Was Tens of times only related to fusion of Kale and Caulifla

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bentovo

Was Tens of times only related to fusion of Kale and Caulifla

Post by bentovo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:43 am

Vados: The new body and personality born from a Potara fusion.... are more than the sum of their parts and their power increases tens of times
Episode 114
He has both Vegeta's coolheaded battle strategies and Goku's pure fighting sense, and there can be no doubt that his strength measures even greater than that of a [Super] Saiyan 3.
http://web.archive.org/web/201111031544 ... -z#vegetto

Was Tens of times only related to fusion of Kale and Caulifla?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Was Tens of times only related to fusion of Kale and Caulifla

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:33 am

It's just another way of saying "a whole lot stronger."

People really need to stop reading so deeply into these throwaway hyperbolic statements. It's a serious part of the utter cancer that is power level discussion.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:36 am

Obviously not, the anime made Vegetto so overpowered that his base form exceeded Ultimate Gohan, Super Boo, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo combined. That's at least a couple thousand times stronger if put into power levels, the manga however was quite a bit more ambiguous as Vegetto transformed to SSJ right off the bat rather than demonstrate his base power. I'm willing to bet though that its still tens of times greater for manga Vegetto as well, anything less couldn't overpower Boohan.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 am

Fusion just doesn't have a set "formula" that would apply to any given pair of characters -- it's based on compatibility between the characters and includes a whole bunch of factors beyond just raw power.

We know that's definitely the case for dance fusions (incompatible characters due to size, etc. can't fuse at all and if you get the dance wrong your fusion turns out wrong too), and based on the drastically different results we've seen with Potara fusions (compare how ludicrously strong Goku and Vegeta's fusion was to how Kaioshin and Kibito didn't even hit the SSJ3 range of power, despite the East Kaioshin already being in the range of the Super Saiyans beforehand... so Potara fusion was literally less than an 8x increase for those two, but it made Goku and Vegeta thousands of times stronger!) it seems like the same is true for Potara fusions.

Kale and Caulifla's "tens of times" would make them a much better fusion than "Kibitoshin" but not as good as Vegerot, which makes sense considering that they're neither fighting experts or rivals the way Goku and Vegeta were, but they're still both fighters with comparable power and similar abilities (unlike Kiaoshin+Kibito where Kibito was way weaker and mainly a healer, which doesn't seem to be good for fusion based on how Goku was about to pick Mr. Satan over Dende simply due to Dende "not being a fighter" despite being guaranteed to have a higher power level than the Champ.)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:It's just another way of saying "a whole lot stronger."

People really need to stop reading so deeply into these throwaway hyperbolic statements. It's a serious part of the utter cancer that is power level discussion.
This! A figure of speech.

SS4 Gogeta was also suggested to be “tens of times” stronger than SS4 Goku and Vegeta. Even Zamas’ said SS2 makes Goku tens of times stronger. Actually, it’s a perfect way to describe something that can’t be quantified.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:17 pm

The Potara fusion was not always depicted to be all-powerful. Kibitoshin (the potara fusion of Shin and Kibito) was not an impressive power-up over Shin, especially given that Shin alone is at the very least at Semi Perfect Cell’s level and Kibitoshin was below SSJ2 Vegeta. Remember that Vegetto’s power-up was stated to have exceeded Elder Kaioshin’s expectations and that was attributed to a “rival boost”.

As for the choice of words “tens of times”, I certainly like it more than the other usual lazy line …. “I am not even using half of my power” …. And regarding power-scaling in Super the sooner you stop caring about it the more you will enjoy the rest of the show. As episode 113 confirmed the writers apply video-game logic, so just stop wasting your time thinking about it.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:29 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:It's just another way of saying "a whole lot stronger."

Agree 100%

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:50 am

Look at it this way:

1. If Goku and Vegeta are 1, when their base goes up to 50, for example, then their fusion ought to be 20 going up to 1'000, which surpasses SSJ3 in its 400-ness.
2. It is more than the sum of their powers, which could be written as A plus B times 10, making it a power boost of 20 fold over a single character.
3. Kale and Caulifla are much stronger than before, much like Vegetto was in the Buu saga, but even the latter felt like transforming.
4. You could write SSJ God as an increase of 500 up to 1'000 after the ritual, with SSJ Blue going up 5 times, for example.
5. That way, when Goku couples it with a 10 fold Kaioken, he is at a level to beat a calm SSJ "green" fusion.

Goku: 1 | SSJ: 50 | SSJ2: 100 | SSJ3: 400 | SSJG: 500 | SSJB: 1'000 | Full Power: 5'000
Fusion: 20 | SSJ: 1'000 | SSJ2: 2'000

It's only my opinion. I'll wait for the actual episode.