If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am

Wouldnt Cell indirectly receive God Ki Permanently in his body?

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Re: If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Post by Liquir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:28 am

That is a good idea for another movie. They bring back Cell, but now the small flying robots collect samples from gods of Destruction and possibly other fighters from Other Universes and create Stronger Cell.
A few stated this theory even for the Universe 4 insects, that currently they are observing and collecting data from all fighters in the Tournament , just like the case with Cell, and latter they will fuse and create a Warrior with all the powers of the Fighters in the Tournament.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 am

Liquir wrote:That is a good idea for another movie. They bring back Cell, but now the small flying robots collect samples from gods of Destruction and possibly other fighters from Other Universes and create Stronger Cell.
ooh.. Now we have the plotline for DB 2018 movie...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 am

I reckon he would have been monstrously strong.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I reckon he would have been monstrously strong.
I'm starting to see a pattern in your answers... and that pattern is "useless"

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am

DSB wrote:ooh.. Now we have the plotline for DB 2018 movie...
Many consider Cell to be the best Villain ( including myself ), so it could be a success in theaters.
Cell deserves a chance as well to appear in DBS. All DBZ Villains did. Majin Buu, Evil Buu ( Uub Reincarnated will appear in DBS ), Frieza twice brought back, Captain Ginyu...

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am

Liquir wrote:
DSB wrote:ooh.. Now we have the plotline for DB 2018 movie...
Many consider Cell to be the best Villain ( including myself ), so it could be a success in theaters.
Cell deserves a chance as well to appear in DBS. All DBZ Villains did. Majin Buu, Evil Buu ( Uub Reincarnated will appear in DBS ), Frieza twice brought back, Captain Ginyu...
Eh, i believe Freeza is the best villain ever, ToP Freeza is just bliss

This kind of Storyline is the ONLY way bring Cell back. Also, they can bring in Android 21, working after Gero's death to collect more and more powerful cells, making a new Cell. SPC Returns and Absorbs the new Cell and insantly gains God Ki.. Kind of an Asspull but i do get it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 am

DSB wrote:
What exactly are you expecting in an answer with question like this? Do we have a estimation of how much stronger Beerus is compared to Cell? Do we now what the ratio would have been for Cell's growth in strength if had a small, medium or large portion of Beerus' cell in his body? Can God ki be transmitted to another person through cell transmission? Your question is incredibly front-loaded as the specifics for how Cell's body works, in conjunction with the composite DNA that were used to create him, are incredibly vague and undetermined to begin with. Not to mention the fundamentals of how users acquire God ki still unexplained.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am

Kinda useless.
Cell's supercomputer won't be able to comprehend beerus' cells. They would cancel out his powers
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

There is nothing yet to imply that Beerus' genetics are a factor in his current power. His species may be no more special than a Saiyan, of which we now have two so powerful that they are approaching the Gods of Destruction.

Cell was mostly terrifying because he took the natural power of Freeza, added in a greater ability to improve in battle, and then also regeneration. Unless we find out that Beerus in his youth was an EVEN GREATER GIFTED FIGHTER than Freeza, I'm not sure what he would really bring to the table.
DSB wrote:
The majority of your posts are so lacking that I've never even had the thought to acknowledge them previously (I only entered this thread when I saw that Lord Beeurs had posted, ironically). Try writing an actual point like I did above if you're going to take a different stance on the subject. Don't be a dick.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Duo wrote:There is nothing yet to imply that Beerus' genetics are a factor in his current power. His species may be no more special than a Saiyan, of which we now have two so powerful that they are approaching the Gods of Destruction.

Cell was mostly terrifying because he took the natural power of Freeza, added in a greater ability to improve in battle, and then also regeneration. Unless we find out that Beerus in his youth was an EVEN GREATER GIFTED FIGHTER than Freeza, I'm not sure what he would really bring to the table.
DSB wrote:
The majority of your posts are so lacking that I've never even had the thought to acknowledge them previously (I only entered this thread when I saw that Lord Beeurs had posted, ironically). Try writing an actual point like I did above if you're going to take a different stance on the subject. Don't be a dick.
Thank you Duo.

I'll try to answer this question with the consideration of the points I brought up in my previous post:
What exactly are you expecting in an answer with a question like this? Do we have a estimation of how much stronger Beerus is compared to Cell? Do we know what the ratio would have been for Cell's growth in strength if had a small, medium or large portion of Beerus' cell in his body? Can God ki be transmitted to another person through cell transmission? Your question is incredibly front-loaded as the specifics for how Cell's body works, in conjunction with the composite DNA that were used to create him, are incredibly vague and undetermined to begin with. Not to mention the fundamentals of how users acquire God ki still unexplained.
While also taking into consideration what we know about Cell's biology and how it works in the original story.

