How old is Freeza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How old is Freeza?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Freeza had ruled longer than Goku was alive. Goku was in his late-mid twenties when Trunks kills Freeza. How long would his species live if they manage to never have any run-ins with super saiyans?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

precita
Banned

Re: How old is Freeza?

Post by precita » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:51 pm

He could be anywhere from 100-1000 years old. We have no idea how long his race's natural lifespan is.

Nameks can live for hundreds of years as well.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:14 pm

A few hundred years old I guess
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Well, the last Super Saiyan before Goku was apparently around 1000 years ago. So it's probably a safe bet that Freeza isn't that old.

Also, I looked up the timeline and apparently Freeza had only made the Saiyans part of his army for around 6 years before Goku was born, though it seems like he was already in control of a good portion of the galaxy before that and had only just then gotten around to Planet Vegeta. It's hard to say just how old he is since we're given so little information, but if I had to guess I'd say he's probably no more than a hundred, and possibly a good bit younger than that.

Between being raised by King Cold (who it seems already had the whole evil-empire thing going before Freeza and just passed it on to his son) and his naturally super-high power he very well could've been going around threatening to blow planets up when he was 8 years old or something, so he could've come to the Saiyans after several years of conquering, when he was like... 15 and it would still work. He could've only been in his mid-40s when Goku first met him.

Now, King Cold on the other hand? I'd be willing to bet he's very old. Possibly 400+ years.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:29 pm

By human standards probably pretty old, but for his own terms Freeza always pegged me as young, especially compared to Cold.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:13 pm

I think SEG has his age on 50 years, or was that Dodoria/Zarbon? Anyway, he's likely pretty old. I think he still young for his total lifespan, though.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Considering how large and diverse his planet trading empire was at its peak, I'd say at least 500 years old.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:02 am

I don't get why people are listing such high numbers. Does Freeza really strike you as somebody who is mature and experienced? His naivety very well might be his most defining trait. Unfortunately he has to be pretty old for timeline reasons, like 40s -50s, but I would err on the lowest possible end.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 am

nickzambuto wrote:I don't get why people are listing such high numbers. Does Freeza really strike you as somebody who is mature and experienced? His naivety very well might be his most defining trait. Unfortunately he has to be pretty old for timeline reasons, like 40s -50s, but I would err on the lowest possible end.
How can that work? Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta when Goku was an baby. And Goku is 42 now. Do you really think Freeza was only 1-10 years old when he did that? Because he sure as hell didn't look that young in the FOG TV special when he nuked Planet Vegeta. Hell, even if you take the retcon of the date of when Planet Vegeta was destroyed in Dragon Ball Minus, Freeza is still way too young.

Plus, considering that he's very well acquainted with Beerus and his father was knowledgeable of Majin's Boo power, I'd say Freeza has been around for at least quite a while.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:39 pm

I'd say in the Namek arc, at the very least, in his 60's. He could range from 60 - 200.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 pm

I would imagine his race probably dies from old age since he wanted the Dragon Balls to be immortal and rule the Universe forever. I guess he is probably 70-100 years old.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:11 pm

nickzambuto wrote:I don't get why people are listing such high numbers. Does Freeza really strike you as somebody who is mature and experienced? His naivety very well might be his most defining trait. Unfortunately he has to be pretty old for timeline reasons, like 40s -50s, but I would err on the lowest possible end.
Champa is over 75 million years old and look how immature he is.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm

He had his dad with him after his fight against Goku (and his old brother in the movie)...And his father doesn't seemed to be old...So, in human numbers, Freeza would have arround 25-35 in Namek...And his father could have 45-55 years;

He and his father didn't knew the SSJ before Goku...Before that, the SSJ was just a legend...(obs: obviously his father didn't knew Boo. Boo was "alive" in the begining of time...He could just heared the rumors and talked to prevent Freeza)...So, the previous SSJ was alive in 1000 years past.

If the SSJ was just a legend, i can Imagine that Freeza's Grandpa didn't knew the SSJ too. If he knew, his father would know for sure that existance)...To become a legend for Freeza's Father, he could be born a long time after this...I could say 500 years later for example.

So his race could live more than 500 years...If a being lives that much, they have to spend a long time to reproduce...So, Freeza's father couldn't have his son before his 100 age for example.

King Vegeta was kind of old when he meet Freeza (who had the same appearance like now)...So, nouw:
Vegeta's Father age (maybe 70 years...remember Sayajins gets older slower than humans +
Vegeta's age (maybe 35 - 40)

Freeza's age now could be arround 100 - 400 years.
Vados Sama!

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
How can that work? Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta when Goku was an baby. And Goku is 42 now. Do you really think Freeza was only 1-10 years old when he did that? Because he sure as hell didn't look that young in the FOG TV special when he nuked Planet Vegeta. Hell, even if you take the retcon of the date of when Planet Vegeta was destroyed in Dragon Ball Minus, Freeza is still way too young.

Plus, considering that he's very well acquainted with Beerus and his father was knowledgeable of Majin's Boo power, I'd say Freeza has been around for at least quite a while.
Well I was thinking of the Namek arc, not right now. Freeza hasn't been alive all this time so I think his actual physical age is what matters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Freeza in the Namek saga does not look much different than he did when he met Bardock. I can imagine he was 40+ years old around that time.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 am

I would say something between 300 and 700. Younger than Hit though.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Considering how large and diverse his planet trading empire was at its peak, I'd say at least 500 years old.
Well, I imagine some of that empire was likely built up by King Cold and whoever came before him, and Freeza inherited lots while building some of his own.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Freeza and his father knew about Buu who was sealed away for I think over 1000 years by the time Goku knew about him so he's old.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:19 pm

sintzu wrote:Freeza and his father knew about Buu who was sealed away for I think over 1000 years by the time Goku knew about him so he's old.
Probably learned it from Beerus

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Well if Cold in his "potentially" second form look older than Frieza second form counterpart, I'd say that Cold is in his late 40 mid 50, but that's a number in human standard.

I saw a video speaking about DNA this video explained for how much for a human DNA can replicate itself, and the answer was that DNA can last 350 years for a human.

So let's say that 350 years is the average years death a Frieza clan species can reach then Cold is more or less 175 years old, that give us Frieza who have more or less half this age so 90 years old if I make a round number.

That's it for you all. :wave:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu