Question regarding fusion

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

Question regarding fusion

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:40 pm

I have always been curious by this. Do the two people preforming the fusion retain a level of self-awareness/consciousness after they fuse into a new being? The reason I ask is because it's been shown in the cases of Goku and Vegeta and the boys that they retain memories from the time they were fused

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Question regarding fusion

Post by KBABZ » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:I have always been curious by this. Do the two people preforming the fusion retain a level of self-awareness/consciousness after they fuse into a new being? The reason I ask is because it's been shown in the cases of Goku and Vegeta and the boys that they retain memories from the time they were fused
I don't think it's quite that. I think how it's portrayed is that the two minds are melded into one compound being. This is reflected in the behaviour of the fused individual, like how Gotenks has Trunk's cockiness and Goten's juvenile outlook. The Fusee's are still there and retain their memories (like Gotenks remembers that Chi-Chi and Bulma are his mothers), but they aren't able to respond on an individual basis until after the Fusion has passed. For as long as the Fusion is in effect, you're talking to a new individual formed by the experiences, personality and memories of the Fusees, not the Fusees themselves.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:15 pm

I think this topic can be pin for making this topic a general topic discution about Fusion in general

Though I have no answer for the current topic discution but I have another for everyone here, this question can be weird lol

Let's say that the fusion can last a few weeks it's enough for a female fusion to get pregnant right ? But what happen to the embryo once the fusion is done ? :wtf:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think this topic can be pin for making this topic a general topic discution about Fusion in general

Though I have no answer for the current topic discution but I have another for everyone here, this question can be weird lol

Let's say that the fusion can last a few weeks it's enough for a female fusion to get pregnant right ? But what happen to the embryo once the fusion is done ?
Identical twins
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:52 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Let's say that the fusion can last a few weeks it's enough for a female fusion to get pregnant right ? But what happen to the embryo once the fusion is done ? :wtf:
You'd have an awkward mess on your hands! And the floor.

Okay, joke over. If I were to tackle it, I'd write it that when defused, the mothers are carrying individual babies that have only the genes of themselves and the father. So for example, if "Bul-Chi" were pregnant with Yamcha's baby, when they defuse Bulma's baby would have the genes of Bulma and Yamcha, while Chi-Chi's baby would the genes of Chi-Chi and Yamcha. This would of course make family tree graphs very confusing.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:46 am

KBABZ wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Let's say that the fusion can last a few weeks it's enough for a female fusion to get pregnant right ? But what happen to the embryo once the fusion is done ? :wtf:
You'd have an awkward mess on your hands! And the floor.

Okay, joke over. If I were to tackle it, I'd write it that when defused, the mothers are carrying individual babies that have only the genes of themselves and the father. So for example, if "Bul-Chi" were pregnant with Yamcha's baby, when they defuse Bulma's baby would have the genes of Bulma and Yamcha, while Chi-Chi's baby would the genes of Chi-Chi and Yamcha. This would of course make family tree graphs very confusing.
:D

Well after I watched the last episode of DBS I fall upon a French topic about Fusion and all the fusion can do and I don't know I was thinking about that question because of a previous Idea of form for Saiyan based on DNA inspired by Assassin's Creed. So.

For you then the Baby split in half and the two resulting babies then got genes for both mother with the part of the father that could be possible :problem:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:For you then the Baby split in half and the two resulting babies then got genes for both mother with the part of the father that could be possible :problem:
The basis for the theory is that the father's genes are "constant" and don't change, but since the baby is connected to the mother thanks to that whole umbilical cord thing, the mother's genes would split and each half goes with the appropriate mother.

It would make for an amusing reveal at the very least. Have two different kids and two different mothers show up one day saying "I'm your kid and this is my mother!!" and Vegeta's like "I don't remember that!!"

If you want to complicate the question you could posit the same scenario (pregnant mother defuses) only to now add in the factor that the father was also fused at the time. This would probably result in a tri-fusion child when the mother defuses. For example, Bul-Chi + Vegetto = Gotenks, but if the mothers defuse you'd have a kid that's got Bulma, Vegeta and Goku's genes and a second with Chi-Chi, Vegeta and Goku's genes.

But this all might not be as interesting as it sounds, because one of the things about Fusion is that it combines not only powers, but personalities as well. But when you're a baby you haven't grown your personality yet, so that aspect would be a completely blank slate when they're born. And that got me thinking as to what Vegetto would be like if Goku had never hit his head and remained a wild and angry boy!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 am

That's well thought I can actually buy it as headcanon :shock:
KBABZ wrote:And that got me thinking as to what Vegetto would be like if Goku had never hit his head and remained a wild and angry boy!
I don't think Goku would have been that savage judging by how his mother was, sure he would have been troublesome but not a walking killing machine. In my opinion he would have been kinda angsty but caring for the one he love like Grandpa Gohan, He would have been more ruthless too.

I think Pilaf and his gang would have been scared to death of Goku, the Red Ribbon would have been whiped out more coldly, Piccolo Daimao would have been wrecked, Piccolo Jr would have been dealt more efficiently. After it's all conjecture but I think Raditz would have joined Goku instead of provoking him, Goku would have teach him a sour lesson. Nappa would have been killed by Goku instead of Vegeta, Vegeta would have been mostly Goku's bitch, the Ginuy Tokusentai would have been also all been killed coldly by Kakarotto.

A Fierce battle would have been raged against Frieza but ultimately he would have been Killed (not by Mirai Trunks) I don't see after that much change in the battle against the Android maybe Goku would have killed Android 19 before being got caught of guard by his heart virus so Android 20/Gero would have to dealt with Vegeta&Co.

Cell would have been killed by Gohan that I surmise his personnality would have been different too. Perhaps Goku would have been Married to Bulma ?

But in the end at the Buu saga that would have been him who would have been Majinized. In the end Vegetto would have been more ruthless but not so different than the one we know.

But I digress let's go back to the topic.