So, given the fact that Beerus is at the very least dozens of times much stronger than Cell, even without the knowledge of just how strong he is when he goes all out, I would estimate that Cell strength would grow several hundred fold given that the supercomputer that created Cell composed his DNA mainly from the warriors that had the greatest attributes and power.

In addition, I would imagine that any knowledge that Beerus gained from Whis, including the study of Self-Movement, the utilization of Godly Ki and pseudo-magic/sorcery (Beerus did using a sealing spell of some sort to trap Elder Kai in a sword), could be automatically bestowed upon Cell and also grant him an incredible extra advantage in battle. And that's even taking into consideration Beerus' Hakai ability.

But of course how much DNA and data that Dr Gero's spy-robot manages gather when taking Beerus into account can cause a considerable variation to how gifted Cell could turn out to be. If not enough data is gathered on Beerus or not enough DNA is accumulated, it could severely limit the library of techniques at Cell's disposal. I mean, Cell knew how to perform a Kamehameha and thought he could possibly even perform a Genki Dama. But then again, Cell seemed to be quite perturbed by the idea that Piccolo could just tear of his air and regenerate it, implying that, despite having Piccolo's DNA, he either didn't know regeneration was a trait of Piccolo's DNA by virtue of his race's abilities. Or he didn't have the full understanding of the mechanics behind Piccolo's regeneration ability. Not to mention he had no idea about the idea of "Zenkai" power or the Kaioken, despite most of his DNA being composed of Saiyans. But despite that Cell had the knowledge of the bulked Super Saiyan forms. Which actually doesn't make sense considering that Dr Gero's spy-robot stopped collecting data after the brief skirmish with the Mecha Freeza, King Cold, remnants of Freeza's army and Future Trunks. But that's a story for another day. :)

So in short, yeah, Cell could potentially be an unstoppable monster if he had some of Beerus' DNA inside of him. But terms and conditions apply.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

I don't think much about the power system in this series, but I just wanted to point out that there may be a connection with an original JPN episode title:

Dragon Ball Z #160 "Battle Power Infinity!! Birth of the God of Destruction Named Cell"

That's... a lot of Powaa!!

Yes, that is the actual episode title. When the Cell thing didn't work out (too young and inexperienced), Beerus must have inherited the official title of Hakaishin by default. Super retconned this by having us believe that Beerus has been the GoD all along. Perhaps Super will revisit this whole fiasco...

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Duo wrote:There is nothing yet to imply that Beerus' genetics are a factor in his current power. His species may be no more special than a Saiyan, of which we now have two so powerful that they are approaching the Gods of Destruction.

DSB wrote: I'm starting to see a pattern in your answers... and that pattern is "useless"
Thank you Duo.

I'll try to answer this question with the consideration of the points I brought up in my previous post:
What exactly are you expecting in an answer with a question like this? Do we have a estimation of how much stronger Beerus is compared to Cell? Do we know what the ratio would have been for Cell's growth in strength if had a small, medium or large portion of Beerus' cell in his body? Can God ki be transmitted to another person through cell transmission? Your question is incredibly front-loaded as the specifics for how Cell's body works, in conjunction with the composite DNA that were used to create him, are incredibly vague and undetermined to begin with. Not to mention the fundamentals of how users acquire God ki still unexplained.
While also taking into consideration what we know about Cell's biology and how it works in the original story.

So, given the fact that Beerus is at the very least dozens of times much stronger than Cell, even without the knowledge of just how strong he is when he goes all out, I would estimate that Cell strength would grow several hundred fold given that the supercomputer that created Cell composed his DNA mainly from the warriors that had the greatest attributes and power.

In addition, I would imagine that any knowledge that Beerus gained from Whis, including the study of Self-Movement, the utilization of Godly Ki and pseudo-magic/sorcery (Beerus did using a sealing spell of some sort to trap Elder Kai in a sword), could be automatically bestowed upon Cell and also grant him an incredible extra advantage in battle. And that's even taking into consideration Beerus' Hakai ability.

