Majin Boo Never Attacked Android 17, So 17 Decided Not To Attack Majin Boo?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Majin Boo Never Attacked Android 17, So 17 Decided Not To Attack Majin Boo?

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 am

theherodjl wrote: The Tournament of Power arc happens like one year after Majin Boo's defeat, the DBS anime retconned the whole "many years after Majin Boo" setting that the BOG & ROF films portrayed into being set not long after the Boo arc.
I would agree that 17 could be a lot weaker a year prior, however he would still be stronger than Super Boo if he was even as strong as current Base Goku at the point of Boo's attack.
I don't recall the series at any point stating specific years, since Majin Buu that would indicate a retcon and even then in the series we have confirmed and implied timeskips like Freeza's 4 months of training and all the Dragon Ball usage.
Furthermore given the meager 4 months Freeza had to get from his original power, it's not hard to imagine #17 could also get stupidly powerful within a short timeframe too.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 am

dbgtFO wrote:I don't recall the series at any point stating specific years, since Majin Buu that would indicate a retcon and even then in the series we have confirmed and implied timeskips like Freeza's 4 months of training and all the Dragon Ball usage.
Furthermore given the meager 4 months Freeza had to get from his original power, it's not hard to imagine #17 could also get stupidly powerful within a short timeframe too.
We at least know its been some time over a year, the balls were used twice within 4 months of each other for info on SSJG and Freeza's revival and then a year after the first(or second?) wish they were used again to cure Baby Pan's fever. It also fits in that Pan was carried through conception to birth and then Bra was also conceived and born within the events of DBS. The films on the otherhand had established that it had been 5 years since Majin Boo's defeat instead of simply "many months" that DBS has estimated, though the films are non-canon to Super's timeline.
I would like to think that 17 had been in training for the whole 8 years since the Cell Games, no doubt he has a great degree of potential so it's likely his power multiplied some amount of times greater each and every year up to the present. It seems unlikely that he would only train a little or just now start serious training after all he had been through, even being 100 times weaker from a year to a year and a half earlier wound still have him stronger than Super Boo.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am

theherodjl wrote:We at least know its been some time over a year, the balls were used twice within 4 months of each other for info on SSJG and Freeza's revival and then a year after the first(or second?) wish they were used again to cure Baby Pan's fever. It also fits in that Pan was carried through conception to birth and then Bra was also conceived and born within the events of DBS. The films on the otherhand had established that it had been 5 years since Majin Boo's defeat instead of simply "many months" that DBS has estimated, though the films are non-canon to Super's timeline.
I would like to think that 17 had been in training for the whole 8 years since the Cell Games, no doubt he has a great degree of potential so it's likely his power multiplied some amount of times greater each and every year up to the present. It seems unlikely that he would only train a little or just now start serious training after all he had been through, even being 100 times weaker from a year to a year and a half earlier wound still have him stronger than Super Boo.
The movies don't mention specific years either. We got the information from guides and extrapolating Beerus' stated sleep time and holding it up against the official timeline.
And in the newest official timeline on display in the summer in Japan it was the same timeline as always with the Super arcs taking place when they should.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:37 am

Yeah the androids can't sense ki like 16 can. if he needs to be near his level in DB Super at the time, then he was caught off guard while not powered up/braced for it. Maybe sleeping...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 pm

theherodjl wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:#17 may have only got stronger than Buu after Buu was already defeated. Afterall he's had 7 years before Buu and 6 years after to get to Blue level.
The Tournament of Power arc happens like one year after Majin Boo's defeat, the DBS anime retconned the whole "many years after Majin Boo" setting that the BOG & ROF films portrayed into being set not long after the Boo arc.
I would agree that 17 could be a lot weaker a year prior, however he would still be stronger than Super Boo if he was even as strong as current Base Goku at the point of Boo's attack.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Most likely. This or Boo somehow caught him off guard while killing the earthlings and killed him.
It has to be either I suppose, I imagine 17 was taking a nap and got struck. Really, why not? Ultimate Gohan was killed by Earth's destruction being unconscious so I guess 17 can die by too much R&R.
This is wrong on so many levels

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:04 pm

TobyS wrote:Yeah the androids can't sense ki like 16 can. if he needs to be near his level in DB Super at the time, then he was caught off guard while not powered up/braced for it. Maybe sleeping...
The Androids can sense Ki. No. 17 and No. 18 are human-based Androids so they can sense Ki. They even have genki. No. 16 cannot sense Ki because he is fully mechincal.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Meshack wrote:
TobyS wrote:Yeah the androids can't sense ki like 16 can. if he needs to be near his level in DB Super at the time, then he was caught off guard while not powered up/braced for it. Maybe sleeping...
The Androids can sense Ki. No. 17 and No. 18 are human-based Androids so they can sense Ki. They even have genki. No. 16 cannot sense Ki because he is fully mechincal.
No! A17 and A18 can't sense Ki...They said that Dr Gero didn't put the sensor on them because it wasn't necessary...A17 didn't know Imperfect Cell was stronger than him...A16 told him.

A17 and A18 can feel presence and locate by ki, but measure power by ki, they can't!
Vados Sama!