[THEORY] What if Goku uses IT to eliminate Jiren?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

[THEORY] What if Goku uses IT to eliminate Jiren?

Post by DSB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Lets say UI Goku fails to beat Jiren again. Now, Goku knows that time is running out and if Jiren isnt eliminated U11 will win as Jiren will clear house. But he has lost his UIO again and has almost zero stamina. Then he notices the bench. He immediately locks on to Beerus' ki. He distracts Jiren it a decoy ki Blast, touches him and them IT's themselves into the U7 Bench. Now both gets eliminated. Jiren gets angry while Goku is exhausted. Beerus confronts Jiren and Whis and Marcarita has to intervene.

This is probably the most interesting way to eliminate Jiren. Keeps him strong while getting him out. Goku still cant beat him.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: [THEORY] What if Goku uses IT to eliminate Jiren?

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Well it's definitely one way to put Jiren out of commission without going the mundane traditional route of having Goku return with a vengeance to overpower him. I like the idea. It's been said many times now but Jiren could also be sealed away via Mafuba if those who are capable of using the technique had the sensibility to try it. Many methods exist to ring him out and, to be honest, they would be in more keeping with the spirit of what this tournament is supposed to be about than Goku having a climactic final one-on-one with Jiren that sees him getting eliminated. I personally don't want to see this tournament ending using the same old trappings of the DB formula but I'm afraid that's where things are going at the moment.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

It's hard to tell how things could end. During their first fight he wasn't putting much effort against UI but now Kafla seems to be able to hold her own as well so who knows how the he'll fair a 2nd time. For all we know Blue will be enough to give him the same tough fight he gave him in UI.

I think it would be interesting if Goku lost control of himself and ended up killing him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:23 am

I really like your idea OP. It's subversive in that Toriyama way. Could make for a really funny scene.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:24 am

DSB wrote:Lets say UI Goku fails to beat Jiren again. Now, Goku knows that time is running out and if Jiren isnt eliminated U11 will win as Jiren will clear house. But he has lost his UIO again and has almost zero stamina. Then he notices the bench. He immediately locks on to Beerus' ki. He distracts Jiren it a decoy ki Blast, touches him and them IT's themselves into the U7 Bench. Now both gets eliminated. Jiren gets angry while Goku is exhausted. Beerus confronts Jiren and Whis and Marcarita has to intervene.

This is probably the most interesting way to eliminate Jiren. Keeps him strong while getting him out. Goku still cant beat him.
That would be a cool way for the TOP to end!!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 am

majinwarman wrote:
DSB wrote:Lets say UI Goku fails to beat Jiren again. Now, Goku knows that time is running out and if Jiren isnt eliminated U11 will win as Jiren will clear house. But he has lost his UIO again and has almost zero stamina. Then he notices the bench. He immediately locks on to Beerus' ki. He distracts Jiren it a decoy ki Blast, touches him and them IT's themselves into the U7 Bench. Now both gets eliminated. Jiren gets angry while Goku is exhausted. Beerus confronts Jiren and Whis and Marcarita has to intervene.

No not End. It allows Vegeta and Freeza and others to win the ToP

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 pm

DSB wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

No not End. It allows Vegeta and Freeza and others to win the ToP
That would be the perfect way to allow a different ending than Goku winning the TOP.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 am

I like it. Its nice. And it wouldn't be an asspull win over Jiren.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:22 pm

That would be the smart thing to do, but it probably won't happen.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 am

Well technically due to IT, Goku can never ring out since he can always teleport back inside the ring, but yes, I've also thought of this many times before. I think Jiren is too fast. IT requires concentration to lock onto someone's ki. Goku would have to get close enough to Jiren to touch him and then focus on ki which Jiren is not going to let happen. It's more likely that if Goku gets knocked out of the ring he can use IT to get back in by locking onto Jiren's ki. Jiren will probably just knock him out again though because Jiren is aware of his surroundings. It was the same when Jiren went against Hit, so I don't think that IT is going to surprise Jiren. I do think Jiren will win this tournament so that we will finally get to know what Jiren's wish is.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 am

I love this idea. I genuinely hope this is how it ends.