Are The Angels Plotting Something?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Are The Angels Plotting Something?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 am

Not to say that they're evil or anything sinister, but do you suppose that the angels are implementing some unseen plan that is going unnoticed by both Zeno, their guards, and the majority of inhabitants throughout the universes?
A few clues include: Daishinkan emanating some sort of light to the backs of the twin Zeno in DBS's current intro, Mojito smiling upon the erasure of U9 despite him seemingly having cared for his appointed universe, Cus feeling regret over Rumsshi in a manner as if she was sacrificing him, and some of the angels being cryptic in general.
Is there something that only the angels seem to know?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Are The Angels Plotting Something?

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:36 am

Mojito seemed more annoyed with his universe than anything else, hating the indecisiveness of Sidra and Rou's general attitude, so between those two and how the universe in general "was", his smile seemed to be more one of relief that he didn't have to work with them anymore than anything that one could consider "plotting".

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 am

Darkprince410 wrote:Mojito seemed more annoyed with his universe than anything else, hating the indecisiveness of Sidra and Rou's general attitude, so between those two and how the universe in general "was", his smile seemed to be more one of relief that he didn't have to work with them anymore than anything that one could consider "plotting".
Maybe he's happy that a plot is going according to plan and losing his unneeded servitude to U9?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:25 am

theherodjl wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:Mojito seemed more annoyed with his universe than anything else, hating the indecisiveness of Sidra and Rou's general attitude, so between those two and how the universe in general "was", his smile seemed to be more one of relief that he didn't have to work with them anymore than anything that one could consider "plotting".
Maybe he's happy that a plot is going according to plan and losing his unneeded servitude to U9?
Or... Mohito doesn’t like Sidra or Roh (which is confirmed and apparent in episodes)

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 am

Meshack wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Or... Mohito doesn’t like Sidra or Roh (which is confirmed and apparent in episodes)
Why can't it be both?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:14 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Meshack wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Why can't it be both?
Because one is stupid (the Guide Angels plotting) and one is logical (Mohito not liking Sidra and Roh)

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:40 am

Meshack wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Meshack wrote: Or... Mohito doesn’t like Sidra or Roh (which is confirmed and apparent in episodes)
Why can't it be both?
Because one is stupid (the Guide Angels plotting) and one is logical (Mohito not liking Sidra and Roh)
Okay, and?
Calling a theory "stupid" isn't a critique, there is minor, subtle evidence to back the theory given but dismissing it as not being "logical" because its not brazenly obvious is hardly an argument.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 am

theherodjl wrote:
Meshack wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Why can't it be both?
Okay, and?
Calling a theory "stupid" isn't a critique, there is minor, subtle evidence to back the theory given but dismissing it as not being "logical" because its not brazenly obvious is hardly an argument.
There’s nothing that suggests they are plotting something.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Meshack wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Meshack wrote: Because one is stupid (the Guide Angels plotting) and one is logical (Mohito not liking Sidra and Roh)
Okay, and?
There’s nothing that suggests they are plotting something.
Because...?
You're not putting forth a strong argument, you're denying that the theory has credence without explaining why.
I have brought forth various points to suggest that there may be something to the angel's actions that would play out in future events, please tell me why these points are invalid without just saying "nope, sorry, I don't agree, you're wrong".

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Discussion over, I guess.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 am

Meshack wrote:Discussion over, I guess.
There wasn't really a discussion to begin with, can you provide a rebuttal for why the angels are not planning events?
Is Daikaishin not performing some sort of strange action in the intro? Is Mojito not in on the head angel's actions in addition to disliking Roh & Sidra? What about Cus? Are the strange statements & behaviors of the angels just them acting otherworldly or do they have something else in mind?
Tell me how this is not evidence?

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:13 am

I don't think *all* of the Angels are plotting against Zeno, but I definitely think *Daishinkan* is... Frankly, I'll be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be the proverbial 'big bad' when this event wraps up. /shrug

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:11 pm

The Angels? No. The Grand Priest? Definitely maybe.

Mojito's reaction seemed to be one of relief. U9 was acknowledged as being a shit / ghetto universe, Sidra as not terribly competent, and Rou was an asshole.

Cus seemed saddened by the demise of U10. We know Gowasu was a nice old guy, from the previous arc.

Anyways, it's a far more interesting story if the Grand Priest is a villain, but the Angels aren't necessarily with him. More drama, choosing of sides, maybe some sweet Angel vs. Angel battles, etc.

For example, what would Whis do? He's certainly aloof, but seems to have some affection for Beerus and the Z-fighters. What about Vados? She seems to look down on Champa. She could go either way. What about Marcarita? If Jiren is stronger than Vermouth (confirmed in the manga), we could see a battle between those two.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 am

I kinda hope there's a subplot of the angels going rogue. Especially how the U9 gave no fucks for his universe being wiped. The angels would certainly make for a challenge to Goku's Ultra Instinct after all.