If Ben Ten became a Saiyan could he unlock its potential?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

If Ben Ten became a Saiyan could he unlock its potential?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Ben Tennyson, aka Ben 10, is a ten-year-old boy hero who received the Omnitrix, an alien biological computer that contains DNA from every alien being in the universe. With this computer he can access any alien form and transform into it temporarily.

So let's assume Saiyan DNA is in this device too. He can become a Saiyan, and maybe even a Super Saiyan!

But how effective would he be? Buu, Ginyu and Zamasu took Saiyan powers from a Saiyan body, but had some issues accessing its power. If only a Saiyan-born (full or half-blood) can access the powers/weaknesses of a Saiyan, then Ben would be inconvenienced or at least not gain much.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Ben Ten became a Saiyan could he unlock its potential?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Maybe if he stayed in that form for years and trained the whole time.

Probably not worth it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Exactly how strong a Ben 10 Saiyan form would be would depend on what sort of Saiyan the DNA came from, I suppose -- it seems like the main difference between the low-class and elite Saiyans is their power level at birth, so if he had the DNA of a Saiyan elite he'd potentially end up with a HUGE amount of strength (especially if he lucked out and had "super-elite" DNA like Vegeta or something.) Since he hasn't done DBZ-style training, he'd probably end up with the "default" adult level of power that a Saiyan with that DNA would've had after growing up on Planet Vegeta with its 10x gravity.

Even with low-class Saiyan DNA, I would expect him to end up somewhere in the range of Goku at the beginning of Z at least -- Raditz seemed surprised by how weak Goku was at the start of Z, so I assume a 400ish power level for an adult low-class Saiyan is unusually low. Maybe 600-800 is closer to "ordinary Saiyan who actually fought/trained in 10x gravity" level, since we know Raditz with his 1000+ PL has been hanging out with two stronger Saiyans and fighting alongside them on missions, so he's probably gotten stronger than the "average" low-class warrior over the years.

I would assume he'd need to learn how to use ki and possibly even do some regular martial arts training to really make full use of a Saiyan form, though, unless the transformation process also gave him knowledge of things like that which aren't really a "built-in" ability of the species but have to be learned. The impression I got from the episodes of various Ben 10 series I've seen is that when he transforms he gains inherent powers of a species and knows how to use those right away, but doesn't necessarily gain every possible ability that species could learn with practice (like languages, fighting techniques, how to play that species' games/sports, etc.) So he'd need to learn how to fire ki blasts, fly, etc. if he wanted to use those sorts of techniques, since they're not really inherent Saiyan powers so much as things that any species with ki, including humans, could learn. It's likely that he'd be able to pick them up pretty fast once he's aware of the possibility, though, since he has used other alien forms with flight and energy blasts before and the methods might be similar enough.

Of course, he'd be able to turn into a giant rampaging monkey with 10 times the base Saiyan form's power if the moon came out. On top of that, if he was seriously injured in Saiyan form and then healed, his Saiyan form would get even stronger, possibly by massive amounts. So even without martial arts or ki training, a Saiyan form might come in handy if he ever needed a HUGE amount of brute force and/or size -- the only big downside of Oozaru would be not being able to control himself in it, but aside from that I could see it completely overshadowing any other size/strength focused form, at least until somebody figured out to cut the tail (but then again, wouldn't it grow back every time he reverted to human and then returned to Saiyan form? so no need to wait for the tail to grow back.)

Super Saiyan is also a possibility if he manages to get enough near-death boosts and then gets really angry while in Saiyan form, though any of the forms beyond Super Saiyan would require so much training that I don't see it being very likely that he'd ever unlock them (but really... wouldn't just plain ol' Super Saiyan be more than enough? From what I've seen of Ben 10 I didn't get the impression that it was a series with a lot of planet-destroyers running around, if any.) I guess technically Super Saiyan God would be a possibility, using the ritual, if there were enough other Saiyans who'd cooperate. And since Saiyans basically just look like humans with spiky black hair, Saiyan form would have the advantage of being able to blend in with humans (just wrap the tail around like a belt or otherwise hide it and he wouldn't look visibly "alien" at all), which his other less-human-looking alien forms really can't do.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:07 am

If Ben had the ultramatrix with saiyan dna I think he could go ssj4.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 am

If it's by using the Prototype Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, then no because they have a time and energy limit (In AF's War of The Worlds Ben as Cannonbolt depleted all of the Omnitrix's energy, so he had to recharge it by turning back to human.)

If it's by using the OV Omnitrix, it's possible but the Life-Form lock function is too dangerous to use (For those who don't know, that function allows Ben to stay in alien form without time limit).

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Tian wrote:If it's by using the Prototype Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, then no because they have a time and energy limit (In AF's War of The Worlds Ben as Cannonbolt depleted all of the Omnitrix's energy, so he had to recharge it by turning back to human.)

If it's by using the OV Omnitrix, it's possible but the Life-Form lock function is too dangerous to use (For those who don't know, that function allows Ben to stay in alien form without time limit).
Ultramatrix and the original omnitrix had locks which is where the time limit came from. Ben could later learn to take these limits off but the OV Omnitrix came with the lock off.