are pretty equal. 2/2=1. Quick math.