If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Re: If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Post by Xeztin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:17 am

I’d rather have a different villian all together as I dislike Cell. If it has to be a Cell 2.0 since I don’t know if Cell can be revived, I’d like him to be called Atom. A newer version of Cell. I felt like after he reached his perfect form his character was already dead. Freeza was good for me until the end and even now, Kid Boo brought something different to the table. I just don’t know, I guess Freeza and Boo were the sagas for me and Cell was kinda just there. Enjoyed the Saiyan arc too. That’s not to say the Cell saga didn’t introduce some cool moments and of Gohan, but it was the least liked arc of Z for me.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Dr Gero had access to Beerus' cells, how strong would Cell have turned out?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:38 am

KBABZ wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I don't know if just using his cells would grant a being his godly powers...
Logically you would think so; when Cell first showed up and powered up, half the cast were baffled as to why they were sensing Goku's ki, including Gohan who was with him at Kame House whilst he was recovering from the heart virus.
Yeah but I would think god ki and Hakaishin powers work differently...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I don't know if just using his cells would grant a being his godly powers...
Logically you would think so; when Cell first showed up and powered up, half the cast were baffled as to why they were sensing Goku's ki, including Gohan who was with him at Kame House whilst he was recovering from the heart virus.
Yeah but I would think god ki and Hakaishin powers work differently...
Well if I were to think of an "out", you could say that using his cells would carry over the "identity" aspect of his ki, but not the godly-ness itself.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:29 am

Beerus's power could go beyond cells and be more so his status as a destroyer(?) since Beerus is not a mortal.

Maybe Cell wouldn't turn out strong because he might turn out lazy like Beerus if he had Beerus's cells :lol:
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:52 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:Beerus's power could go beyond cells and be more so his status as a destroyer(?) since Beerus is not a mortal.

Maybe Cell wouldn't turn out strong because he might turn out lazy like Beerus if he had Beerus's cells :lol:
In terms of Cell's construction by Gero it felt very much to me like the Cells were gathered because they were strong fighters. This implies that it carries over their power, but I'm not so sure; you need to know how to use it (as proved by Captain Ginyu and the earlier Dragon Ball stories about using your strength effectively), so I'd very much imagine that Cell is in the same boat as Frieza: he's super-powerful as a base despite not having trained in his entire life (in that way, you might think of Cell as being a sort of pre-Fusion Fusion of his cellular sources, and a lack of training keeps it from getting too ridiculous).

I also agree on the idea that Beerus' power would go beyond cells. Everything in the Kaio realms often outright defies normal logic and goes right into being magic, so just grabbing the cells of Beerus or Kaioshin wouldn't be effective in getting their strength because they're so out-there and alien compared to mortal lifeforms.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 am

KBABZ wrote:
Duo wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote: Beerus, you spend entire paragraphs saying "I agree with this statement." You have the highest post count of anyone...but 90% of it is utterly pointless because you're just saying you agree. Come on.
Recognizing and building off of another person's discussion points stems from an attitude that an overwhelming number of users on this forum desperately need to adopt.
I agree. Under this logic the Constitution is just several old guys saying "I agree" and "makes sense".
I can't typically bring myself to put a lot of effort into posts to begin with, but if I ever manage to strike upon a good point, Lord Beerus often swings in and reforms my intoxicated ramblings into a coherent and thoughtful presentation.

Still waiting for somebody to counter my point about the fact Beerus' cells added to Cell probably wouldn't matter very much, though.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:34 am

Duo wrote:Still waiting for somebody to counter my point about the fact Beerus' cells added to Cell probably wouldn't matter very much, though.
Not really countering at all, but I mentioned before that in the mechanics of Power Creep, adding Beerus' cells wouldn't have mattered since SS2 is by default the thing that beats Cell. And at the same time, Buu would have been more powerful by the same measure. To use another example, if Beerus was introduced before Cell, both Cell and Buu would likely have been more powerful simply due to the Power Creep hierarchy.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am

KBABZ wrote:
Duo wrote:Still waiting for somebody to counter my point about the fact Beerus' cells added to Cell probably wouldn't matter very much, though.
Not really countering at all, but I mentioned before that in the mechanics of Power Creep, adding Beerus' cells wouldn't have mattered since SS2 is by default the thing that beats Cell. And at the same time, Buu would have been more powerful by the same measure. To use another example, if Beerus was introduced before Cell, both Cell and Buu would likely have been more powerful simply due to the Power Creep hierarchy.
While I do strongly agree with all of that, this section is titled "in-universe" discussion, which means having to logic these things out playing by the established rules. Therefore, we have to take Beerus as he is, overpoweringly awesome and all.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am

