Would Ultimate Goku be as strong as UI Goku, in terms of power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Would Ultimate Goku be as strong as UI Goku, in terms of power?

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Remember Old Kai offering goku to unlock his potential? So if UI Goku managed to get his full potential out, wouldn't it mean that Ultimate Goku would be just as strong as UI Goku, minus the UI itself?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: Would Ultimate Goku be as strong as UI Goku, in terms of power?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:23 am

I don't think the spirit bomb that powered up Goku was that strong.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:33 am

No..
UI Goku isn't a thing, UI is a skill anyone can learn, what we saw in 110 was Goku using UI with the spirit bomb as a temporary source of power because he had none left..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:11 am

Ki Breaker wrote:No..
UI Goku isn't a thing, UI is a skill anyone can learn, what we saw in 110 was Goku using UI with the spirit bomb as a temporary source of power because he had none left..
EVERYONE said theres a sharp increase in Goku's strength and Speed. UI Omen is the form. Ui is the skill.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am

I thought that Ultra Instincts should have its own equivalent in the manga as Ultimate Goku. He could then use Kaioken x10/20 on top. Since the manga has only given Trunks a powered up SSJ2, when the anime made it a new form, Goku is probably getting something grounded too.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:18 am

Ki Breaker wrote:No..
If that was the case, everyone who can use Ultra Instict would get white eyes, they would emmit intense heat from their bodies, and they would have a terrifying calm ki.

But that is not the case. If it was, Whis, the Daishinkan and everyone else wouldn't make any assumptions, It would have been balantly obvious that Goku was using Ultra Instict, like it's balantly obvious that Goku is using Super Saiyan or Kaio-ken. But it wasn't, they assumed that Goku was using Ultra Instict from the way he was fighting, not the way he looked or his ki felt, and even now they are still not 100% sure if this was actually Ultra Instict. We have seen Whis & Beerus using Ultra Instict before, and they don't "activate" it by changing like Goku. Goku also became massively stronger on top of learning Ultra Instict, much more powerful than he was as a Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken x20 or his U7 Genki Dama.

So yes, Ultra Instict is a technique that anyone can learn through training. But Goku's Ultra Instict "Omen" state is unique to him, there is no question to that. It could be a Saiyan-only thing, a new form that gives Goku the ability to use Ultra Instict (just like Super Saiyan God gives Goku godly ki), but I think we should wait for more information first before drawing any more conclusions.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 am

Whis did call Goku's experience of acquiring UI as breaking into new depths of his potential, something similarly achieved by Ultimate so I think you can make a case for an Ultimate Goku being power wise on par or close to UI. Minus his body moving on its own, of course.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:45 pm

It really depends on how much stronger UI Omen Goku became. Elder Kaioshin's potential unlock is described as elevating a fighter's power "way, way out" above their limits. A hypothetical Ultimate Goku might be stronger than UI Goku. However, I recall Gohan's boost and compared with how much power he obtained next to his Super Saiyan 2 state, I'm a bit skeptical. Gohan's potential unlock in the Buu arc was extreme, but I don't think it raised quite to the same depths that would be needed to take someone of SSJB Goku's calibre all the way to Beerus Hakaishin tier.

If Goku can still use the Kaioken after his potential has been unlocked then it might be another story. You might be looking at a guy who has broken through the glass ceiling into angel tier.