What if Super Saiyan Rage was just Trunks breaking through his potential like Goku did w/ Ultra Instinct?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What if Super Saiyan Rage was just Trunks breaking through his potential like Goku did w/ Ultra Instinct?

Post by DSB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:54 am

Here's my theory:

Trunks is Vegeta's son so he has LOTS of Potential. Maybe more than even Gohan[ weirdly unlike Gohan, his potential was never discussed or shown]. Plus he's also a Hybrid.

Now what if Trunks actually broke through his Potential like UI Goku did? Its always shown that Rage can bring out potential power. Also, since Trunks was already a SSj, maybe his new power got adjusted into the SSj form instead of a new Silver eyed Transformation.

Thoughts?

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What if Super Saiyan Ikari was just Trunks breaking through his Potential like UI Goku did?

Post by Desassina » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:23 am

It came out of nowhere, and it had better go without explanation, but if it needs one, then I had rather say that he inherited his father's enraged state, and brought it under control with a blue aura representing his calm spirit.

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What if Super Saiyan Ikari was just Trunks breaking through his Potential like UI Goku did?

Post by hunduel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Desassina wrote:It came out of nowhere, and it had better go without explanation, but if it needs one, then I had rather say that he inherited his father's enraged state, and brought it under control with a blue aura representing his calm spirit.
I simply think that Hybrid Saiyans have the potential to tap "rage"-based forms because they are more emotional psychologically than Pure Saiyans. Gohan was a great example of this in original DBZ, and I think it is no different from this case. What makes it so strange is that it's the first time we see Trunks like this, but the moment you realize all the crap he had to experience in his life, it is somewhat justified.

But that's just my two cents.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:25 pm

I think that we had better treat their abilities like they were character exclusive for the given moment instead of making a general rule. Trunks and Goten were also half-lings, but their potential was never spoken about, nor did future Trunks have a rage boost. It was something exclusive to Gohan, until it showed up on Vegeta, and it was passed on to his son. It's consistent with the way that DB Super portrays itself, as something that continues the original Dragon Ball manga, but works on its own as a separate product. The people who may have started with DB Super won't know about Gohan's early anger issues, because the only thing that has been consistently well written about him is Gohan's potential, as something that he could unleash through anger or by training. Given that, someone else had to take the mantle, for something that became a recurring theme - anger issues.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:29 pm

I think based on visuals, its a perfected USSJ state where he can have the power without losing speed

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Gowasu implied by his question that Trunks power up was due to rage.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:37 am

I've always liked the idea that it's the next level up from Vegeta's "mutated SSj2" during the fight with Beerus, since both are ludicrously huge rage-driven boosts in power that came seemingly out of nowhere. Maybe they're even forms exclusive to Vegeta's bloodline or something, since it does seem like they're now introducing unique forms for certain Saiyans what with the Broly-like one in the 6th Universe.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 am

I’m pretty sure Gowasu would have said something if it was.