Duo wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
While I do strongly agree with all of that, this section is titled "in-universe" discussion, which means having to logic these things out playing by the established rules. Therefore, we have to take Beerus as he is, overpoweringly awesome and all.
Then he would have smashed Gohan into paste and we'd all be doomed.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Duo wrote:
KBABZ wrote: Not really countering at all, but I mentioned before that in the mechanics of Power Creep, adding Beerus' cells wouldn't have mattered since SS2 is by default the thing that beats Cell. And at the same time, Buu would have been more powerful by the same measure. To use another example, if Beerus was introduced before Cell, both Cell and Buu would likely have been more powerful simply due to the Power Creep hierarchy.
Then he would have smashed Gohan into paste and we'd all be doomed.
To quote myself:

"There is nothing yet to imply that Beerus' genetics are a factor in his current power. His species may be no more special than a Saiyan, of which we now have two so powerful that they are approaching the Gods of Destruction.

Cell was mostly terrifying because he took the natural power of Freeza, added in a greater ability to improve in battle, and then also regeneration. Unless we find out that Beerus in his youth was an EVEN GREATER GIFTED FIGHTER than Freeza, I'm not sure what he would really bring to the table."

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:21 pm

I think the question really is...does Gero's machine copy the raw power of the fighters at point in which their cells were taken?
Is newborn Cell: pre-ROF Freeza + Cold + Saiyan arc Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo in power? Is that how it works?
If the answer is yes then could Gero's machine withstand the raw power of Beerus and apply the strength to Cell? Or would it need far superior hardware to compete its goal?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Liquir wrote:That is a good idea for another movie. They bring back Cell, but now the small flying robots collect samples from gods of Destruction and possibly other fighters from Other Universes and create Stronger Cell.
A few stated this theory even for the Universe 4 insects, that currently they are observing and collecting data from all fighters in the Tournament , just like the case with Cell, and latter they will fuse and create a Warrior with all the powers of the Fighters in the Tournament.
Would rather they use Mira if they go that route. Just have Towa collecting the various fighters DNA, Mira could potentially gain more personality, and is basically a demon android version of Cell anyway. Could also have her implant some into herself to explain her "darkness" and "demon god" transformations.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:39 pm

KBABZ wrote:I also agree on the idea that Beerus' power would go beyond cells. Everything in the Kaio realms often outright defies normal logic and goes right into being magic, so just grabbing the cells of Beerus or Kaioshin wouldn't be effective in getting their strength because they're so out-there and alien compared to mortal lifeforms.
Except that Beerus was once mortal, as the GoDs are chosen and elevated to their position, not born into it. So while the cells of Shin or Whis might not be useful, presumably Beerus' would be.

We've also been explicitly shown that mortals can develop god ki (Goku and Vegeta), and handle hakai energy (Frieza). So neither is off the table for Cell.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Tyrannosaurus

Post by Tyrannosaurus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 am

Nah I kinda think Beerus would be kinda pissed that Cell used some of his own cells. And with Cells cocky attitude, he’d probably get Hakai’ed just like how Frieza will be after the ToP. Both two cocky bastards in front of Beerus, someone who can literally destroy you with a word. Frieza is getting extremely cocky with the current situation thinking he can manipulate and overthrow fucking GoDs and Angels that are astronomically more powerful than him. Heck Beerus could flick Golden Frieza with his full power and Frieza would be disorientated at the least. We have yet to see Beerus at full power and yet to see the extent to which he has mastered Ultra Instinct. Cell is just Freeza's cockiness doubled, Cell would get Hakai’ed the instant he saw Beerus.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Beerus' cells aside(because I don't think they'd do a thing for him), Cell could have logically become one of the most powerful characters in the franchise, imo. Think about it: he already possesses the power(and latent potential) of: Freeza + King Cold + Goku + Vegeta (etc. etc.) Moreover, DBS has shown us just how damned far the aforementioned beings can push their powers -- look what Freeza was able to accomplish with a mere 4 MONTHS of training, ffs.

So yeah, given Cell's theoretical potential, in conjunction with his displays of power during the arc/saga itself(ie. extreme & borderline illogical powerups), I see no reason why he couldn't reach the same peaks that Freeza and the Saiyans have... Maybe even greater. /shrug

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Cell has already be reincarnated so it's dead for him to resurrected. :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu