Would Cell have accepted a ring out?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Would Cell have accepted a ring out?

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

If during his fight with Goku before he destroyed the arena, Goku had managed to ring out cell do you think he would have accepted his loss?

I mean Piccolo sort of accepted his ring out enough to leave. Cell also has saiyan cells and seems prideful. I personally think he may have gone off to train before issuing a new challenge.

He still had his composure at this point unlike his breakdown with Gohan.

What do you guys think?

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would Cell have accepted a ring out?

Post by Majin Jator » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Nah, the tournament was just a charade. When he realized that being ring out was a real possibility, he just blowed up the arena. Had that happened before he realized ...he would had proceed the same way

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Cell was totally the "Nuh-uh, infinity plus one!" guy when it came to the rules of the Cell Games, hence the aforementioned blowing up of the ring. If he had been runged out ( :eh: ), he probably would have said "When did I ever say that there were ring outs? :twisted: " as if he didn't make it up right there on the spot.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:20 am

Krillin1994 wrote:I personally think he may have gone off to train before issuing a new challenge.
You should try watching the special "Arsumare Goku World" , because that's exactly what happens there :lol:

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 am

For all his talk of wanting a challenge, Cell showed himself to be a hypocrite when Gohan transformed. He may have Saiyan cells, but there's plenty of Freeza in there as well.

Had Goku rung him out, he would have just ignored it. I mean, both of them were going pretty far from the ring as it was. It was all for show, he just wanted to humiliate the Z Fighters by beating them at their own game.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

I'd say 7 or 8 times out of 10 the Freeza-like/evil side of Cell wins out and he doesn't accept a ring-out, then destroys the arena to continue the fight without the worry about ring-outs and other tournament rules.

But I think there is that little chance that the Saiyan/wanting-a-challenge/martial-artist side of him wins out and he's actually okay with losing by ring-out, since he did say that they were going by tournament rules after all. That possibility is probably the best way for Cell to end up in a "bad guy who lost and is now more of a rival, might begrudgingly team up with the heroes against a mutual enemy" situation in some alternate universe scenario, since once he's humiliated by SSj2 Gohan he goes too far down the "Freeza losing temper-tantrum" route and there's no turning back from that.