But of course how much DNA and data that Dr Gero's spy-robot manages gather when taking Beerus into account can cause a considerable variation to how gifted Cell could turn out to be. If not enough data is gathered on Beerus or not enough DNA is accumulated, it could severely limit the library of techniques at Cell's disposal. I mean, Cell knew how to perform a Kamehameha and thought he could possibly even perform a Genki Dama. But then again, Cell seemed to be quite perturbed by the idea that Piccolo could just tear of his air and regenerate it, implying that, despite having Piccolo's DNA, he either didn't know regeneration was a trait of Piccolo's DNA by virtue of his race's abilities. Or he didn't have the full understanding of the mechanics behind Piccolo's regeneration ability. Not to mention he had no idea about the idea of "Zenkai" power or the Kaioken, despite most of his DNA being composed of Saiyans. But despite that Cell had the knowledge of the bulked Super Saiyan forms. Which actually doesn't make sense considering that Dr Gero's spy-robot stopped collecting data after the brief skirmish with the Mecha Freeza, King Cold, remnants of Freeza's army and Future Trunks. But that's a story for another day. :)

So in short, yeah, Cell could potentially be an unstoppable monster if he had some of Beerus' DNA inside of him. But terms and conditions apply.
Beerus, you spend entire paragraphs saying "I agree with this statement." You have the highest post count of anyone...but 90% of it is utterly pointless because you're just saying you agree. Come on.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Thank you Duo.

But of course how much DNA and data that Dr Gero's spy-robot manages gather when taking Beerus into account can cause a considerable variation to how gifted Cell could turn out to be. If not enough data is gathered on Beerus or not enough DNA is accumulated, it could severely limit the library of techniques at Cell's disposal. I mean, Cell knew how to perform a Kamehameha and thought he could possibly even perform a Genki Dama. But then again, Cell seemed to be quite perturbed by the idea that Piccolo could just tear of his air and regenerate it, implying that, despite having Piccolo's DNA, he either didn't know regeneration was a trait of Piccolo's DNA by virtue of his race's abilities. Or he didn't have the full understanding of the mechanics behind Piccolo's regeneration ability. Not to mention he had no idea about the idea of "Zenkai" power or the Kaioken, despite most of his DNA being composed of Saiyans. But despite that Cell had the knowledge of the bulked Super Saiyan forms. Which actually doesn't make sense considering that Dr Gero's spy-robot stopped collecting data after the brief skirmish with Mecha Freeza, King Cold, remnants of Freeza's army and Future Trunks. But that's a story for another day. :)

Beerus, you spend entire paragraphs saying "I agree with this statement." You have the highest post count of anyone...but 90% of it is utterly pointless because you're just saying you agree. Come on.
I literally just said--

How can you tell tha--

Why would you even--

*sigh*

So much for a productive conversation. And to think I take time out of when I'm working 12-13 hours shifts in one of the busiest hospitals in Europe to still post on this forum. :|

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Call me overly-logical, but if Beerus' cells were included as part of the lore behind Cell's genetic makeup, it wouldn't have made him any stronger than he already was from a story perspective, due to the way Power is treated in DBZ; he would have been just as impossibly strong as before, and it would have been surpassed by SS2 Gohan to win the day.
Sailor Haumea wrote:Beerus, you spend entire paragraphs saying "I agree with this statement." You have the highest post count of anyone...but 90% of it is utterly pointless because you're just saying you agree. Come on.
Just because you agree with somebody doesn't mean you can't learn or deconstruct things.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote: Beerus, you spend entire paragraphs saying "I agree with this statement." You have the highest post count of anyone...but 90% of it is utterly pointless because you're just saying you agree. Come on.
Recognizing and building off of another person's discussion points stems from an attitude that an overwhelming number of users on this forum desperately need to adopt.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Duo wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote: Beerus, you spend entire paragraphs saying "I agree with this statement." You have the highest post count of anyone...but 90% of it is utterly pointless because you're just saying you agree. Come on.
Recognizing and building off of another person's discussion points stems from an attitude that an overwhelming number of users on this forum desperately need to adopt.
I agree. Under this logic the Constitution is just several old guys saying "I agree" and "makes sense".

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

I don't know how strong, but I bet he would have big green cat ears. Nya~.

Norio Wakamoto's voiced a cat before.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:42 pm

I don't know if just using his cells would grant a being his godly powers...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I don't know if just using his cells would grant a being his godly powers...
Logically you would think so; when Cell first showed up and powered up, half the cast were baffled as to why they were sensing Goku's ki, including Gohan who was with him at Kame House whilst he was recovering from the heart virus.