Godly Ki Shakes The Universe, Not Normal Ki.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Godly Ki Shakes The Universe, Not Normal Ki.

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:47 pm

I once made a thread that questioned the sudden disappearance of universe-threatening effects after SSJG Goku & Beerus' battle and hypothesized that it was the the result of Beerus' Hakaishin power having been splashed around by hand to hand combat with Goku, however it was never such stated that was the reason so now I have a new hypothesis. It is actually the clashing powers of godly Ki in general that is capable of shaking the universe, Beerus & Goku are a god and a mortal with the power of a god.
Think of all the other fights that have occurred since and observed that the effects of such bouts have never again recreated the result of Beerus & Goku's battle, I believe this is because almost all of the new opponents that have appeared were either not gods and/or did not have the true power of a god but just incredible ordinary Ki.
Golden Freeza was the next big fighter to show up but he hadn't discovered a god form but a new form that pulled out his latent power enough to match a god's in raw power, however he has not actually been stated to have godly Ki nor has he been able to replicate the massive shockwaves that Beerus & Goku did. If he could then why didn't he? Freeza is unlikely one to hold back such power because he has no regard for anyone of anything besides himself, he wouldn't prevent himself from scaring everyone or follow some rules of safety by suddenly being like "Oh hey, I also learned how to create gigantic shockwaves in my golden form but I'm not going to because I worry about the universe." I surmise that Freeza can't replicate the feat because he simply can't, otherwise it would have shown up in some way in his fight with two Saiyans with godly power. His best destructive feat was destroying the Earth with no implication that he had or was going to put the universe in danger, so either Freeza doesn't know that he can produce universe destroying shockwaves or he doesn't have the right kind of power to do so.
Then we turn to the universe 6 & 7 tournament, many powerful fighters from beyond the main universe however only one of them, being Hit, could match either godly form of Goku & Vegeta. Unfortunately once more, Hit was not a being with godly Ki(as far as I know) rather he just has an enormous amount of ordinary Ki with a very unique set of abilities. He still couldn't produce universe shaking waves from any of his attacks.
Finally we have Zamasu, he was an actual god but not necessarily a Hakaishin rather more of a Kaioshin with immense Ki. Having stolen Goku's body Black was able to replicate the latent power of the Saiyan in a seemingly pseudo-SSJB form known as SSJ Rose, but still no universe destroying shockwaves could be emitted which might be indication that SSJR isn't a true god form but something very powerful. In the end though, even Zamasu fused with Black might have been two very strong beings with immense power, one having a Saiyans power, it still did not constitute to the godly powers that Beerus & Goku possessed.
Now that the tournament of power is happening in a void outside of the universes then there is no danger of a universe being destroyed, thus ends the chain of events that could result in U7's destruction from powerful shockwaves...so far anyways.
What do you guys think?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Godly Ki Shakes The Universe, Not Normal Ki.

Post by Pantalones » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:27 am

Well, Freeza can't rule the universe if he accidentally destroys it. Maybe he could trigger these shockwaves but just didn't want to, preferring to focus all his power on Goku and not letting much leak out into the surrounding area (at least beyond the rocks and such of their battlefield.)

But yeah, it does sometime seem like there's implications that universe-destroying shockwaves like what we saw from SSj God Goku vs. Beerus had something to do with two massive amounts of godly ki clashing together without being careful about it (due to Goku not knowing how at first, and Beerus just not caring enough either way.) There's also the statement about Beerus and Champa being able to destroy both their universes just by fighting all-out, which sounds like a similar situation (but on a bigger scale since they're nearly equal with each other and would be using their full power rather than either of them having to hold back.) Golden Freeza might be powerful enough to destroy the entire universe or at least a large portion of it, but he'd have to do it in a more direct way rather than having it just be a side-effect of him fighting too carelessly.

As for Black/Zamasu and especially Merged Zamasu, maybe they did cause those universe-wrecking shockwaves... that battle was focused entirely on Earth, after all, and we never saw what might've been going on in the rest of the universe. For all we know, the rest of the 7th Universe could've already been in pretty rough shape by the time Zamasu went into "spooky faces in the sky" mode and then Zen'oh erased the entire timeline. Another possibility I see is that maybe the only reason why those shockwaves didn't happen is because Goku, Vegeta, and Black were all using SSj Blue or Rosé which was a Blue-like form. The Blue form is defined by super precise ki control (hence Goku being able to use Kaio-ken with it, unlike even the "mastered" form of regular Super Saiyan), which sounds to me like the exact sort of thing that would be really good for preventing massive waves of power leaking out and destroying everything around you.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:58 am

The shockwaves were on Goku's part I believe, Super Saiyan Rose has been stated to be true god version of a super saiyan god super saiyan.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:10 pm

I've all but given up on trying to figure out how that shockwave stuff works. My best guess is that it has something to do with Hakaishins but I'm not sure.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:37 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:The shockwaves were on Goku's part I believe, Super Saiyan Rose has been stated to be true god version of a super saiyan god super saiyan.
SSJ Rose has also been described as SSJ of a different color and Zamasu's own variant of SSJ, with more than one official statement regarding the nature of SSJR it is kinda difficult to pinpoint which is the most authoritative source on the matter. I guess its just up to fans to determine whichever one has the most accurate intention.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I've all but given up on trying to figure out how that shockwave stuff works. My best guess is that it has something to do with Hakaishins but I'm not sure.
That's what I thought at first but Goku is clearly not a Hakaishin though still a godly being thanks to a transformation, I like to imagine that god Ki is sort of an ability as well with how only Beerus & SSJB Goku in U7 are able to use the Hakai technique...however Whis might know it too. There may be something more to god Ki beyond ordinary Ki users being unable to sense it.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:15 pm

It doesn't really matter when the narrator explicitly states that SSJ Goku and Beerus are hitting each other again and again with the power to destroy the universe and Goku punching out a universal blast.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:50 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:It doesn't really matter when the narrator explicitly states that SSJ Goku and Beerus are hitting each other again and again with the power to destroy the universe and Goku punching out a universal blast.
It was SSJG Goku, not SSJ Goku.
And they both have the power of gods which is said by Goku to be on a whole other level, the latest chapter of the manga even has other Hakaishin amazed by SSJG's power by stating "Its the presence of a god!" along with a massive bright wave accompanying it. In comparison the Hakaishin had nothing special to offer about Goku being SSJ3 along with his god power being mostly latent, it certainly does matter when there is such a hype between the forms both visually and through speech.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:51 pm

theherodjl wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:The shockwaves were on Goku's part I believe, Super Saiyan Rose has been stated to be true god version of a super saiyan god super saiyan.
SSJ Rose has also been described as SSJ of a different color and Zamasu's own variant of SSJ, with more than one official statement regarding the nature of SSJR it is kinda difficult to pinpoint which is the most authoritative source on the matter. I guess its just up to fans to determine whichever one has the most accurate intention.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I've all but given up on trying to figure out how that shockwave stuff works. My best guess is that it has something to do with Hakaishins but I'm not sure.
That's what I thought at first but Goku is clearly not a Hakaishin though still a godly being thanks to a transformation, I like to imagine that god Ki is sort of an ability as well with how only Beerus & SSJB Goku in U7 are able to use the Hakai technique...however Whis might know it too. There may be something more to god Ki beyond ordinary Ki users being unable to sense it.
Rosé is obviously not Black’s Super Saiyan. It’s explained in the manga but not in the anime